The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 20 September 2020, 07:26 AM   #1
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

White Seamaster 300M over Blue? How hard to change straps?

Hi Everyone,

I'm convinced by another thread here to hold off on the NTTD Seamaster. But, still have the bit in my teeth. Was talking to an AD. Am thinking of the White Seamaster 300M over the blue - but am not solid on the decision yet. Any pics comparing the two? Thoughts from those of you that own both?

Also - if I get a white face on a bracelet and also get the strap - how hard is it to swap between the two. Am kinda clumsy.

Thx!
WatchThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 09:39 AM   #2
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

I have both, blue on ss bracelet and white with a black bazel on a black rubber strap. I love them both equally and sometimes I say I like blue one more but the very next day the white one,��
Both are great watches and you can’t go wrong with either one. I think the white one is little more sportier as an every day watch.
What ever you choose to ho with good luck!
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 09:41 AM   #3
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

I thought I’d post some pictures but I don’t know how ����*♂️
Old 20 September 2020, 09:45 AM   #4
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Here are some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 246B4914-2463-44E5-84EF-2DB478CA942B.jpeg (87.0 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpeg AFAE27F7-8EAF-4EB8-855E-4CE35EAFA7B8.jpeg (100.1 KB, 247 views)
Old 20 September 2020, 10:48 AM   #5
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Get the one that speaks to you and a well made spring bar tool. You'll learn quickly how to change the bracelet/strap.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 08:54 PM   #6
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonovox View Post
Get the one that speaks to you and a well made spring bar tool. You'll learn quickly how to change the bracelet/strap.
This - it’s pretty straightforward once you know how. I do on my watches all the time. A Bergeron strap tool should be about 15 quid. You can go for the tweezers, but I’ve always found one side at a time easier.

As for which one, I don’t particularly like white dialed watches as find them quite stark. I prefer the blue in this case but you should see which one sings to you and have an idea what you will wear it for. That should enable you to make a decision.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 09:27 PM   #7
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I don't think you can go wrong with either but my preference at the moment is the white dial. Changing the bracelet out for NATO's or other straps other than the OEM Rubber Strap is not bad. The OEM Rubber is more difficult as it is molded, if that is the right word, and it has to sit a certain way before you can get the spring bars to attach. It can be done but is not easy, I know. Good luck.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 10:59 PM   #8
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
If you like blue I don't know that it gets any better than a blue SMP 300M on the blue stap. It is amazing looking.

For me personally the while is the one I'm after. I already have two blue watches and i think the white SMP may be the best looking watch out there right now. I much prefer it over rather Daytona. That black bezel and strap look incredible with the white dial

So really a case of can't go wrong with either. I think the blue is maybe more beautiful but the white is more distinctive. All depends on whats already in your collection.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 10:41 AM   #9
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
If you like blue I don't know that it gets any better than a blue SMP 300M on the blue stap. It is amazing looking.

For me personally the while is the one I'm after. I already have two blue watches and i think the white SMP may be the best looking watch out there right now. I much prefer it over rather Daytona. That black bezel and strap look incredible with the white dial

So really a case of can't go wrong with either. I think the blue is maybe more beautiful but the white is more distinctive. All depends on whats already in your collection.

As an aside, I agree with you about the Daytona. It's just never bitten me. I have a Speedy - so I feel pretty set for Chronos. I would be happy with an ExpII with a white face as well - though I'm off the Explorer line for a few months. I'm thinking it is a sure bet they get a 2021 upgrade. Maybe if I spent more time with it in my hand....
WatchThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 05:58 PM   #10
TimeBoxed
"TRF" Member

I have the white SMP 300M and love it. I initially wanted to purchase a white dial Explorer 2, but now that I have the Omega I know I made the right choice. Now when I look at an Explorer 2, it just looks too washed out. Glad I took the Omega route.

I will be adding the SMP 300M “Nekton Edition” to my collection at a later date. Might be worth checking out.
TimeBoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 10:19 PM   #11
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThinker View Post
As an aside, I agree with you about the Daytona. It's just never bitten me. I have a Speedy - so I feel pretty set for Chronos. I would be happy with an ExpII with a white face as well - though I'm off the Explorer line for a few months. I'm thinking it is a sure bet they get a 2021 upgrade. Maybe if I spent more time with it in my hand....
I like the Explorer II but don't love it. I think the stainless steel bezel is the part that bothers me. Nothing wrong with it but it lacks the "pop" of the ceramic black bezel on the SMP.

My issue with the Daytona is its size. Just wears too small for my liking. I also really like having a date on all my watches. The white SMP is every bit as striking as the Daytona, more-so even with the black strap. And yes it has a date function, which I really love now that it's at the six position. Beautiful watch. 42mm is close to perfect for me.

I'm just waiting for the Snoopy release. If that doesn't knock my socks off I will probably be picking up a white Seamaster!

samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote