The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 October 2021, 04:45 PM   #31
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
I think you will be surprised at how many watches an AD sells. Just because the windows are bare doesn't mean they don't sell. Watches come in and there is usually someone who has already expressed an interest in it. Hence, it nevers gets to the window.

Supply to my AD has actually increased (I'm not saying every AD has increased) but also the demand has gone up much more than the increase in supply.

Rolex cant/wont (a totally different debate topic) increase supply, so that's where we are at. Demand is totally outstripping supply.

For my AD, they are thankful to Rolex, as for them, it's the brand that has kept them afloat during the pandemic. They are a multi-brand watch and jewellery store.
Whilst Rolex has done well - others have also reaped the benefits. AP, PP, ALS, FPJ - all impossible to get the desirable models - or indeed any at all. Blancpain - forget about a large-number LE such as the Barracuda or No-rad without VIP status.
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 12:17 AM   #32
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywoods View Post
I don’t get how the ADs survive off just the odd gold and two tone sales. Surely they UK ADs ain’t selling that much stock each week are they? High street rents must be high
I have wondered this myself. It must also be quite frustrating for the ADs if they know they could sell more but simply cannot get sufficient stock.
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 03:30 AM   #33
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywoods View Post
I don’t get how the ADs survive off just the odd gold and two tone sales. Surely they UK ADs ain’t selling that much stock each week are they? High street rents must be high
AD’s are selling all their stock, SS, TT,PM. As much as they used to get allocated. AD’s are surviving quite well. They are making more money now than pre pandemic times as customers are buying other brands and jewellery pieces just to get the “privilege” of buying a Rolex.
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 03:34 AM   #34
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by strafer_kid View Post
I have wondered this myself. It must also be quite frustrating for the ADs if they know they could sell more but simply cannot get sufficient stock.
AD’s are making the easiest money they have ever made and they have no dead stock in their cabinets. SA’s may not like it since word is their commissions are being taken away in some cases because these things are selling themselves.
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 05:00 AM   #35
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by strafer_kid View Post
AD's are very busy selling the stock we don't see.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 05:12 AM   #36
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordian View Post
ad's are very busy selling the stock we don't see.

100%
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote