The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 November 2017, 12:10 AM   #31
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Having been a Costco member since 1995 I can say for certain I've spent a lot of money there and have very little negative to say about the company and a lot of good things. I really love getting my refund checks each year as well. I'd have no qualms about buying a Rolex through them. I'd rather do that then through any of the Forums TSs from a view point of security and the ability to get my money back if I want.
Agreed. Costco is a great place to work, with good benefits, so I have no problem spending money there. Costco is not an AD though and these are grey market watches they’re selling. Also, their selection of watches will be limited to the slower movers of the brand. I doubt you’ll see a ceramic Daytona at one anytime soon.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 12:43 AM   #32
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
I'm still looking for seeing my first one in person at COSTCO.
Old 19 November 2017, 12:49 AM   #33
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRider View Post
No, that was Omega that sued Costco over grey market watches and lost.

Thanks for that. Tiffany sued them as well, but won.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa.../amp/568129001

I don’t see why people get all worked up about this. To the point of about one new thread a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 12:54 AM   #34
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyMan View Post
Do you have a link to this, I would like to read it. Really does hurt the brand sad day when these companies can get away with anything should have a sign that’s says NOT a authorized dealer of Rolex and No Rolex warranty on quality. These watches are abused in transit and often broken. I know a AD that gets people all the time with new watches they got from them not working. Sad day in America if they did lose the case. Just sad
Actually I believe it was Omega that sued Costco.. .Here's the link for the Wikipedia story...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_...Wholesale_Corp

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:00 AM   #35
ingoodtime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do you have a link to this, I would like to read it. Really does hurt the brand sad day when these companies can get away with anything should have a sign that’s says NOT a authorized dealer of Rolex and No Rolex warranty on quality. These watches are abused in transit and often broken. I know a AD that gets people all the time with new watches they got from them not working. Sad day in America if they did lose the case. Just sad
I once bought a TAG from Costco in 1999. They in fact Did tell me that because they were not an authorized dealer, I would have to bring the watch to them if it ever needed service. Long story short, some years later the bracelet broke. I took the watch to a major chain back then, baily banks and biddle. They were an authorized TAG dealer. They sent it of to Tag with no charge for shipping and Tag determoned the bracelet was defective and repaired it for free. Fast forward a few more years and the bracelet broke again. I again returned to the same jewelry store and same scenario only this time TAG said the bracelet broke in the same place and replaced it for free.

Costco is very reputable. I bought a laptop there and a week later, on the costco site it was about 40 bucks less, went back to the store and they refunded the difference. Then a few weeks later, there was another reduction in price I think due to a manufacturers coupon for that item. I went back and they adjusted he price again.

Lee
ingoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:07 AM   #36
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
I have heard some horror stories with broken watches from Grey sellers who offered their own warranty instead of Rolex's. I would less worry about Costco since it is such a huge company with great protection policy. If anything goes wrong, I feel that they will cover it.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:13 AM   #37
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Those are fair prices for someone who wants those
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:21 AM   #38
ingoodtime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
2 percent doesnt even cover tax. those are gray market watches. id never buy at costco. better prices can be found elsewhere.
In some cases yes. But not everyone is aware that better pricing might be available and might not know where to look. Take for instance the 116618LB priced ar my costco for 25999.00 that is actually a very fair price .

Lee
Old 19 November 2017, 01:22 AM   #39
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Absolutely a lie on someone's part; I suggest that your AD is feeding you the typical Rolex line and trying to foster sales from their store by falsely discrediting the competition. Either that or someone is blaming Costco for their self inflicted damage to a watch at the AD. "All the time," I suspect is a big stretch if it is true at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
2 percent doesnt even cover tax. those are gray market watches. id never buy at costco. better prices can be found elsewhere.
Buy where and what you like; I can buy through Costco in a tax free state if I choose for an extra fifteen minute drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiparks View Post
LOL you just made up that last part about the watches being abused. If that was the case, Costco would simply take it back for a full refund.
Good call!!!

