The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 2 February 2015, 01:40 AM   #31
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by improviz View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.
He doesn't show pictures of his watches...
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2015, 02:09 AM   #32
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
I do think Hublot gets a little unfairly bashed here on TRF (a lot of it is fair). It is important to know what the general WIS crowd thinks of a watch and brand because unless you're one of the very few who "buy and hold" watches, you'll end up selling it at some point too. I think the biggest gripe with Hublot is that they have jumped into the realm price range of "haute horology" without actually earning it. They did it primarily by copying design features from the Offshore when they released the Big Bang in 2005. As an aside, they do get credit for putting nice rubber straps on luxury watches which I do appreciate.

Other criticism such as seemingly unlimited Limited Editions and brand ambassadors can also be applied to AP as well. In fact AP's new line of diamond "bedazzled" Offshores has me wondering.

As for the watch in question here, by all means if you like it that's really what matters. According to a thread on WUS, these have Sellita SW300 movements with a Hublot date module. It does have a nice and clean look, so you have to decide if the overall package is worth it to you.
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2015, 02:53 AM   #33
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
He doesn't show pictures of his watches...
Which imo (and lots of others') would be because he doesn't have any of the ones he claims to have...he sure finds plenty of time to post pictures of others' watches he finds on the net.
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2015, 03:05 AM   #34
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeal View Post
Hello. May I ask why? Curious why people hate on hublot so much..
For the reasons stated below....also I have a preference for rolex or omega in the 5-10k price bracket. I also hate the name itself for no particular reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
I do think Hublot gets a little unfairly bashed here on TRF (a lot of it is fair). It is important to know what the general WIS crowd thinks of a watch and brand because unless you're one of the very few who "buy and hold" watches, you'll end up selling it at some point too. I think the biggest gripe with Hublot is that they have jumped into the realm price range of "haute horology" without actually earning it. They did it primarily by copying design features from the Offshore when they released the Big Bang in 2005. As an aside, they do get credit for putting nice rubber straps on luxury watches which I do appreciate.

Other criticism such as seemingly unlimited Limited Editions and brand ambassadors can also be applied to AP as well. In fact AP's new line of diamond "bedazzled" Offshores has me wondering.

As for the watch in question here, by all means if you like it that's really what matters. According to a thread on WUS, these have Sellita SW300 movements with a Hublot date module. It does have a nice and clean look, so you have to decide if the overall package is worth it to you.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by improviz View Post
Which imo (and lots of others') would be because he doesn't have any of the ones he claims to have...he sure finds plenty of time to post pictures of others' watches he finds on the net.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2015, 04:15 AM   #35
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
I haven't seen the vid but I will in a while as I am caught up at work.
That was a pretty bad comparison IMO, as Invicta is really does not even come to mind as popular high end luxury watch. I do get your point nevertheless.

I feel that Hublot has come a long way in just 35 years, and LOTS of collectors add them to their collection. They are only getting more popular.
They do have some crazy looking watches, but they have some pretty amazing ones too. I am going to take my chance that theres a reason they have come so far in such little time.

I might be justifying this to myself because I really want to get the watch, but lets see. Not going to rush into the decision before I am sure!
I appreciate your help! :D
Just trying to illustrate a point of view for you to consider, An extreme comparison i will agree

A timeless quality (value) to a watch does not necessarily have to have a high price but a high priced watch imho should be accompanied by a timeless quality.

Some examples: rolex submariner/ omega speedmaster pro/ seiko diver/ casio g shock...what they have in common is continuity and clarity of design.

Old 2 February 2015, 04:46 AM   #36
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
Movements are very questionable. Just ask.

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2015, 04:57 AM   #37
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

I do think the Classic Fusion is a good looking watch. Would I buy it for myself? Probably not.

I don't think of myself as a Hublot fan per se, though there are certain models that I am drawn to. I agree that Hublot gets unfairly bashed around here. To be honest, I think a lot of people just jump on the bandwagon without even putting any thought into it.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2015, 05:28 AM   #38
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnd08 View Post
Probably the best looking Hublot I've seen.

But still not for me. There are a lot of watches in the $5k range...I wouldn't put my own money towards a Hublot.

This exactly. And my reasoning is this.....if I am going to spend $5k on a watch it is not going to be on a brand that has some of the hideous examples Hublot does.

