The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 June 2021, 12:42 AM   #31
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiguy View Post
Would the hole positioning inside the clasp of an Easylink affect sizing of the watch when the extension is NOT deployed? In other words, if I moved to the “longest” hole position within the clasp using a tool, and I had the Easylink closed, would the bracelet wear a touch longer to accommodate more slack?
Anyone know?
illiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2021, 12:45 AM   #32
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Anyone know?
Yes I believe so.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
djyolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2021, 01:40 AM   #33
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
I honestly never understood easy link. 5mm is way too much for 99.99% of wrists.
Nothing compares to the glidelock, but I understand it may cause design problems for Rolex to implement it on all oyster bracelets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 June 2021, 01:46 AM   #34
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Anyone know?
It does.

I adjusted the micro setting on my BLRO from the middle setting to the largest setting when I got the watch home from the AD. It was just a touch tighter than I liked
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2021, 01:58 AM   #35
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djyolky View Post
Yes I believe so.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
It does.

I adjusted the micro setting on my BLRO from the middle setting to the largest setting when I got the watch home from the AD. It was just a touch tighter than I liked
Many thanks!
illiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2021, 02:01 AM   #36
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
I honestly never understood easy link. 5mm is way too much for 99.99% of wrists.
Nothing compares to the glidelock, but I understand it may cause design problems for Rolex to implement it on all oyster bracelets.

To me the easy link was never a position i would leave the watch in for very long. It was when it gets really hot, after golf, stuff like that. Maybe it was a few hours but i typically snapped it back in a few hours later. I agree, i think 5mm is a little much.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2021, 02:20 AM   #37
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
To me the easy link was never a position i would leave the watch in for very long. It was when it gets really hot, after golf, stuff like that. Maybe it was a few hours but i typically snapped it back in a few hours later. I agree, i think 5mm is a little much.

I agree it is too much for normal day to day change, even going from temp extremes...at least for my wrists. When I sized my 39mm Explorer I extended the ezlink and remove bracelet links to get the fit I wanted...why carry around something I'll never use. I've never wished I left it in. It is probably that my normal fit isn't super snug. If a watch leaves an imprint it is way too tight for me. Ideally, I like it to be just tight enough that it will slide above or below the wrist bone with the slightest push.

It's really all about not just the size and shape of a person's wrist but the shape of the entire area from forearm to upper part of the hand. Sort of like how some can get out of handcuffs easier than I ever could.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2021, 07:04 AM   #38
FTX I
"TRF" Member

I need a glidelock clasp so much that even the beater has one and I love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OR.jpg (141.9 KB, 180 views)
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 06:46 AM   #39
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

Wore the watch all day without the easy link… then went outside for a bit… and look at the “marks”… thankful for easy link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 09:40 AM   #40
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Someone said GL was an aircraft carrier. Not so on the YM42, where it is the same size as the EL clasp. Rolex should move to the 10mm adjustability in the mini-GL for all sports models, especially ones on OF if fir no other reason than having to size so many OF after the sale, which would not be required with GL.

Another on here said EL can be done while wearing. I don’t recall being able to do that on my GMT. However, I can on my DSSD GL, which is the ultimate best clasp, although admittedly large.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 09:46 AM   #41
amanbra
"TRF" Member

OP, because easy link is 5mm and the micro adjust is about 3mm you can dial in a fit by opening the easy link and moving the adjustment point. Of course if you do this you lose the ability to adjust on the fly but for me the 5mm adjustment is useless as I have boney wrists that do not swell that much.
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 09:46 AM   #42
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
I need a glidelock clasp so much that even the beater has one and I love it.
You wear it well
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 10:31 AM   #43
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I think out of all the various micro adjust systems I have in my collection, Omega does it best with this one. Quick, easy, three different settings. I don't need 20 different settings like the glidelock, I prefer a finer adjustment than the easylink provides, and I don't want to have to scrounge around for a toothpick to adjust the bracelet on a hot day.

This is the inside clasp on my Moonphase. Really works great. I want to say each adjustment is either 2 or 3mm in length. Takes all of less than a second to adjust.

That is interesting. Can you show us the front of the watch? Also, do all the modern Omegas use this system? Thanks,
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:14 PM   #44
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

It’s a useless gimmick for most of us IMO. 5mm adjustment is too much for most. I have several easy link bracelets and haven’t used it once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 01:23 PM   #45
horseShu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Aqua Terra
for me, it's kinda like high magnetic resistance in watch movements.

most people think it's a useless gimmick since they've never had their watch magnetized. well, i've had several watches magnetized. I even bought that cheap blue thing at Amazon so I can demagnetize it myself. So i definitely need that feature.

As for glidelock, sure it's a neat thing. But i've never had the need to micro-manage my bracelet by millimeters. Once the bracelet is sized properly, I'm set. I dunno why. Maybe I have boring normal wrists?
horseShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 10:59 PM   #46
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
I still haven’t figured out why I constantly futz around with the easy link and micro adjustments on any 6 digit reference I own but on any 5 digit/hollow bracket I own they just fit perfectly regardless of weather, wrist swelling, etc, without any need for adjusting ever.

Anyone else have the same experience?

Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote