The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 June 2021, 06:18 AM   #1
85allison
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex divers
Attention!!! Searching for 14060M serial Z001117

ATTENTION!!!!

I am on the search for a Sentimental 14060M Submariner No Date.

This watch was very sentimental to me. It ended up somewhere in south Florida around Late 2010.

The serial number on the watch is Z001117

I would like to purchase the watch back. I have the original warranty certificate for the piece as well.

I know this is a long shot but we are a close community of collectors so maybe someone on this group has is. Please PM me with any info. Thanks.
85allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 06:28 AM   #2
dannyp
Banned

Can you give more details? For example, when you parted ways with it in 2010, was it sold, stolen or lost?

I'm assuming from your verbiage that it was sold, but perhaps you mean you are offering a reward for its return if it was lost or stolen?
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 06:40 AM   #3
85allison
2024 Pledge Member

It was traded for a two tone black submariner somewhere in 2010. The transaction took place at Mayors Jewelers in Brandon Florida and the stainless piece went to a seller/collector who lived in the Port Charlotte area I believe.
Old 22 June 2021, 06:43 AM   #4
GarbanzoNegro
"TRF" Member

And 11 years later you realize that you want it back? I would also love to have a little bit more of background information. Just curious. :-)
GarbanzoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 06:47 AM   #5
turkeysub93
"TRF" Member

Very interesting
turkeysub93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 06:57 AM   #6
85allison
2024 Pledge Member

So the back story is that this watch was a graduation gift from my mother. It was my first Rolex that started my collection. It was purchased new by my mom and I had it until 2011. I then traded it for a two tone/black sub. The sentimental value of the piece didn’t come until later when I really began collecting. There are a few sentimental aspects of the original sub. The first obviously being it was a gift from my mother, the second being the 111 portion of the serial number. In late 2011 after this piece was traded, I advanced my auto racing career into the professional competition. My racing number has always been 111 until this year where it was changed to 1. I had no idea the serial
Number of the original piece had the 111 in it until I recently ran a cross the warranty papers for the watch. That is when I decided to start the search for the piece. Out of 150 Rolex watches that I have owned since 2011, this one would hold a special place with me.

Corny back story but I figured it’s worth a shot to find it once I realized the serial number corresponded with my racing career.
Old 22 June 2021, 07:08 AM   #7
dannyp
Banned

Ok, so this is a long shot… Have you considered contracting Rolex USA, asking if the current owner has ever had it in for service, and, if so, whether they’d be willing to pass along your message?

I don’t know at what level you race, but Rolex has a long association with the sport and if yours is a recognizable name to those following it, maybe they’d be open to helping?

My personal approach to this would be asking your agent/manager/publicist to reach out to the Rolex PR department, as I’m sure this is a story they could get a quick “win” with. In all honesty, though, it’ll depend entirely on your stature within the sport.

If that’s not a likely scenario you could always just call customer service and ask…
Old 22 June 2021, 07:13 AM   #8
85allison
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
Ok, so this is a long shot… Have you considered contracting Rolex USA, asking if the current owner has ever had it in for service, and, if so, whether they’d be willing to pass along your message?

I don’t know at what level you race, but Rolex has a long association with the sport and if yours is a recognizable name to those following it, maybe they’d be open to helping?

My personal approach to this would be asking your agent/manager/publicist to reach out to the Rolex PR department, as I’m sure this is a story they could get a quick “win” with. In all honesty, though, it’ll depend entirely on your stature within the sport.

If that’s not a likely scenario you could always just call customer service and ask…
I do compete at a high enough level that we have Rolex representatives associated with our series, however, Rolex has a long history of not disclosing any service or current ownership information. I do believe associates with Rolex USA that work in the warranty snd service center have access to those records but those are not the marketing associates that are involved with Motorsports. I have to try to “back door” it and get someone who knows someone type of assistance. I have reached out with no luck yet.
Old 22 June 2021, 07:24 AM   #9
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85allison View Post
I do compete at a high enough level that we have Rolex representatives associated with our series, however, Rolex has a long history of not disclosing any service or current ownership information. I do believe associates with Rolex USA that work in the warranty snd service center have access to those records but those are not the marketing associates that are involved with Motorsports. I have to try to “back door” it and get someone who knows someone type of assistance. I have reached out with no luck yet.
Well, I wouldn’t recommend asking them to provide you with a name, rather ask if they’d pass a message and your contact info along to the current owner. Better yet, arrange a meeting at one of your races.

The way in which is leverage the marketing relationship is as that back door. But this isn’t you asking for a favor: it’s you offering up a media-worthy story for them to leverage (I.e. making their job easier). There’s definitely a story there and it’s just a matter of giving a Rolex marketer the right incentive to want to tell it to the right outlet.

I also think that if you have “people” (agent, manager, publicist) then it elevates your importance because a driver “with people” wants to talk (and isn’t asking for an ambassador deal). Because let’s face it, that’s how the world works…
Old 22 June 2021, 07:42 AM   #10
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Will be following this one with interest...good luck OP...
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 11:30 AM   #11
88b9p
"TRF" Member

Andy - What series do you race?
88b9p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 11:51 AM   #12
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

This is great - I'd love for the watch to be located!
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:13 PM   #13
85allison
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88b9p View Post
Andy - What series do you race?
I’m not going to disclose exactly what series I race in. I really don’t want much getting out. But let’s just say that you being from PA, we “invade” your state sometimes and try to beat the “posse”.
Old 22 June 2021, 12:26 PM   #14
ROlesorusLEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
Good luck finding the watch. Say high to David and Homer.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk
ROlesorusLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 02:45 PM   #15
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Good luck sir. I think you’re spot on with RSC. They wouldn’t even confirm with a police report, sales receipt and warranty card still in my possession whether a previous SD4K had ever been sent in or hit their radar. They made me have the detective reach out directly.
Old 11 January 2024, 10:42 AM   #16
85allison
2024 Pledge Member

Bringing this back up. You never know.