The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 August 2021, 10:56 PM   #1
Roly25
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Milgauss,
Did AD just brush me aside?

I walked into an AD a few days ago that just opened a new location. I was surprised to see they had a BLNR Jubilee, Daytona, and various other models on display. But then I saw the sign that these were just dummy floor models no movements etc.

I've been looking for a BLNR on jubilee for a while now. The saleswoman was very polite and we talked watches for maybe 2-3 minutes. I asked her to try the BLNR demo model on. Then I said there must be a long wait list for these. She said no not really and we do get them in. I told her I was interested and she took my name and info down. I asked her for her card and she sort of blurted back she doesn't have one at the moment, but she will be in touch if they get one in.

I feel like there is no way I would get a watch that easily from an AD I have never been to before. I also I live about 2 hours away in a different state and I come in there for work all the time. I told her this, which she said they don't ship out of state and I would have to pick it up. I said no problem.
Roly25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 11:27 PM   #2
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
You never know. I got my Hulk in early 2018 after being put on the “list” in late 2017 but at the time I wasn’t sure if SA would even call me, haha. Just be hopeful and give it some time and periodically check in by phone.
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 11:27 PM   #3
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Things don’t add up with the SA.. no demand for BLNR, yeah right.. they get them in all the time...ok sure, an it’s a new AD... doesn’t have a business card to give...ok... you likely will never get the call..

Having said that you never know I suppose.. Keep us posted and good luck
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 11:30 PM   #4
ramenlover
"TRF" Member

Although it’s a very slim chance, it’s still more of a chance than that other guy who walked in with his list of hot watches
ramenlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 11:30 PM   #5
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
New AD. Rolex don’t advertise new stores so it’s possible.
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 11:32 PM   #6
Roly25
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Milgauss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Watches View Post
Things don’t add up with the SA.. no demand for BLNR, yeah right.. they get them in all the time...ok sure, an it’s a new AD... doesn’t have a business card to give...ok... you likely will never get the call..

Having said that you never know I suppose.. Keep us posted and good luck
Thats what I was thinking. Especially when she said she doesn't have a card, she probably doesn't want me bothering her. I did say I'd like to stop by every now and then. I got the positive "you should!". Funny I am willing to give them a good amount of money and they still treat you like that. But I could be wrong!
Roly25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 11:33 PM   #7
DonCorleone
Banned

Where is this AD?
DonCorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 11:40 PM   #8
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roly25 View Post
Thats what I was thinking. Especially when she said she doesn't have a card, she probably doesn't want me bothering her. I did say I'd like to stop by every now and then. I got the positive "you should!". Funny I am willing to give them a good amount of money and they still treat you like that. But I could be wrong!
They want you to come in and potentially buy other items preferably higher margined Jewelry or slower moving brands. Today’s Rolex means you giving them 10k means nothing. There are 50 people in line for that BLNR most likely…
Again you never know so it was worth the try
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 11:42 PM   #9
WatchNutcase
Banned

Watch: Sub 114060
It's very possible that you'll get a call soon since it's a new AD. The forum likes to make things sound very mystical in terms of receiving the call with no purchase history but it does indeed happen.
WatchNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 11:53 PM   #10
Master_Grogu
Banned

I got my submariner by going to a shop, and said « I am waiting for BLRO but I like the new sub »

SA said oh well give me your name and I’ll see what I can do, and wrote my info on a post it.

2 weeks later, I got my sub.
Master_Grogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 11:55 PM   #11
vengapat
"TRF" Member

Is this the new Rolex in the meatpacking district? If so then you're probably not going to get a BLNR with no purchasing history. I spent about 10k with Tourneau (Now Bucherer) about a year ago and expressed that I am only interested in a BLNR and it's been almost a year now. You're going to need some sort of purchase history.
vengapat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 12:01 AM   #12
Danny83
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
You never know you might get the call, there is no real list just depends who they like more. Getting a Rolex at MSRP is like getting a job
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 12:45 AM   #13
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
AD balked at giving you her card <she likely does have one> means she does not want you bugging her day after day.
Plus her other B.S. about "we do get get them in."
Plus most AD's prefer top sell to "locals."
Good luck !!!! You will need good luck to say the least.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 12:55 AM   #14
Harry hayre
"TRF" Member

I got my blue sky dweller after 11 months. So its not impossible
Harry hayre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 01:09 AM   #15
Trek360
"TRF" Member

Sounds like a polite brush off but you never know, especially at a new AD location. I’d visit from time to time without being an annoyance and see what happens.
Trek360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 01:56 AM   #16
dannyp
Banned

Sounds like:

