The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 September 2022, 08:59 AM   #1
www777
"TRF" Member

GO seaq panorama date

Any thoughts on this. I know it isn’t collectible but I’m interested. How does this compare to Rolex, omega, and other divers?
www777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 09:12 AM   #2
ChaseATX
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5270g
Proud owner of the green one.

I feel it punches above most in its class.

The strap on it really makes it that much better as well.

ChaseATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 09:19 AM   #3
Jerrocop
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 39, SeaQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by www777 View Post
Any thoughts on this. I know it isn’t collectible but I’m interested. How does this compare to Rolex, omega, and other divers?
I'll jump in first.

Firstly, I think it's destined to be very collectible. There's quite a few SeaQ fans on TRF (and other Glashutte references). I own Rolex, JLC, Breitling, Tudor and in my opinion, the build and craftsmanship is better than any of those. I compare it to VC and say they're almost at that level.

The sunburst dial on the black and the blue are stunning. The bracelet is solid and very well constructed, and it looks great on so many straps. The movement is well finished as are the case and bezel. I really can't say anything negative. I thought the thickness would be an issue but it isn't.
Jerrocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 09:23 AM   #4
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I really like GO, great looking watches
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 10:32 AM   #5
soho
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
The Glashütte Original Thread - Including Pics
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

You should peruse this thread. Lots of SeaQ love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
soho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 12:01 AM   #6
cotway
Banned

Watch: Zeitwerk Date
I had a blue SeaQ Panorama Date a few years ago but could not get over the size and thickness. I have a 7.25" wrist and could not get over the size and thickness. I agree with what everyone says about the finishing and quality (it was also very accurate with keeping the time). The bracelet is fantastic; I loved the ability to use the micro-adjustment - it works a lot better than the Rolex Sub and GMT extensions, you don't have to take off the watch to adjust it. I have a 39.5mm SeaQ that I wear all the time and absolutely love it! My only two gripes with the 39.5mm version are the case back - not an exhibition and wish it had the large pano date. If you can pull off the size (diameter and thickness) then go for it. I think it is a refreshing option for a Rolex Sub. I have been eyeballing a Seventies Chrono Date from GO...big fan of GO!
cotway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 01:14 AM   #7
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
I know it isn’t collectible
How do you know this?
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 05:53 AM   #8
www777
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseATX View Post
Proud owner of the green one.

I feel it punches above most in its class.

The strap on it really makes it that much better as well.

How do you like that band? Can you swim with it?
Old 13 September 2022, 06:19 AM   #9
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
I have the SeaQ 39.5. If my wrist weren't so small, I would've picked up the Panorama Date. I think it is a step above Rolex. 100 power reserve, much better glidelock clasp, well decorated movement and a beautiful dials (especially the blue). I recommend getting it on the bracelet and adding a strap if you want.
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 06:42 AM   #10
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotway View Post
I had a blue SeaQ Panorama Date a few years ago but could not get over the size and thickness. I have a 7.25" wrist and could not get over the size and thickness. I agree with what everyone says about the finishing and quality (it was also very accurate with keeping the time). The bracelet is fantastic; I loved the ability to use the micro-adjustment - it works a lot better than the Rolex Sub and GMT extensions, you don't have to take off the watch to adjust it. I have a 39.5mm SeaQ that I wear all the time and absolutely love it! My only two gripes with the 39.5mm version are the case back - not an exhibition and wish it had the large pano date. If you can pull off the size (diameter and thickness) then go for it. I think it is a refreshing option for a Rolex Sub. I have been eyeballing a Seventies Chrono Date from GO...big fan of GO!
I have the GO Seventies Chrono. If you don't like the thickness of the SeaQ Panorama Date, you will not like the Seventies Chrono.

I don't mind the thickness of either watch at all, and the SeaQ Panorama date is very much in my crosshairs, but not all people feel the same.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 06:44 AM   #11
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
How do you know this?
I'm guessing he means it's not a limited edition, and it's not an exceedingly rare or highly desirable watch from an "investment" point of view.

Not going to get into why "investment" watches is the wrong angle to approach this, but just my guess.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 06:58 AM   #12
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotway View Post
7.25 and it still felt too big? I do think the 39.5 is the sweet spot but wish it had the better movement from the 43.2
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 08:04 AM   #13
www777
"TRF" Member

I really like this. What color combos do you all like? I normally don’t like bi color but the they have is really interesting and adds a retro look. But it doesn’t come on a bracelet. The rubber and fabric straps looks good. Will the fabric wear well if you are swimming and working out with it or do you need the rubber or bracelet. Of the SS ones all look nice. Is the green subtle so it looks black at some angles or is it pretty bright. Are they all starburst dials or only the green and blue? Thanks
Old 13 September 2022, 01:36 PM   #14
Max7857
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AK EXP II SeaQ
Quote:
I really like this. What color combos do you all like? I normally don’t like bi color but the they have is really interesting and adds a retro look. But it doesn’t come on a bracelet. The rubber and fabric straps looks good. Will the fabric wear well if you are swimming and working out with it or do you need the rubber or bracelet. Of the SS ones all look nice. Is the green subtle so it looks black at some angles or is it pretty bright. Are they all starburst dials or only the green and blue? Thanks
I have the bi color and really like it. I bought it about 3-4 months ago and it has pretty much become my daily wearer. Regarding the fabric strap I go swimming with the watch on 2-3 times per week. When I exit the pool or hot tub I give it a quick rinse to remove the chlorine and wipe it off with my towel. It dries quickly and shows zero signs of wear. It is extremely comfortable even in the hot humid Florida summers.

Last edited by Max7857; 13 September 2022 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Max7857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2022, 02:12 AM   #15
59_Burst
"TRF" Member

I have the bi metal and the green- Overall appearance and fit and finish seem higher to me than my Rolexes- and people who comment on them seem to agree. The fabric strap is some sort of synthetic material that wears like iron- would not be afraid to swim with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GOGRN08.jpg (131.7 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg GO24.jpg (117.9 KB, 119 views)
59_Burst is offline   Reply With Quote