And is the $5k new or used? Reason I ask is because these things drop like a lead balloon as soon as you buy them new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2015, 01:46 PM   #39
DreambreaX
Banned

Quote:
I am really tempted to get this beauty.
I know there is some hate on Hublot, not quite sure why, but this is a stunner.
The brand is known to have good finishing, and the movements are not questionable.
Though I agree they have same really ridiculous looking watches, I think this one is a winner.

Before we compare this with the AP, I feel it is a different look, not to mention less than half the price at $5000 comparing to the general Royal Oaks.

What do you guys think?

get the ferrari instead?

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=379688
DreambreaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2015, 06:28 AM   #40
p_mcgee
"TRF" Member

I like it in pics, but I know I'd flip it within a year
p_mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2015, 02:17 PM   #41
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
check this out:

same price range, very similar aesthetic (bracelet vs strap) yet the brand is so much more and the design is a part of gerald genta, the layout is clear and clean and with its luminescence, among the most legible watches by day or night you will find.

an all around great watch.

just something to consider.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=393565
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_8031-2.jpg (64.4 KB, 189 views)
Old 3 February 2015, 03:40 PM   #42
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
^ good call Gus Ingy is a great piece for the money.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2015, 04:07 PM   #43
DreambreaX
Banned

things to consider. the unico titanium, get the preowned one, but the condition is 98%

DreambreaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2015, 11:14 PM   #44
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
check this out:

same price range, very similar aesthetic (bracelet vs strap) yet the brand is so much more and the design is a part of gerald genta, the layout is clear and clean and with its luminescence, among the most legible watches by day or night you will find.

an all around great watch.

just something to consider.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=393565
I'd take that over the Hublot.
jjnd08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2015, 11:55 PM   #45
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreambreaX View Post
things to consider. the unico titanium, get the preowned one, but the condition is 98%

The OP isn't considering an AP because his budget is around $5000 USD, so other than another chance to show stock photos,
why suggest a Ferrari ($25k+) or Unico titanium ($15k)? Pre-owned is cheaper for sure but not $5000.
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2015, 02:05 AM   #46
robin hood
"TRF" Member

This is one Hublot I could live with. Sadly, turned off by most of their offerings.
robin hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2015, 07:06 AM   #47
Karahana
"TRF" Member

I´m aware of the long debate about their movements, also about their brand ambassadors and branding strategy. Their watches are over the top, like many other brands, although the Hublots I've tried feel like very expensive plastic-ish toys.
Their non aligned screws also put me off.

If u serious about buying it, go second hand, Hublots take a serious hit over the MSRP.

Just my 2 cents.

At the end of the day, the debate is simple, if you like it... what we think is irrelevant.
Karahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 10:09 AM   #48
WatchesAreCool
"TRF" Member

I feel the same as OP here and am a big fan of the classic fusion in 42mm or 38mm. Opaline white dial and black magic are my favorite classic fusions but other hublot models are a little tough to look at. Resale value for hublot tends to suck but if you find a good preowned model I think it’s a good buy and a solid daily wearer.
WatchesAreCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 11:17 AM   #49
osamu
"TRF" Member

while this thread is almost 3 years old, i agree, the simple classic fusion is the only Hublot I've considered buying. It's a handsome watch, even if you're not a big fan of the brand. I think the movement is pretty ordinary, so while "cheap" for a Hublot, it's still expensive for what it is, but still been tempted a few times. Especially love the sunburst blue and grey dials.
osamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 12:40 PM   #50
shafran
"TRF" Member

I like it alot

I actually used to have it in gold. Now I have the ultraathin skeleton titanium. I had an ap 15300i gold, thought the hublot was prettier.
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2017, 06:47 PM   #51
PattayaHammerTime
"TRF" Member

No complaints from me....

I did have a spirit of big bang titanium which was a beast of a watch... traded that in and upgraded to a rolex yacht master rose gold... the hublot was just too bloody big!

as others have said, get in at the right price and you shouldn't suffer too much on your trade in as and when
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hublot.jpg (88.4 KB, 87 views)
PattayaHammerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2017, 08:30 PM   #52
shafran
"TRF" Member

Nice!
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 08:55 AM   #53
brad935
Banned

Watch: Rolex Submariner
I like it, worn on the right occasion.
brad935 is offline   Reply With Quote