The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 March 2021, 11:33 AM   #1
rolex16
Banned

15500 date issue

All, I noticed over the weekend that my new 15500 has a weird date issue. Around 510pm, it starts to shift up like it is gradually changing. It does this until about 640pm and only gets about a quarter through the change if that. Then, it seems to go back to normal. Saturday afternoon I noticed the issue and advanced the hands slightly and the date clicked back into the correct position in full and was fine afterwards. Last night, around 530, it happened again and I tried cycling the date wheel and it moved fine. I cycled the hands and the issue did not appear and it flipped at midnight like it should. Tonight, I let it run and it did what I described above. Everything else seems fine and the watch is super accurate.

Does anyone know what this might be? I just got the watch on Friday and I don’t want to send in already. The issue is minor and as long as it does not risk damaging anything, I am inclined to leave it until a service.
rolex16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2021, 12:11 PM   #2
peterpl
Banned

Send it back. It should not be like this especially a brand new 15500.

Its under warranty anyway. If you leave it you will continuously think about it and it will take away from the enjoyment of actually wearing the watch.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2021, 02:02 PM   #3
Spin27
"TRF" Member

I agree with sending it back. I’m sure someone more educated on the 4302 date wheel operation will be able to give some possible causes, but this is def not normal and who knows what lingering effects this could cause if not corrected early.
Spin27 is offline   Reply With Quote