The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 October 2021, 11:09 AM   #31
EagleBear
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMadrid1988 View Post
Weird. The difference in price at MSRP between the two watches is USD $200 depending on bracelet, but it’s a $400 difference if you price the bracelets separately. Doesn’t make much sense.

I know crazy right? But that’s where they get us. Servicing a movement for most models whether SS of PM
is between $700 & $1000 it’s in the upgrades and replacements where the cost comes into play.
EagleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2021, 11:13 AM   #32
EagleBear

Calling all 2021 blnr/blro owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuggett View Post
No offense, but you aren’t really any farther along than before you started this thread. This is all maybe you can, maybe you can’t. What’s the point?

The point is it’s a bunch of bullshit.
There is no transparency Who knows the truth, I got mine did you get yours? Is pretty much what we are all telling one another even today. The point is trying to gather enough info to help those that are being rejected when we “ALL” are paying customers…
No offense taken ;)
Old 5 October 2021, 12:21 PM   #33
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Nowhere but on TRF does Rolex have “year models.” They introduce a reference, may make some ongoing changes, but until the reference changes all pieces of that watch are equal in their eyes. Also, RolexUSA is not an auto parts store. It’s been close to 20 years since alternative bracelets were offered. I suspect once there is enough supply they will probably direct customers to go through either their dealer or a RSC.
So far since the alternate bracelets were shown there’s been nothing but lots of conflicting info shared here. I’ll believe there’s a plan in place when multiple people here actually gets one.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2021, 12:36 PM   #34
EagleBear

Well said, I can’t help but think Rolex put the cart before the horse in this case though. I haven’t seen any threads in regards to the Sky-Dweller bracelet option. I’m curious if any issues have been brought up as well. Good luck to all you in the process and all of you still trying to figure it out. Keep smiling :)
Old 5 October 2021, 12:48 PM   #35
RealMadrid1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona | BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
Nowhere but on TRF does Rolex have “year models.” They introduce a reference, may make some ongoing changes, but until the reference changes all pieces of that watch are equal in their eyes. Also, RolexUSA is not an auto parts store. It’s been close to 20 years since alternative bracelets were offered. I suspect once there is enough supply they will probably direct customers to go through either their dealer or a RSC.
So far since the alternate bracelets were shown there’s been nothing but lots of conflicting info shared here. I’ll believe there’s a plan in place when multiple people here actually gets one.
I can’t comment on whether bracelets are available for watches sold before/after a certain date, but I can confirm that my AD proactively offered to order me a jubilee bracelet when I picked up my BLNR on oyster without any prompting by me. Not sure why they would make such an offer if they hadn’t at least received word from RUSA that it was a possibility. Not surprised that the process isn’t clear yet, though.
RealMadrid1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2021, 10:10 AM   #36
EagleBear

Well it’s been fun, I was planning on leaving the Jubilee on for 3 months but I just couldn’t do it lasted just shy of a month. The oyster with the more dressed down look is more my style. I’m sure it will find its way back on at some point just not at this point ;)

Old 28 October 2021, 01:00 PM   #37
EagleBear

Calling all 2021 blnr/blro owners

Well I was changing out the bracelet today and I don’t know why I stopped and picked up the watch after taking off the bracelet I normally just swap them out and done but not today. I thought I’d take a closer look and just see all the engravings between the lugs. Well to my surprise I wasn’t aware that Rolex stopped engraving the serial number between the lugs. When did this happen 2018? Now I’m curious anyone know???
Time for some homework lol
Old 28 October 2021, 01:01 PM   #38
EagleBear

Old 28 October 2021, 02:05 PM   #39
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMadrid1988 View Post
Thanks for this. My AD (which has a parts account) said they could actually order the other bracelet for me and don’t need my watch while they are waiting. So it seems like you don’t actually need to send your watch in to Rolex to get the other bracelet?

