The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 28 April 2019, 10:44 AM   #1
usnwfu
"TRF" Member

AP waiting list

So after 2 years on the Rolex waitlist... I'm done they lost a customer. For my first luxury watch, I got on the AP waiting list... (25% deposit) and hope it's a real list unlike the Rolex one.

Minor vent... I don't mind getting told no straight up instead of being told the run around.

Does anyone have experience with the AP NY/Miami boutiques? ie. How long did they wait for a ss 15400/15500/26331 once they got on the list ? (not expecting a 15202 as first AP of course)

Thanks!
usnwfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2019, 10:46 AM   #2
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

As long as u placed a 25% deposit, u will be expecting the watch within the year, most likely few months. The boutique accept deposit by yearly allocation.
kimwizzzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2019, 01:43 PM   #3
blacke90
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP||Panerai||Rolex
Should be less than 3 months wait. Glad you’ll be joining the AP club soon.
blacke90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2019, 04:22 PM   #4
vipergts66
"TRF" Member

Got the opportunity to place a deposit on the blue 15500, was quoted 3-6 months.
Apple Watch Series 1
vipergts66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2019, 05:10 PM   #5
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
You’re in luck. When AP says they will get you something, they do. Welcome to customer service.
Old 28 April 2019, 05:35 PM   #6
Uros
"TRF" Member

Congrats in advance!

Yes Rolex should do something about its sales network, so many noise and grey offerings its madness...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2019, 06:25 PM   #7
Roccio
"TRF" Member

Nice! Did you put a deposit in the US AD? Mind telling us which model?
Roccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2019, 07:15 PM   #8
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnwfu View Post
So after 2 years on the Rolex waitlist... I'm done they lost a customer. For my first luxury watch, I got on the AP waiting list... (25% deposit) and hope it's a real list unlike the Rolex one.

Minor vent... I don't mind getting told no straight up instead of being told the run around.

Does anyone have experience with the AP NY/Miami boutiques? ie. How long did they wait for a ss 15400/15500/26331 once they got on the list ? (not expecting a 15202 as first AP of course)

Thanks!

Rolex AD quoted me 50 years for a white dial ceramic Daytona, it’s not even worth speaking to people that can’t be bothered engaging their brain before opening their mouth.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2019, 07:16 PM   #9
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Rolex AD quoted me 50 years for a white dial ceramic Daytona, it’s not even worth speaking to people that can’t be bothered engaging their brain before opening their mouth.

WTH... that AD is
Old 28 April 2019, 09:25 PM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:

I wonder if faced with this reality, and this was really your grail watch, the only one you want, how many of those die-hard retail price only guys would go grey? I bet it would be a lot more than would admit it.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2019, 09:48 PM   #11
Ranfni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Panerai AP
If you place a deposit for a watch with AP boutique they will overdeliver...I did on a 15500 Rose Gold Black face and they quoted July or August and it came in two weeks ago or a week after my deposit.
Ranfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2019, 11:07 PM   #12
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I wonder if faced with this reality, and this was really your grail watch, the only one you want, how many of those die-hard retail price only guys would go grey? I bet it would be a lot more than would admit it.

I did! I walked out of the shop, turned left and walked into the jewellers 200m up the road and did a deal at 16k for a brand new white face ceramic Daytona for my wife. 16k looks like a pretty good deal 2 years later!

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2019, 11:16 PM   #13
usnwfu
"TRF" Member

Quote:

To me that’s honestly insulting... haha funny “50 years”. We are adults here and I rather them say... we only get 2 and they are allocated to people already but if you want a ss sub or sea .. we can work something out.

I’m glad I jumped ship ... and it wasn’t a second choice but more like I decided to wait and save , spend the extra $$ and get a watch I wanted more And have good customer service.
Old 28 April 2019, 11:19 PM   #14
usnwfu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccio View Post
Nice! Did you put a deposit in the US AD? Mind telling us which model?
It was at the AD in NYC and customer service was exceptional! I wish I took pictures but they showed me every ROC, the new 38s, 15500, and some 1159/ (at my request since I wanted to see in person). Even with a small wrist I get the new 38s don’t give that wow statement factor vs the 41.

