The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: What to do?
Keep the 5711A 48 55.17%
Trade for the 5320G 39 44.83%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 July 2019, 08:12 AM   #31
wisguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgp View Post
I have done that trade a few months ago and sold my white 5711 to fund a 5320 which I loved at first sight!
The 5711 didn't get wrist-time anymore so it was an easy decision for me: If you don't wear it - sell it. Very happy with the upgrade to the 5320

Yes, it will be a nightmare to get the 5711 back and IMO it's more versatile than the 5320. If you have doubts and if you still adore and enjoy wearing your blue 5711 then it might not be a good idea to sell it. The 5320 will still be around in a few months so better take your time and make sure you really like it.

Good luck with your decision!

Attachment 1059422
That is an AWESOME watch! How does it wear compared to the Nautilus?

My main concern is the size, lug to lug it's 47-48mm and I have small wrists. Height does not seem to be an issue for tight cuffs.
Old 30 July 2019, 08:57 AM   #32
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisguy View Post
Maybe the 5711 value continues to go up
Just an opinion, obviously since none of us can predict the future, but I don't see this happening. It might go up slightly, then back down, then back up, but ultimately I don't see it going *that* much higher. Only time that'll happen is right before Patek discontinues something (as we're seeing with the 5980/1R right now). And even then, it's unsustaintable.

Unless these all become great vintage pieces, but I don't feel the 57xx range is that (compared to the older references).
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 08:58 AM   #33
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Just an opinion, obviously since none of us can predict the future, but I don't see this happening. It might go up slightly, then back down, then back up, but ultimately I don't see it going *that* much higher. Only time that'll happen is right before Patek discontinues something (as we're seeing with the 5980/1R right now). And even then, it's unsustaintable.

Unless these all become great vintage pieces, but I don't feel the 57xx range is that (compared to the older references).
I agree with u bud. Of course it’s also just an opinion lol
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 09:00 AM   #34
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
That's valid. But what does it matter if the 5711 is a fast mover if the OP intends to wear their watch regularly and not flip at the first chance of flipping (in which case the flip should've taken place a while ago because the 5711 has been a fast mover for a while now). :)
Well because, he’s looking to make this move. So there’s always another watch move to be made. At least, for me there is. My point is I’d be most comfortable taking those gains and getting on the list for another premium piece which i secure from AD.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 09:34 AM   #35
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Thanks for all the responses, many valid points worth considering as usual (we are a great crowd here in TRF).

I do love my 5711 and wear it often, but I've always wanted a complicated PP and adding one outright is out of the question unfortunately.

Maybe I'll just flip the Lange 1 for an AC (5146 or 5396), wear it as a stepping stone to calm the itch and see what happens.

Maybe the 5711 value continues to go up and that would give me acess to some of the ther pieces mentioned. Maybe it crashes and goes back to $24k...
I would not sell that Lange 1, far too nice just to scratch an itch, I'd be sure you are trading into a keeper, and in this game and on this forum esp it is hard to know what really is an endgame piece, which is why people here do not easily say sell the 5711 for something else.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2019, 04:55 PM   #36
alika
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
I would
alika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 12:10 AM   #37
fgp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That is an AWESOME watch! How does it wear compared to the Nautilus?

My main concern is the size, lug to lug it's 47-48mm and I have small wrists. Height does not seem to be an issue for tight cuffs.

The height is no problem and for my taste it doesn't wear too big. It feels light and comfortable.

But regardless what I say: Given the price tag and the fact that this is a 'special' piece (cream dial, hands etc.) I highly recommend that you take a look in real life if you have the chance...most of the pictures don't do the watch justice imo.
fgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 03:30 AM   #38
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgp View Post
The height is no problem and for my taste it doesn't wear too big. It feels light and comfortable.

But regardless what I say: Given the price tag and the fact that this is a 'special' piece (cream dial, hands etc.) I highly recommend that you take a look in real life if you have the chance...most of the pictures don't do the watch justice imo.
Completely agree. I was quite surprised at how nice it is IRL.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 07:06 PM   #39
G M Francis
"TRF" Member

I did a slightly similar deal. I traded a Aquanaut 5167A , a Batman and a Speedmaster for my 5320G. I paid virtually retail for the watches a good while back and decided to cash out. I really liked wearing the Aquanaut, it’s a great daily wearer. However the 5320 is honestly in a different league to the Nautilus, it’s on my wrist everyday. Having said all that I can’t see steel sports watches coming down in price. Instagram seems to be sending a lot of people nuts.
G M Francis is offline   Reply With Quote