This is true. I bought my oyster blro from AD in July and the same AD got my Jubilee bracelet for me from RSC in NYC. Didn’t have to send my watch in. When the bracelet arrived, I brought my watch in to my AD and they swap the bracelets for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2021, 02:09 PM   #40
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
What’s retail for the jubilee?

$2100

rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 03:24 AM   #41
GolfJunkie

Watch: 252
Just want to update this thread with my experience.

I bought my 126710 BLRO (oyster bracelet) in October 2021. Since then I've asked my AD about 4-5 times if I can order the Jubilee and they keep telling me NO. So back in January I called Dallas RSC and asked about buying a Jubilee and the CS Rep. said I'd have to send my watch in and they would put the Jubilee on and send me the Oyster bracelet back. Well I didn't want to send my watch in for just a bracelet swap. Then, on Tuesday of this week, I called Dallas RSC again because I'll be in Dallas tomorrow and the CS Rep. I spoke with said they don't have any Jubilee bracelets in stock and that when they do have them in stock you'd have to trade in the Oyster for Jubilee I didn't think that was right so I decided to call again today. The rep. I spoke to seemed very knowledgeable and told me I can stop in to Rolex RSC and they will swap out my Oyster for a Jubilee and I can have the Oyster back. He did say that they will NOT go from Jubilee to Oyster Not sure if that'll change in the future or not.

I'll be going in Monday with the hopes of being able to add a Jubilee. I will update this thread with my results
Old 4 June 2022, 07:22 AM   #42
Pinchy
"TRF" Member

Has anyone figured out a way to order a 116610LN bracelet? I have a 116610LV and would love a brushed bracelet with glidelock spare to slap on the GMT.
Pinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 07:45 AM   #43
stylinleems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
Has anyone figured out a way to order a 116610LN bracelet? I have a 116610LV and would love a brushed bracelet with glidelock spare to slap on the GMT.
I ordered a 97200 bracelet (116610LN/LV bracelet) about 8 months ago and picked it up 2 weeks ago.

You can order a bracelet using your LVs serial number. I would suggest wearing the watch on a rubber strap, heading to an AD and asking them to order the bracelet for you. You could say you 'lost' your bracelet in a move or it broke etc.

stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 07:56 AM   #44
PepsiBezel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Neo-Vintage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBear View Post
Well I was changing out the bracelet today and I don’t know why I stopped and picked up the watch after taking off the bracelet I normally just swap them out and done but not today. I thought I’d take a closer look and just see all the engravings between the lugs. Well to my surprise I wasn’t aware that Rolex stopped engraving the serial number between the lugs. When did this happen 2018? Now I’m curious anyone know???
Time for some homework lol
Maybe around 2005, when they put the serial numbers on the rehaut.
PepsiBezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 08:22 AM   #45
Santiago32
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO-LV-EXP1-BB58
You can get a jubilee but not an oyster for BLNR/BLRO. At least that's what RSC told me last month when I asked.

And... to get a jubilee you must surrender your oyster to Rolex
Old 4 June 2022, 09:59 AM   #46
Creedo1232
"TRF" Member

Spoke with my AD today regarding this issue. I am awaiting a GMT Master II, on either oyster or jubilee. His advice was to obviously take whichever one came in first, and that later in the year I would be able to purchase the other bracelet (once production of the bracelets picks back up). He said that until then, Rolex will make you send the bracelet in for a swap.

So hopefully later in the year this is possible

Cheers!

Creedo1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2022, 02:58 PM   #47
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
From the "crazy desired" collection, you are missing...

You're missing the 50th anniversary green dial, first ceramic GMT.

You're missing the two tone rootbeer.

You're missing the left hander oyster bracelet.

You're missing the left hander jubilee bracelet.

And if you really are a hard core GMTer, you'd have a SARU too. so you're missing that as well.

Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESH View Post
just get the set 😂😂😂
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2022, 03:26 PM   #48
JDA0779
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO Jubilee
I spoke to my local ( and only ) AD in Dxb about 2 months back - which is Seddique and Sons at the Rolex Dubai Mall big store, he was ready to order the Oyster for my Pepsi Jubilee (2020).
Cost approx 2500 usd with vat - ( 10-11k aed) and 3 month wait.

I decided to wait for ny Oyster bAtman ( wish listed April 2021) so that can swap both when i want .

Rolex Pepsi 126710BLRO Jubilee and Rolex Starbucks 126610LV
JDA0779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2022, 03:30 PM   #49
JDA0779
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO Jubilee
* The Dubai AD has a part accounts - forgot to add that. That also at some location only.

Rolex Pepsi 126710BLRO Jubilee and Rolex Starbucks 126610LV
JDA0779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2022, 04:31 PM   #50
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
All the ADs and each time I’ve talked to RSC Dallas has resulted in a “no” that I can’t get an oyster bracelet for my jubilee.
MRBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2022, 04:31 PM   #51
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
All the ADs and each time I’ve talked to RSC Dallas has resulted in a “no” that I can’t get an oyster bracelet for my jubilee.
MRBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2022, 10:26 PM   #52
EagleBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJunkie View Post
Just want to update this thread with my experience.

I bought my 126710 BLRO (oyster bracelet) in October 2021. Since then I've asked my AD about 4-5 times if I can order the Jubilee and they keep telling me NO. So back in January I called Dallas RSC and asked about buying a Jubilee and the CS Rep. said I'd have to send my watch in and they would put the Jubilee on and send me the Oyster bracelet back. Well I didn't want to send my watch in for just a bracelet swap. Then, on Tuesday of this week, I called Dallas RSC again because I'll be in Dallas tomorrow and the CS Rep. I spoke with said they don't have any Jubilee bracelets in stock and that when they do have them in stock you'd have to trade in the Oyster for Jubilee I didn't think that was right so I decided to call again today. The rep. I spoke to seemed very knowledgeable and told me I can stop in to Rolex RSC and they will swap out my Oyster for a Jubilee and I can have the Oyster back. He did say that they will NOT go from Jubilee to Oyster Not sure if that'll change in the future or not.

I'll be going in Monday with the hopes of being able to add a Jubilee. I will update this thread with my results

That’s great to hear Eric, so how’d it go yesterday was it a successful trip picking up your jubilee bracelet? Looking forward to your update ;)
Old 7 June 2022, 10:36 PM   #53
EagleBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago32 View Post
You can get a jubilee but not an oyster for BLNR/BLRO. At least that's what RSC told me last month when I asked.

And... to get a jubilee you must surrender your oyster to Rolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedo1232 View Post
Spoke with my AD today regarding this issue. I am awaiting a GMT Master II, on either oyster or jubilee. His advice was to obviously take whichever one came in first, and that later in the year I would be able to purchase the other bracelet (once production of the bracelets picks back up). He said that until then, Rolex will make you send the bracelet in for a swap.

So hopefully later in the year this is possible

Cheers!

There are a few members here in the States that have been successful at having their ADs order the Oyster bracelet two that come to mind is rolex818 and mannyv11 within the last couple months. Hope they chime in and share their experiences. It is possible the main problem that was shared by carlmartin was how the SA put it in the computer when putting in the order it seems to default and denies the order. Hope he chimes in as well.
Old 11 June 2022, 12:56 AM   #54
GolfJunkie

Watch: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBear View Post
That’s great to hear Eric, so how’d it go yesterday was it a successful trip picking up your jubilee bracelet? Looking forward to your update ;)
Well, unfortunately I don't have an update. It was a very busy 4 days in Dallas and I couldn't find the time to get to RSC
Old 11 June 2022, 07:02 AM   #55
carlmartin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Can confirm all options are now available from Nordic, French and UK ADs, i.e. oyster for your jubilee GMT and jubilee for your oyster GMT. I find it incredibly hard to believe that the rules would be different from a Rolex point of view so for all of you getting no for an answer I would strongly recommend you to ask again that they actually try to out the order in the system.

It should work.
carlmartin is offline   Reply With Quote