The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 5 December 2023, 05:04 PM   #61
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Time to start enjoying it
Old 6 December 2023, 01:27 PM   #62
painexpert
2024 Pledge Member

I wouldn't send it to Rolex.I would send the watch back for a full refund and let them worry about it.
painexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2023, 11:25 AM   #63
msnow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by painexpert View Post
I wouldn't send it to Rolex.I would send the watch back for a full refund and let them worry about it.

They won’t take it back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
msnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2023, 11:11 AM   #64
Philadelphialawyer1
"TRF" Member

Every state has consumer protection statutes with provisions for attorney's fees, costs and treble damages. Nothing gets the sweat running down the crack of someone's ass in this situation like a demand letter from an attorney with a (10) business day turnaround.
Philadelphialawyer1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 06:02 PM   #65
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
I’ve seen sticker kits being sold online, so I don’t think “still has stickers” has much meaning anymore.
I feel it's a special way of stickering from Rolex, not the same as the commercial ones or the fake watches especially on the steel Daytona. Look at the stickers on the lugs on an original stickered steel Daytona. Even copy one never comes this way as a three part sticker.
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 06:06 PM   #66
APPRF
"TRF" Member

I wonder about the card though, do the fake watches cards transfer to Rolex site the same as the original ones? Anyone here knows for a fact.
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 09:45 PM   #67
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Pissed! Collectors Watches 1946 Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPRF View Post
I feel it's a special way of stickering from Rolex, not the same as the commercial ones or the fake watches especially on the steel Daytona. Look at the stickers on the lugs on an original stickered steel Daytona. Even copy one never comes this way as a three part sticker.
Mine had case stickers from factory. I've bought dozens of Rolex and my SA always lets me peel myself included my last 2 Daytonas from the AD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPRF View Post
I wonder about the card though, do the fake watches cards transfer to Rolex site the same as the original ones? Anyone here knows for a fact.
To be clear my watch is not a fake watch. The bracelet had some touch ups and the movement had two sticks of dial ink on it from some fat fingered amateur watchmaker/authenticator (per Rolex).

Rolex is servicing it for free now.

The nearfield scan is just a web address for Rolex website. Anybody can program that so I'd assume so.
Old 13 December 2023, 01:52 AM   #68
ErichKeane
"TRF" Member

On this topic, ebay actually saved this guy from Collectors: https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/com..._just_save_me/

In the comments he says he got it from Collectors' ebay page, but just look at the difference in the photos! They tried to claim the ebay authenticators are using 'bad light' (read, just normal lights) and not their super diffused light from their photos.
ErichKeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 02:09 AM   #69
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichKeane View Post
On this topic, ebay actually saved this guy from Collectors: https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/com..._just_save_me/

In the comments he says he got it from Collectors' ebay page, but just look at the difference in the photos! They tried to claim the ebay authenticators are using 'bad light' (read, just normal lights) and not their super diffused light from their photos.

Yeah the authenticators at Stoll are excellent and near me. They don't let sht slide.

They likely would have caught the bracelet brushing on mine but I would have also paid $2300 more for the watch through eBay which would be a wash with what RSC is charging for new bracelet and dial.
Old 13 December 2023, 02:13 AM   #70
ErichKeane
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Yeah the authenticators at Stoll are excellent and near me. They don't let sht slide.

They likely would have caught the bracelet brushing on mine but I would have also paid $2300 more for the watch through eBay which would be a wash with what RSC is charging for new bracelet and dial.
Yeah, I had a great experience buying my Speedmaster Pro this summer (my first >$500 watch) through ebay that got sent to them. Despite the flak they catch on my forums, it was VERY reassuring to buy through them with my lack of knowledge. I've since learned enough to be comfortable searching elsewhere, but their value-add is huge.
Old 19 December 2023, 07:57 PM   #71
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch is done and in FedEx now.
Old 21 December 2023, 09:34 AM   #72
illiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Watch is done and in FedEx now.
Please report back how you feel getting back from RSC! I would still be livid!!!
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 10:52 AM   #73
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiguy View Post
Please report back how you feel getting back from RSC! I would still be livid!!!

Dial is perfect now. Bracelet is brand new.... but RSC banged it up pretty bad and the hands aren't straight.

After several emails back and forth they are lying about initial condition saying I had all these tool gouges on the case back (it was a fully stickered Daytona case that louped clean when I got it), refusing to produce intake photos, and won't even send me a shipping label. They want me to pay shipping again to return it for evaluation with their management. I showed the pics to Bas and he confirmed it's unacceptable and needs to be sorted out.

I think it's highly likely Dallas made up the movement contamination story so they could charge me for the dial and void my warranty. Shame on me for telling them I wasn't the AD buyer. Never tell them that. They don't know.

So both Collectors and myself are on the losing end of this and the crown makes off with more money.

At this point I don't think Rolex is a reputable brand to deal with and will be offloading my 4 higher value pieces.

Collectors has offered me above market value to buy it back knowing its current condition and kindly said I told you so about Rolex quality control.

Feeling pretty awful in general right now.

I no longer think this thread should be considered a mark against Collectors but rather Rolex quality control.
Old 22 December 2023, 05:59 AM   #74
Dom9
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD16600 & 9411
What a thoroughly dreadful experience! Sorry OP!
Old 22 December 2023, 06:04 AM   #75
S’portEye
"TRF" Member

Very sorry to hear about your experience. Just terrible all around.
S’portEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 06:11 AM   #76
Watchmanaz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610 Submariner
I hope it works out for you. I purchased a submariner on grey and it stopped working 3 days into ownership. My seller took it back had it serviced and sent back to me without a hassle or charge. So there are some great grey sellers just have to get the right o
I will pay a few more $$$ from a forum trusted seller over anything else!
Watchmanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 07:03 AM   #77
S’portEye
"TRF" Member

As an aside, if you had to do it all over again, would you just have accepted the watch as you originally purchased it? Is perfect the enemy of good type of thing. Genuinely interested in your response.
S’portEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 07:25 AM   #78
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S’portEye View Post
As an aside, if you had to do it all over again, would you just have accepted the watch as you originally purchased it? Is perfect the enemy of good type of thing. Genuinely interested in your response.

1. I will use a checklist to go over the watch with loupe thoroughly and return immediately upon any finding.

2. I will never use a Rolex service center again. They have 100% been proven to be liars via photographic evidence.
Old 22 December 2023, 08:23 AM   #79
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

On a side note, the Dallas Rolex Service Center is amateur hour btw…how can I say such a thing? After watching them literally destroy my platinum Daytona and Platinum date-date…I made the mistake of sending both at the same time. Pathetic…my AD ended up cleaning up the mess because he felt so bad with new watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 08:26 AM   #80
ExplorerI
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I
What a mess.
ExplorerI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 08:41 AM   #81
illiguy

Just horrible.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 09:05 AM   #82
thephillywatches
2024 Pledge Member

WOW sorry to hear for the OP. Please keep us informed of the outcome.
thephillywatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 09:09 AM   #83
ErichKeane
"TRF" Member

OOof, its crap like this that makes me roll my eyes every time I hear someone suggest using the RSC. I've seen enough of these horror stories that I won't be using them for any of my watches that are out of warranty (and thanks to this, probably not even then!). I'm glad I have a good local watchsmith I can use instead. It might cost me a little more on a per-service basis, but knowing I have a good, honest, watchmaker working on it rather than the RSC is worth it.

That said, Collectors didn't come out of this smelling like roses either, both they and the RSC look bad, its just the RSC looks worse.
Old 27 December 2023, 11:53 AM   #84
msnow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichKeane View Post
OOof, its crap like this that makes me roll my eyes every time I hear someone suggest using the RSC. I've seen enough of these horror stories that I won't be using them for any of my watches that are out of warranty (and thanks to this, probably not even then!). I'm glad I have a good local watchsmith I can use instead. It might cost me a little more on a per-service basis, but knowing I have a good, honest, watchmaker working on it rather than the RSC is worth it.

That said, Collectors didn't come out of this smelling like roses either, both they and the RSC look bad, its just the RSC looks worse.

My AD inspects and documents the condition of my Rolexes and I get a copy before he ships them to the RSC. In 25 years I’ve always had first class and satisfaction guaranteed workmanship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
msnow is offline   Reply With Quote