I left deposit for a 15500 grey but I’m still not 100% settled and might get the ROC. (I’m married so I can’t just get both) lol
Old 28 April 2019, 11:20 PM   #15
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Think I waited a little over a month once I put my deposit down for a 26331st blue with Miami Bal Harbour
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2019, 11:31 PM   #16
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Depending on how old you are, maybe you should get on the list. Don't forget, people are living longer these days.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 12:49 AM   #17
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
I did! I walked out of the shop, turned left and walked into the jewellers 200m up the road and did a deal at 16k for a brand new white face ceramic Daytona for my wife. 16k looks like a pretty good deal 2 years later!

My man.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 02:53 AM   #18
kevblah
"TRF" Member

from what ive seen, you should be able to get the 26331 within a month or two

currently on the 15500 you may be waiting until the end of the year
kevblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 03:06 AM   #19
Kimber007
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP
Quote:
I walked into an AD 2 weeks ago and was also told exactly 50 year wait for SS Daytona. The same sales person also scolded me for turning the bezel on a Yachtmaster clockwise. She said it should only be turned counterclockwise

That said, I've been on the waiting list for the Gray Ghost for over a year now and still nothing even after putting down my deposit. Need to follow up with them again this week.
Kimber007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 04:23 AM   #20
Uros
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber007 View Post
I walked into an AD 2 weeks ago and was also told exactly 50 year wait for SS Daytona. The same sales person also scolded me for turning the bezel on a Yachtmaster clockwise. She said it should only be turned counterclockwise

That said, I've been on the waiting list for the Gray Ghost for over a year now and still nothing even after putting down my deposit. Need to follow up with them again this week.

Saw grey ghost yesterday at AP house in Madrid appears available...

Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 04:46 AM   #21
msm2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Which boutique? 57th boutique had one a few weeks ago.
msm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 04:51 AM   #22
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

I put down full deposit for my Royal oak and last year and got it in a month. Pretty happy with that.
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 06:00 AM   #23
Estebantp
"TRF" Member

Bal Harbour boutique had 1 ghost for sale for for a few weeks but sold yesterday...
Estebantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 07:29 AM   #24
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Florence Italy had one last month when I was there.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 10:25 AM   #25
APAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Your AD pulled one on you. Pretty much every boutique I visited in the past 4 months had one on display.
APAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 10:34 AM   #26
usnwfu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APAP View Post
Your AD pulled one on you. Pretty much every boutique I visited in the past 4 months had one on display.
if this was an AD and not a boutique.... probably shows how AP was right to pull out of ADs and better supply their customers themselves.
Old 29 April 2019, 10:35 AM   #27
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5711/1a-011
About a month between placing my deposit on the 26331 blue and delivery. I was expecting the end of the year, but it obviously came much more quickly!
Old 29 April 2019, 11:52 AM   #28
Lord Hectic
Banned

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
You’re in luck. When AP says they will get you something, they do. Welcome to customer service.
This is the reason i have moved on from Rolex, wrong strategy to take towards old school customers. I am in my early 30's and see how my generation and younger are all fooled by the marketing strategy. At the end of day in the premium market you expect much better service then a 'f' off attitude to paying customers.
Lord Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 12:53 PM   #29
usnwfu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Hectic View Post
This is the reason i have moved on from Rolex, wrong strategy to take towards old school customers. I am in my early 30's and see how my generation and younger are all fooled by the marketing strategy. At the end of day in the premium market you expect much better service then a 'f' off attitude to paying customers.
Yeah I'm surprised because I'm in the same age group and the attention span is zero... older people waited weeks for delivery (amazon just announced 1 day prime). I think younger crowds will not tolerate this waitlist BS/AD games by Rolex. With some younger interns I work with, if I don't text them back within 10 minutes they think I'm in a ditch somewhere...

But in reality honestly, everybody and their brother nowadays wants a black sub still. I think maybe if AP's CODE 1159 was a truly entry level maybe could have gotten more millennials? (ie under 10k , similar RO design?)
Old 29 April 2019, 12:54 PM   #30
usnwfu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calatravato View Post
About a month between placing my deposit on the 26331 blue and delivery. I was expecting the end of the year, but it obviously came much more quickly!
Whoa... well I'm hoping for some luck too. A milestone Bday for me is coming in 2 months, maybe the Boutique will aim for that date on purpose to make it extra special. If they do ... they will definitely have a customer for life. Aiming for a 15202 next =D.