Old 19 November 2017, 01:24 AM   #40
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingoodtime View Post
In some cases yes. But not everyone is aware that better pricing might be available and might not know where to look. Take for instance the 116618LB priced ar my costco for 25999.00 that is actually a very fair price .
fair yes, if you can buy it in a tax free state. otherwise it's not that good of a price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:32 AM   #41
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
If you see what you want at CostCo, CostCo > TS
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:42 AM   #42
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Costco is a fine company, I know many food businesses that use them all the time. The watches used to come with their lifetime return guarantee but I think that changed to 3 months. I have no problem buying from them if it can be worked on under warranty by Rolex like with any TS.
Neil, I'd like to see some evidence to that claim. Maybe it's true in the UK as I can't attest to the Costco corporations policies across international borders. I due know that one Costco employee in Oregon fed me a line about a return of a kayak and wouldn't accept it for what ever reason. Later, in a different state at another Costco I was relaying the story and they said it was absolutely against corporate policy to refuse the return. They took it back without so much as a raised eyebrow about the return. Next time I see a Rolex at a Costco (I know there is one a few minutes from where I work which I'm considering buying for my wife's sixtieth birthday) I'll ask. Be careful believing what you hear. It could well be BS.

Old 19 November 2017, 01:43 AM   #43
faz
"TRF" Member

Watch: like'em all
The problem with Costco is lack of selection. When they do have any Rolexes, they only have one or two of varying models so you have to get lucky in finding the one you want at the time you want to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instagram @fazmoto
faz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:49 AM   #44
rexG
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:

Why wouldn’t there be a Rolex warranty? Of course there would be. Also, I was fully aware Costco was not an AD and in no way was it advertised as such. If you’re worried about Costco “hurting the brand”....there’s a whole lot worse out there. By the way, there was a Panerai LUMINOR 1950 (I believe) next to it....soooo...there’s equal “hurting of brands” going on.
116619LB SMURF
rexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:55 AM   #45
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexG View Post
Why wouldn’t there be a Rolex warranty? Of course there would be. Also, I was fully aware Costco was not an AD and in no way was it advertised as such. If you’re worried about Costco “hurting the brand”....there’s a whole lot worse out there. By the way, there was a Panerai LUMINOR 1950 (I believe) next to it....soooo...there’s equal “hurting of brands” going on.
Well, here I go venturing into the deep end as I've never purchased a Rolex from them. Like some other online sellers, I don't believe Costco's watches come with warranty cards. My guess is this is done to reduce the likelihood of getting their source in trouble with Rolex. I'd venture to say that Costco's warranty out performs Rolex's.

Old 19 November 2017, 02:10 AM   #46
rexG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, here I go venturing into the deep end as I've never purchased a Rolex from them. Like some other online sellers, I don't believe Costco's watches come with warranty cards. My guess is this is done to reduce the likelihood of getting their source in trouble with Rolex. I'd venture to say that Costco's warranty out performs Rolex's.
I can’t be 100% certain about a “Rolex warranty” card. I’ve never purchased a Rolex from Costco either so I can’t say for sure. I was just comparing to Grey market sellers. Perhaps large retailers are more vulnerable legally.
116619LB SMURF
Old 19 November 2017, 02:26 AM   #47
JTL31

I did purchase a Rolex from local Costco; ultimately returned it for different watch @ AD. Yes, I was given grief @ AD re: authenticity etc. Two of three locations in my area regularly get inventory of varied luxury brands. They give their business card explaining policy. No release of books, warranty card or serial #. Return policy is forever... They wrote me a refund check on the spot. Also, consider $ back @ yrs. end w/executive membership.
JTL31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 02:28 AM   #48
ingoodtime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can’t be 100% certain about a “Rolex warranty” card. I’ve never purchased a Rolex from Costco either so I can’t say for sure. I was just comparing to Grey market sellers. Perhaps large retailers are more vulnerable legally.
Well think about it this way. The 116618 is probably about 35000 ftom an AD and you need to ask for a discount. Some buyers will, some wont, some take no for an answer. Some dealers might give 15% some dealers might give 20 some might only say 10. So let's say you get a 20% discount. So that brings the cost of the watch to $28,000 plus tax from the ad. And you get your five year warranty. Now if you bought that same watch from Costco for $26,000 plus tax you would have saved a few thousand dollars. If by chance something were to go wrong with that costco purchased watch in the first 5 years and you send it back to Rolex for repair rather than taking it back to Costco, let's say the repair cost you $1,000 you still saved money and now you have a two year repair warranty from Rolex. To me, it is still a win-win situation.

