The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 June 2021, 12:25 PM   #91
J-rob
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloebear View Post
Wow, I don't even know where to begin on this one....As a guy who's been on here over 7 years, bought and sold a bunch of watches and made some great friends, I was a bit shocked to see a fair bit of negativity.

I bought the watch on 5-27-21 for my son. The watch has never been worn or sized. I don't consider, trying a watch on and snapping a picture as a used watch. It appears as though they wrote the date on the warranty card as 3-27 instead of 5-27. Honest mistake. My sales receipt says 5-27 and my original post was the next day (5-28). For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure nobody had the new Explorer on 3-27.

Additionally, a second AD called and said they got the Explorer in if I wanted it. So I bought it and put it up for sale to make a few bucks. I'm not the first guy to ever do that.
Fair enough.

We can put out pitchforks away now.
J-rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:30 PM   #92
chloebear
Banned

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-rob View Post
Fair enough.

We can put out pitchforks away now.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chloebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:35 PM   #93
J-rob
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Off topic, but it kind of sucks that they shorted you 2 months of warranty with simple carelessness.
J-rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:41 PM   #94
chloebear
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-rob View Post
Off topic, but it kind of sucks that they shorted you 2 months of warranty with simple carelessness.
Great point! I hadn't considered that. I'm probably still ok because even though they wrote the wrong date, surely it's based on when they scanned the warranty card.

I just ordered the new 36mm Wimbledon dial Date-Just. Perhaps I'll bring it to their attention when I pick it up.
Old 22 June 2021, 12:47 PM   #95
chloebear
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
If I had to guess...

1. Received underwhelming Father’s Day card from son and reassessed his plans.

2. Read some of the other “36mm insecurity” threads and suddenly questioned own masculinity.

3. Realized that it would be years before he passed this watch on to his son, but the window to practically double his money on it was quite finite, ergo sell now and either buy matching OPs for both of them, or wait, rebuy, then send his son off to college with an Explorer and $5,000 in beer money.

That's awesome! It's taken me a long time to appreciate the classically sized watches, but man am I on board. So much so, that I placed a request/order for a 36mm DJ today!
Old 22 June 2021, 12:48 PM   #96
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Wow, I don't even know where to begin on this one....As a guy who's been on here over 7 years, bought and sold a bunch of watches and made some great friends, I was a bit shocked to see a fair bit of negativity.

I bought the watch on 5-27-21 for my son. The watch has never been worn or sized. I don't consider, trying a watch on and snapping a picture as a used watch. It appears as though they wrote the date on the warranty card as 3-27 instead of 5-27. Honest mistake. My sales receipt says 5-27 and my original post was the next day (5-28). For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure nobody had the new Explorer on 3-27.

Additionally, a second AD called and said they got the Explorer in if I wanted it. So I bought it and put it up for sale to make a few bucks. I'm not the first guy to ever do that.
As I frequently say on the home front: I have no poodle in this pissing match (sorry, I have an elderly poodle with incontinence issues... and a dark sense of humor). I'm entirely neutral on this. Your watch, your prerogative.

What I will say is that you should probably see about having that warranty card corrected. Because you are absolutely right: That watch wasn't even announced until April. And if anybody were to think that through when making an offer, they might develop unfounded suspicions about the watch's legitimacy.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:56 PM   #97
chloebear
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
As I frequently say on the home front: I have no poodle in this pissing match (sorry, I have an elderly poodle with incontinence issues... and a dark sense of humor). I'm entirely neutral on this. Your watch, your prerogative.

What I will say is that you should probably see about having that warranty card corrected. Because you are absolutely right: That watch wasn't even announced until April. And if anybody were to think that through when making an offer, they might develop unfounded suspicions about the watch's legitimacy.
Fantastic point! I will absolutely broach the subject now about getting it corrected. I get/enjoy your sense of humor.
Old 22 June 2021, 01:44 PM   #98
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
I just thought there might be something I hadn't seen yet with the fit and such. I been waiting years for Rolex to redo the Explorer and I just wanted to here your view. I had no idea people were going to go nuts like they did.
I should have sent you a PM - I truly am sorry for my post asking you why you were selling it
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 02:17 PM   #99
afjag256
"TRF" Member

No pitchforks here.

You’ll have to forgive me, but I am curious. You got offered the same hard-to-find watch the next day and decided to flip it? Or are you flipping the first watch, the one promised to your son with the screwed up warranty card? Cause you seemed to say that you are selling the second watch, presumably with its own warranty card. Maybe my reading comprehension isn’t what it once was.
afjag256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 03:17 PM   #100
matthew P
"TRF" Member

cant say I'm not insanely jealous sitting here stuck at first base still trying to get one of these on wrist to see if I even like the fit..... my local AD's are giving me no love, I'm going to have to try cast a larger net i think.
congrats on your good fortune, wish you lived in Los Angeles so I could check out your for sale listing in person.
matthew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2021, 12:19 AM   #101
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
This entire thread gave my whiplash.
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
124270 , explorer