The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 September 2019, 10:50 PM   #181
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemondo View Post
I will do a separate incoming thread, but here are some quick initial shots of the amazing Pride of Germany! I believe I might have been the first person to receive this, or at least one of the first few. Many thanks to AP’s A++ customer service. It is the most beautiful offshore I’ve seen. Great contrast, and the rose gold keeps things interesting. Certainly a well designed LE. I don’t know how to post a video via Tapatalk so unfortunately can’t post the wristroll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
That looks absolutely amazing. Massive congratulations!!

I am very jealous (and am kicking myself for not getting on the list for one of these)
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 12:23 AM   #182
wiswrist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I will do a separate incoming thread, but here are some quick initial shots of the amazing Pride of Germany! I believe I might have been the first person to receive this, or at least one of the first few. Many thanks to AP’s A++ customer service. It is the most beautiful offshore I’ve seen. Great contrast, and the rose gold keeps things interesting. Certainly a well designed LE. I don’t know how to post a video via Tapatalk so unfortunately can’t post the wristroll.
Congrats, Raemondo! It looks absolutely fantastic!
Old 22 September 2019, 03:50 AM   #183
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Quote:
Massive congratulations Raemondo! Makes me even more antsy to fly over and collect mine. Looks fantastic on you. Is the sequence out of 300 engraved anywhere or does it just say limited to 300 pieces on the watch itself?

Have to be back home in Chicago all of next week and hopefully on to Munich the week after! Who did you end up working with at the AP House there?
Old 22 September 2019, 05:08 AM   #184
ufboy73
Banned

The boutique has confirmed they can ship my watch out of country, though they say i will have to cover large tax bill (and that it would be cheaper to fly and pick up in person)....but dont i pay the same tax amount once i hit customs and declare the watch anyway?

Or perhaps they are implying i wouldn’t declare it or something...either way, if do it ‘right’ there are no differences in taxes in shipping vs an in-person pickup right?
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 07:19 AM   #185
Jp28
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufboy73 View Post
The boutique has confirmed they can ship my watch out of country, though they say i will have to cover large tax bill (and that it would be cheaper to fly and pick up in person)....but dont i pay the same tax amount once i hit customs and declare the watch anyway?

Or perhaps they are implying i wouldn’t declare it or something...either way, if do it ‘right’ there are no differences in taxes in shipping vs an in-person pickup right?
Yes should be the same taxes once it gets to customs. There may be an admin fee on top.

Congrats on the watch. I had a long look at them when they were first announced.
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 11:39 AM   #186
F430Spider
"TRF" Member

Watch: RM + Patek
sharp
F430Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 02:35 PM   #187
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Have it shipped to me in Hong Kong ex-vat to hold for you. No import tax in HK.
Old 22 September 2019, 02:36 PM   #188
ericksakti
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Have it shipped to me in Hong Kong ex-vat to hold for you. No import tax in HK.
yes, shipping to HK would be the best option! sadly watch is not available.. T_T , is there any way to ask AP how to get this watch, really interested in the ceramic model but tried calling both boutiques and they said demand has increased a lot since they posted it on instagram, even though I have emailed them one month ago. Really kicking myself now for taking too long to get approval from my wife..
ericksakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 10:44 PM   #189
Raemondo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Looks great in this shot. Although the dial is a bit too grey for my taste.. but I think I can get use to it. The RG accents give the Ceramic 44 a fresher look. Great to see there's a special engraving on the rotor, add more character to this LE.
Yes the RG makes it really fresh for sure. It’s different, I don’t think I’ve seen another offshore model with those accents esoecislly on the plots. The engraving makes it special. I also have another grey offshore, the 26400IO, and I think this grey is more subtle and “works” better. In comparing, this grey seems to be a slight but darker but I’ll have to check again in the sun. Hope you get yours soon!
Raemondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 10:50 PM   #190
Raemondo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F430Spider View Post
sharp
Quote:
Originally Posted by rac10000 View Post
Congrats, Raemondo! It looks absolutely fantastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
That looks absolutely amazing. Massive congratulations!!

I am very jealous (and am kicking myself for not getting on the list for one of these)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
That is Gorgeous!
Quote:
Congrats looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericksakti View Post
congrats!! really like the watch but the boutique still cannot give any confirmation to me, sad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Congratulations!!

Fantastic pics and they really show off the watch. I'm even more excited to receive mine now!

Thanks all! I promise to post more pictures soon. Yes I didn’t understand why demand for this watch wasn’t stronger initially but OP mentioned it was a stealth release until now. It’s a stunner!
Old 22 September 2019, 10:56 PM   #191
Raemondo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufboy73 View Post

Germany’s VAT refund rate is 19%, which is higher than some other EU countries.

Yes you will pay tax once you hit customs but all in you will still save a little. I would NOT recommend not declaring...the customs police are pros and the penalties can be up to 10x the original tax amount. Not worth the hassle.
Old 22 September 2019, 10:59 PM   #192
Raemondo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
Massive congratulations Raemondo! Makes me even more antsy to fly over and collect mine. Looks fantastic on you. Is the sequence out of 300 engraved anywhere or does it just say limited to 300 pieces on the watch itself?

Have to be back home in Chicago all of next week and hopefully on to Munich the week after! Who did you end up working with at the AP House there?

Thanks! AP has stopped putting the actual # on the watch as everyone wants #1 or #lastone. It just says limited to 300 on this watch per my pic.

I worked with Martin as Patrice was on vacation. Martin is very knowledgeable and went above and beyond to deliver me the watch while I was there on vacation.

Munich is beautiful, you will coincide with Oktoberfest! I live in Chicago, DM me.
Old 23 September 2019, 04:58 AM   #193
Uros
"TRF" Member

Looks great! Glad to hear you had good experience in AP house Munich!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 06:34 AM   #194
ufboy73
Banned

Quote:
Germany’s VAT refund rate is 19%, which is higher than some other EU countries.

Yes you will pay tax once you hit customs but all in you will still save a little. I would NOT recommend not declaring...the customs police are pros and the penalties can be up to 10x the original tax amount. Not worth the hassle.
No, i know - i am going to 100% declare anything...just wanted to confirm whether it is shipped or declared at the airport, its the same import duties
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 01:36 PM   #195
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks! AP has stopped putting the actual # on the watch as everyone wants #1 or #lastone. It just says limited to 300 on this watch per my pic.

I worked with Martin as Patrice was on vacation. Martin is very knowledgeable and went above and beyond to deliver me the watch while I was there on vacation.

Munich is beautiful, you will coincide with Oktoberfest! I live in Chicago, DM me.
Martin is the man! Been fantastic to deal with especially from this side of the planet. Going to be downtown all week - will shoot you a DM now.
Old 25 September 2019, 11:21 PM   #196
ericksakti
"TRF" Member

hi guys, good news, the boutique managed to allocate one to me. So I will get this watch after all.

One question I want to ask, any of you guys going to get this watch shipped? Because it will be quite hard for me to fly to frankfurt and the boutique seemed quite hesitant to ship it overseas.

Also, If I ship to HK there should not be any tax right? considering HK is tax free or is there any import fee to HK?
Old 26 September 2019, 12:39 AM   #197
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
hi guys, good news, the boutique managed to allocate one to me. So I will get this watch after all.

One question I want to ask, any of you guys going to get this watch shipped? Because it will be quite hard for me to fly to frankfurt and the boutique seemed quite hesitant to ship it overseas.

Also, If I ship to HK there should not be any tax right? considering HK is tax free or is there any import fee to HK?
No import duty into HK. Are you a client of AP HK?
Old 26 September 2019, 01:57 AM   #198
ericksakti
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No import duty into HK. Are you a client of AP HK?
I see, no unfortunately I have only bought from AP singapore because Im based in Indonesia.. Any chance they can ship the watch to the boutique in HK? haha
Old 26 September 2019, 08:48 AM   #199
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I see, no unfortunately I have only bought from AP singapore because Im based in Indonesia.. Any chance they can ship the watch to the boutique in HK? haha
It does no harm to ask. They are helping me out but I am an existing client of theirs.
Old 26 September 2019, 10:39 AM   #200
v8plus4
"TRF" Member

Watch: it's complicated
Quote:
It does no harm to ask. They are helping me out but I am an existing client of theirs.
Roger, when do you expect to receive yours? I'm looking forward to seeing the RG version.

JD
v8plus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 12:28 PM   #201
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8plus4 View Post
Roger, when do you expect to receive yours? I'm looking forward to seeing the RG version.

JD
They said November.
Old 26 September 2019, 12:36 PM   #202
ericksakti
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They said November.
Roger, if I may ask, which boutique you are getting the PoG from? The Munich or frankfurt
Old 26 September 2019, 09:01 PM   #203
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Roger, if I may ask, which boutique you are getting the PoG from? The Munich or frankfurt
Neither. Via HQ.
Old 27 September 2019, 12:29 PM   #204
ericksakti
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Neither. Via HQ.
really amazing haha
Old 27 September 2019, 04:37 PM   #205
conkers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
really amazing haha
They look after me exceptionally well!
Old 29 September 2019, 01:48 AM   #206
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Had a chance to grab a drink with Raemondo while back home in Chicago this week - gorgeous watch in person and did nothing to scratch the itch while I'm still waiting to book my trip to Munich to collect!

He was kind enough to let me try it on while we chatted (you'll have to excuse the poor photo / terrible lighting) - can just see him trying on my 44RG in the backdrop as well.

Was an excellent host and look forward to catching up with him when he's on my coast here soon. Should have my PoG on the wrist by then too. Thanks again Ray!
Old 29 September 2019, 01:36 PM   #207
wiswrist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Had a chance to grab a drink with Raemondo while back home in Chicago this week - gorgeous watch in person and did nothing to scratch the itch while I'm still waiting to book my trip to Munich to collect!

He was kind enough to let me try it on while we chatted (you'll have to excuse the poor photo / terrible lighting) - can just see him trying on my 44RG in the backdrop as well.

Was an excellent host and look forward to catching up with him when he's on my coast here soon. Should have my PoG on the wrist by then too. Thanks again Ray!
That's awesome, Eric! The watch looks great (even in the low-res photo ).
Old 2 October 2019, 07:58 AM   #208
Raemondo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Great hanging out! Your RG44 is so awesome. Enjoy Munich and your PoG, and see you in a few months in LA!
Old 2 October 2019, 08:00 AM   #209
Raemondo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac10000 View Post
That's awesome, Eric! The watch looks great (even in the low-res photo ).
Thanks! Hope you get yours soon!
Old 3 October 2019, 06:16 AM   #210
wiswrist
2024 Pledge Member

First one to hit Chrono24 (I think) ... LINK