Lee
Old 19 November 2017, 02:31 AM   #49
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingoodtime View Post
Well think about it this way. The 116618 is probably about 35000 ftom an AD and you need to ask for a discount. Some buyers will, some wont, some take no for an answer. Some dealers might give 15% some dealers might give 20 some might only say 10. So let's say you get a 20% discount. So that brings the cost of the watch to $28,000 plus tax from the ad. And you get your five year warranty. Now if you bought that same watch from Costco for $26,000 plus tax you would have saved a few thousand dollars. If by chance something were to go wrong with that costco purchased watch in the first 5 years and you send it back to Rolex for repair rather than taking it back to Costco, let's say the repair cost you $1,000 you still saved money and now you have a two year repair warranty from Rolex. To me, it is still a win-win situation.
Or give it back to Costco and trust them to get it repaired for you or provide you with a refund, which ever works for you or which ever they'll do.

Old 19 November 2017, 03:30 AM   #50
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Neil, I'd like to see some evidence to that claim. Maybe it's true in the UK as I can't attest to the Costco corporations policies across international borders. I due know that one Costco employee in Oregon fed me a line about a return of a kayak and wouldn't accept it for what ever reason. Later, in a different state at another Costco I was relaying the story and they said it was absolutely against corporate policy to refuse the return. They took it back without so much as a raised eyebrow about the return. Next time I see a Rolex at a Costco (I know there is one a few minutes from where I work which I'm considering buying for my wife's sixtieth birthday) I'll ask. Be careful believing what you hear. It could well be BS.
I was initially amazed that this was the policy on luxury $20K watches a couple of years ago, but then a member here mentioned that loophole had been closed as Costco had wised up to how much they would lose if it was returned in bad condition a few years later. I remember someone saying there was a limit now on price of item or time period of return to save them from great depreciation. Probably best to ask and see but I would think Costco would be fools not to implement this across all stores now.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 03:40 AM   #51
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I was initially amazed that this was the policy on luxury $20K watches a couple of years ago, but then a member here mentioned that loophole had been closed as Costco had wised up to how much they would lose if it was returned in bad condition a few years later. I remember someone saying there was a limit now on price of item or time period of return to save them from great depreciation. Probably best to ask and see but I would think Costco would be fools not to implement this across all stores now.
I'd be very surprised if the policy changed. Here is their policy as stated on their website. I believe the exceptions are clear and don't include watches as an exception regardless of price. As I've said prior, my one an only complaint I've had with Costco was due to an employee who lied about a return. Another Costco clued me in and took care of me. Not every employee at Costco is doing their jobs.

What is Costco's return policy?

On Membership: We will cancel and refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.

On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:

Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days (from the date the member received the merchandise) for Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Major Appliances (refrigerators above 10 cu. ft., freezers, ranges, cooktops, over-the-range microwaves, dishwashers, washers and dryers), Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract).
If you require technical support or warranty assistance for any of the products above, our Costco Concierge Services representatives are available to assist.

Diamonds: 1.00ct or larger: Members returning a diamond over 1.00ct must also present all original paperwork (IGI and/or GIA certificates) at which time they will receive a Jewelry Credit Memo. Within 48 hours, our Costco Graduate Gemologist will inspect for authenticity.
Cigarettes and alcohol: Costco does not accept returns on cigarettes or alcohol where prohibited by law.
Products with a limited useful life expectancy, such as tires and batteries, may be sold with a product-specific limited warranty.
Special Order Kiosk and Custom Installed Programs: Custom product(s) manufactured to our member’s personal and unique specifications cannot be returned or refunded, except for warranty repair/replacement due to failure to meet specifications.

How to Return an Item
Products purchased at a Costco location need to be returned at the returns counter at any Costco warehouse.
Items ordered online can be returned at any Costco warehouse -or- you can initiate a return through Costco.com.

Old 19 November 2017, 04:10 AM   #52
JTL31

Thank you HogwldFLTR for the clarification. I was simply repeating what I was told w/return. I've seen. DJ41's & a RG Sky-Dweller. Given the release date(s) of those watches, an informed buyer should have no qualms about servicing needed. However, I'd ask if a return is possible w/in 5 yr. time frame for any defects. Who knows?
Old 19 November 2017, 04:56 AM   #53
427_Monster
"TRF" Member

This is fitting...

I normally see platinum DDs and two tone DJs/GMTs at my local Costco. Last night, I saw a 26mm Oyster Perpertual and bought it for my wife. Positive experience.

* Fair price (20% off sticker + No sales tax + 2% executive cash back + 2% credit card cash back).

* Watch was fully stickered, and found no hairline scratches even using 10x loupe.

* Manager gave excellent customer service.

* No Rolex card but covered under their satisfaction policy meaning full refund at any time. Confirmed by their manager.

* Wife is happy, I am happy, and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again. Pics to come later.
427_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 04:59 AM   #54
rexG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL31 View Post
Thank you HogwldFLTR for the clarification. I was simply repeating what I was told w/return. I've seen. DJ41's & a RG Sky-Dweller. Given the release date(s) of those watches, an informed buyer should have no qualms about servicing needed. However, I'd ask if a return is possible w/in 5 yr. time frame for any defects. Who knows?
You wouldn’t happen to be in Orange County, Ca?.....because a store out here happens to have a DJ41 and RG Sky dweller ($36k) I’ve found 2 SD in RG at local Costcos.
116619LB SMURF
Old 19 November 2017, 06:21 AM   #55
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Well, the White Gold GMT II BLRO selling at $25900 is a good price for brand new condition. AD are selling them over $30,000 after discount and TS on the forum are selling used ones for around $23000+.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 07:19 AM   #56
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Their site has a gold AP Royal Oak for sale, a diamonded Cartier Tank, and a gold SkyD on leather; after that the next highest watch price is $240 (approx.).

Old 19 November 2017, 07:26 AM   #57
Dr.Smellody
"TRF" Member

Costco is the best. I would have no question buying a Rolwx from Costco. I've bought a couple Omega there without problem.

If I ever buy another new car it will be from Costco too.
Dr.Smellody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 07:48 AM   #58
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
I'd be very surprised if the policy changed. Here is their policy as stated on their website. I believe the exceptions are clear and don't include watches as an exception regardless of price. As I've said prior, my one an only complaint I've had with Costco was due to an employee who lied about a return. Another Costco clued me in and took care of me. Not every employee at Costco is doing their jobs.

What is Costco's return policy?

On Membership: We will cancel and refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.

On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:

Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days (from the date the member received the merchandise) for Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Major Appliances (refrigerators above 10 cu. ft., freezers, ranges, cooktops, over-the-range microwaves, dishwashers, washers and dryers), Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract).
If you require technical support or warranty assistance for any of the products above, our Costco Concierge Services representatives are available to assist.

Diamonds: 1.00ct or larger: Members returning a diamond over 1.00ct must also present all original paperwork (IGI and/or GIA certificates) at which time they will receive a Jewelry Credit Memo. Within 48 hours, our Costco Graduate Gemologist will inspect for authenticity.
Cigarettes and alcohol: Costco does not accept returns on cigarettes or alcohol where prohibited by law.
Products with a limited useful life expectancy, such as tires and batteries, may be sold with a product-specific limited warranty.
Special Order Kiosk and Custom Installed Programs: Custom product(s) manufactured to our member’s personal and unique specifications cannot be returned or refunded, except for warranty repair/replacement due to failure to meet specifications.

How to Return an Item
Products purchased at a Costco location need to be returned at the returns counter at any Costco warehouse.
Items ordered online can be returned at any Costco warehouse -or- you can initiate a return through Costco.com.
You get the 90 days with Rolexes was my understanding. Looking at the diamonds there may even be an inspection as well. I would only buy on this basis, anything else and you are taking a punt.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 09:45 AM   #59
JTL31

Costolex

Quote:
You wouldn’t happen to be in Orange County, Ca?.....because a store out here happens to have a DJ41 and RG Sky dweller ($36k) I’ve found 2 SD in RG at local Costcos.
I wish! 20 degrees & windy in Mpls today.
Spotted a SS/RG Sundust dial fluted/jubilee a few hrs. ago.
Half the metro area was there buying their turkeys. Lol
Old 19 November 2017, 10:06 AM   #60
BreezyMan
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX DJ 1603
You guys are tripping yes they do have broken watches they do not set time or date at Costco it’s not until the customers get it that they find out hey the date wheel is broken. You guys don’t know me so don’t say I just made it up. I’m very close to someone who works at a ad and not because I buy watches from him I know him in the outside world. He says breitling as well come with broken date wheels. Don’t shoot the messager that’s deplorable #makeTheRolexForumsGreatAgain
BreezyMan is offline   Reply With Quote