The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 January 2019, 04:09 PM   #31
fett1972
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyb View Post
Lots of words but I don't see any pictures!

Uploaded this pic from last week as a test. I am the proud owner of the White Dial Daytona

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fett1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2019, 04:11 PM   #32
fett1972
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
With a tablet, your best bet would be to create an account with an image hosting site like the one I mentioned and upload your photos to it. After that, just use the direct link they provide for the pics in your posts here and that's it.
Thanks for all you help. It worked
Old 13 January 2019, 04:12 PM   #33
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Very nice post and read...
I thoroughly believe as well that things can vary from AD to AD
and also branch to branch... Be courteous and be diligent...

Congrats on an already awesome collection...

+1

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2019, 04:39 PM   #34
fett1972
"TRF" Member

I have received several PM’s with questions regarding thoughts on my models and a lot more in regards to my AD.

In regards to the models, I rank the 3 I own as follows

My Favourite - without doubt the 116519. The look, the feel is amazing. Do I think it’s worth the money. Financially - No, I don’t see the value. Happiness - 100% Yes. It’s never been off my wrist.

Most Special - the White Dial Daytona. This is the watch that made me want a Rolex. Originally wanted Black but as I said in my original post you need to try to see and feel watches in the flesh to make YOUR decision.

Most Important - The Sub. Without this purchase my journey would have been different.

My AD. For me the most important thing was I made a purchase which leads to a relationship whether that be friendship or being a VIP. Both of these are different imo. ADs currently get lots of enquiries from people who want Rolexes. Some are genuine buyers and some people get caught up in the fact they love the idea they want a Rolex but don’t have funds. It takes time for trust to develop which is the crucial part of the relationship.

My relationship with my AD is unique to me. I have became really good friends with 3 staff in a very short period of time. I do not get treat as a VIP but all their customers are made to feel special and treat with the same respect whether spending £10 or £10,000. However, they do need to look after big spenders, it’s a business at the end of the day and targets have to be achieved. This does not mean that if you have built a genuine good relationship that you will be below big spending customers on lists. I trust my AD and their trust me. I am patient and respectfful and know they will try their best to assist me.

My advice is go in person and speak to the assistants. Find the assistant you feel natural with and take it from there. A first purchase is crucial. There is no magic formula in building a relationship or a timeframe. It will happen naturally.

For those waiting for a particular model no matter how frustrating you may feel the watch you are meant to own will find you. I know it can be difficult but Be patient and trust your gut feelings about the AD you are dealing with.

My journey is currently over for now. Thanks to everyone who has enjoyed reading my lengthy thread and their kind words. For those who doubt my journey,hopefully my pics will support my post.

Good luck to everyone for the coming year in obtaining the watch of your dreams.

PS - more Pics to follow.
Old 13 January 2019, 04:54 PM   #35
edyu
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fett1972 View Post
Personally I hate the Pepsi. £21k not $

I feel very lucky to get the SS Daytona in such a short space of time and my AD kept their word. Why repay that by flipping a watch and getting them into trouble. That’s why some customers don’t have relationships
I agree wholeheartedly. When people only think about profits they don’t build relationships. Btw I have similar story and similar luck as you but I went with the rg gmt and the SS Daytona. I’m probably going to get a WG Daytona with blue dial this year.
Love your story btw.
edyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2019, 04:59 PM   #36
fett1972
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edyu View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. When people only think about profits they don’t build relationships. Btw I have similar story and similar luck as you but I went with the rg gmt and the SS Daytona. I’m probably going to get a WG Daytona with blue dial this year.
Love your story btw.
I bought the 116519 steel dial with OF strap. For me Definitely a head V Heart watch. head says not worth the money, heart says it’s the most beautiful watch out there.

Congrats on your SS Daytona. Head says buy a full PM piece you will love your future purchase. BTW I am yet to see and feel a full PM Daytona. Very hard to find in my area.
Old 13 January 2019, 07:33 PM   #37
fett1972
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have received several PM’s with questions regarding thoughts on my models and a lot more in regards to my AD.

In regards to the models, I rank the 3 I own as follows

My Favourite - without doubt the 116519. The look, the feel is amazing. Do I think it’s worth the money. Financially - No, I don’t see the value. Happiness - 100% Yes. It’s never been off my wrist.

Most Special - the White Dial Daytona. This is the watch that made me want a Rolex. Originally wanted Black but as I said in my original post you need to try to see and feel watches in the flesh to make YOUR decision.

Most Important - The Sub. Without this purchase my journey would have been different.

My AD. For me the most important thing was I made a purchase which leads to a relationship whether that be friendship or being a VIP. Both of these are different imo. ADs currently get lots of enquiries from people who want Rolexes. Some are genuine buyers and some people get caught up in the fact they love the idea they want a Rolex but don’t have funds. It takes time for trust to develop which is the crucial part of the relationship.

My relationship with my AD is unique to me. I have became really good friends with 3 staff in a very short period of time. I do not get treat as a VIP but all their customers are made to feel special and treat with the same respect whether spending £10 or £10,000. However, they do need to look after big spenders, it’s a business at the end of the day and targets have to be achieved. This does not mean that if you have built a genuine good relationship that you will be below big spending customers on lists. I trust my AD and their trust me. I am patient and respectfful and know they will try their best to assist me.

My advice is go in person and speak to the assistants. Find the assistant you feel natural with and take it from there. A first purchase is crucial. There is no magic formula in building a relationship or a timeframe. It will happen naturally.

For those waiting for a particular model no matter how frustrating you may feel the watch you are meant to own will find you. I know it can be difficult but Be patient and trust your gut feelings about the AD you are dealing with.

My journey is currently over for now. Thanks to everyone who has enjoyed reading my lengthy thread and their kind words. For those who doubt my journey,hopefully my pics will support my post.

Good luck to everyone for the coming year in obtaining the watch of your dreams.

PS - more Pics to follow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 14 January 2019, 12:13 AM   #38
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks for all you help. It worked
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 12:56 AM   #39
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Initially was going to pass on this long read, but glad i didn't. Your experience turned out great, it was very pleasant to read. Congrats on you watches!
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 02:55 AM   #40
fett1972
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord91 View Post
Initially was going to pass on this long read, but glad i didn't. Your experience turned out great, it was very pleasant to read. Congrats on you watches!
Thanks
Old 14 January 2019, 03:35 AM   #41
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

UK guys take take notes, seems like high demand SS Sub and SS Daytona can be easily found at this AD.
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 04:06 AM   #42
topcat30093
"TRF" Member

Thanks OP for a good genuine read.
Throughly enjoying reading about your journey which included the ups and downs.
Which resulted in a win, win for both you, the customer and the AD.