The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 21 August 2017, 01:35 AM   #1
tomvox1
2024 Pledge Member

SUPER SALE: Vintage 1960s PINK Gold Cap Omega C-Shape Constellation on Bracelet

Now on SUPER SALE sale for August!

Up for sale from my personal collection is this beautiful and uncommon circa 1966 Omega Constellation ref. 168.017 in Pink Gold cap with original long pink plated brick-link bracelet and lovely original non-luminous dial & hands. This wonderful C-shape model has the benefit of everything matching correctly: solid 14k pink gold smooth bezel, correct pink crown, solid pink gold Observatory medallion on the back, pink dial furniture and even a pink tension ring on the Omega-signed acrylic crystal! Accompanied by its exceedingly rare and handsomely apropos pink plated ref. 1507 brick link bracelet this is a very special Connie for the sophisticated collector -- male or female, as these C-shape Connies also look super sexy on a lady's wrist — and all at a price that won’t break the bank. The watch as a whole is in Excellent vintage condition and the highly regarded caliber 561 Chronometer movement was serviced in September of last year. It is running like a champ and I am going to guarantee it for 6-months for all normal, non-abusive use.

This elite example of classic Omega Constellation is now on SUPER SALE for an incredible $1,385 USD OBRO, which includes fully insured worldwide shipping. Bank Wire always preferred but Paypal is also OK on this watch with split fees (+2% to the buyer). Other payment options upon application. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

CASE, BEZEL & CASEBACK: Classic mid-1960s sweeping C-shape case in 14k pink gold cap measures an elegant 35mm wide x 40mm long. The case appears to have been lightly re-brushed in the past but the original chamfers are still visible. There are some minor marks form the years and just some slight wear to the plating at the very pointed tips of the top lugs, something that is barely noticeable with the naked eye. Excellent vintage condition for the capped top case. The smooth solid pink gold bezel itself does not appear particularly polished and has only some minor marks —likewise Excellent condition. The outer caseback has a few scuffs and minor tool marks but the famous Observatory logo in 14k PG is super crisp and nicely textured — Excellent+ condition for the external caseback. The inner back shows only minimal superficial spots of corrosion to the lip and bares the uncommon reference CE 168.017 (the CE prefix denoting pink cap), the case maker’s “KB” signature and all the other correct period nomenclature. It screws down smoothly and tightly just as these water resistant well engineered screw-back cases were designed.

DIAL & HANDS: Lovely original pearlescent silver dial featuring hand-riveted pink gold faceted bar markers with black inlay, pink applied Omega logo, Connie star and faceted date window frame. This is a non-luminous dial with hands to match and so it is not signed “T” for Tritium next to SWISS MADE. Featuring its original black printing, the dial has some slight signs of aging to its edges and one or two other small spots — Excellent original condition. The non-luminous thin black stick-style hands and pink gold baton sweep seconds are Near Mint with only minor signs of age. I am big fan of this elegantly slim, almost minimalist dial and hands combo and I think once you strap it on you will be, too.

CROWN: Model-correct (I believe) signed Omega knurled pink gold-plated winding crown is Excellent +. The crown winds and pulls out to the time-setting position as it should.

CRYSTAL: Low-domed Hesalite crystal with Omega symbol in the center is in Excellent condition with some older marks/scratches. This crystal even has a pink tension ring, a hard-to-find and very nice model-correct touch.

MOVEMENT: Under the hood is Omega’s legendary 24-Jewel caliber 561 full rotor auto movement adjusted to 5 positions and temperature with semi-quickset date. The 24.5 million movement serial number dates this Connie to circa 1966. Looking very clean, this 561 retains its nice bright copper finish and bridges and rotor seem to match perfectly. Additionally, the movement was fully serviced last September and so I am guaranteeing it for 6 months of normal, non-abusive use.

BRACELET: This great Connie comes on its matching ref. 1507 20 micron pink gold plated Stainless Steel brick link bracelet with correct “18” end links. While there is some wear and loss of plating to the underside the visible top part of the bracelet is bright with no real loss of plating. There are superficial scratches to the bracelet and the pink plated signed deployant buckle but all is still very tight and the clasp closes crisply — Excellent vintage condition for a 50-year old plated bracelet. While the bracelet is currently sized for a maximum of about 7 1/2 inches I am including additional links that will bring the length up to approximately 8 inches, perhaps even a bit longer. The links on this bracelet feature miniature spring bars and are quite easy to remove or add. This watch has a 19mm lug width.

As a matter of policy I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form.

This great Vintage Omega Constellation is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com
tomvox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2017, 02:01 PM   #2
tomvox1
2024 Pledge Member

Bump
tomvox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2017, 01:06 AM   #3
tomvox1
2024 Pledge Member