“I’m new to selling Rolex at a store that’s just opened and have no idea what’s what so I’m going to smile, nod, and all my manager later how to reply to your questions.”
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 01:57 AM   #17
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
AD balked at giving you her card <she likely does have one> means she does not want you bugging her day after day.
Plus her other B.S. about "we do get get them in."
Plus most AD's prefer top sell to "locals."
Good luck !!!! You will need good luck to say the least.
Maybe. Or maybe they haven’t arrived. One AD I visited gave me a card with his name misspelled and corrected in pen because the correct ones were still on order.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 02:02 AM   #18
Ona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenlover View Post
Although it’s a very slim chance, it’s still more of a chance than that other guy who walked in with his list of hot watches
Hahahaha...
I was going to make reference to this guy.

Well, I think the OP might be luckier than that dude.
Ona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 02:11 AM   #19
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

You were handled
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 02:20 AM   #20
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

2 things can be true at once. It’s very possible the SA doesn’t have a card yet or ran out, especially since most people just text their number to the customer from personal experience. I doubt cards are being used as much today. Second, it’s likely the SA wasn’t be accurate when they said they could get you that watch soon and they get a lot of them in. Perhaps a rookie mistake or just being nice for the sake of it, without any consideration for the truth.
sportsfan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 03:12 AM   #21
fastrack1
Banned

Got my Starbucks Sub after waiting 6 weeks. Walked into my local AD that I had never visited before, asked to be put on the waiting list and got the call. So it's possible.....
fastrack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 03:34 AM   #22
Francist
Banned

Watch: 116500LN
If lottery tickets have no winner all the time no one would buy them.
SA is lying, but u never know when u get lucky
Francist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 03:52 AM   #23
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry but yes you got brushed aside. WHo knows what she even did with your info. It's a sad state my friend
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 05:51 AM   #24
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

OP
Try your good luck with multiple AD’s. Don’t put all your eggs in this AD’s basket.

A few years ago I called a Patek AD. The salesperson leveled with me and said he just got 2 in, he had deposits for them and off they went. If I wanted to give him a refundable deposit, I could have the next one, so I gave it a try, gave him a deposit. 6 months later he called me with the watch.

Another Patek AD who I bought a diamond wedding band for my wife from, put me on their list. ABout 3 months after the last one that came in, they also called me with the watch.

You never know. The more irons in the fire, the better your chances.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 05:58 AM   #25
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Who on God’s green earth can possibly know if you’ll get a call or not?

You will get it, or not, and your starting a thread on this or any other website, nor a thousand posts of advice, encouragement or pessimism will affect the outcome.
Old 28 August 2021, 06:05 AM   #26
Pinchy
"TRF" Member

Who knows. In general being put on the "waitlist" is the fastest way to get a pesky customer out of their face. I would consider it a brush off. But you can keep trying...
Pinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 06:05 AM   #27
Pinchy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
OP
Try your good luck with multiple AD’s. Don’t put all your eggs in this AD’s basket.

A few years ago I called a Patek AD. The salesperson leveled with me and said he just got 2 in, he had deposits for them and off they went. If I wanted to give him a refundable deposit, I could have the next one, so I gave it a try, gave him a deposit. 6 months later he called me with the watch.

Another Patek AD who I bought a diamond wedding band for my wife from, put me on their list. ABout 3 months after the last one that came in, they also called me with the watch.

You never know. The more irons in the fire, the better your chances.
What watches are we talking about. And how much was that diamond wedding band?
Pinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 06:24 AM   #28
RollieNZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date YG
Those members who are telling us their stories about picking up their requested piece after no purchase history, or just walking into an AD really need to state when this happened.

If they didn't make their purchase within the last 1-2 years then it's not really relevant to the discussion IMO.

2 years ago, or 12 months ago, (hell even 6 months ago!) we were in a totally different world.
RollieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 06:37 AM   #29
JEdwardK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roly25 View Post
I asked her for her card and she sort of blurted back she doesn't have one at the moment, but she will be in touch if they get one in.

I also I live about 2 hours away in a different state and I come in there for work all the time. I told her this, which she said they don't ship out of state and I would have to pick it up. I said no problem.
1. I've talked to many SA's who do not have a business card. Usually it's someone new.

2. You shot yourself in the foot by telling the SA that you are from out of state. Makes it less likely that she's going to call you (if she was ever going to call)
Old 28 August 2021, 06:46 AM   #30
RealMadrid1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona | BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrack1 View Post
Got my Starbucks Sub after waiting 6 weeks. Walked into my local AD that I had never visited before, asked to be put on the waiting list and got the call. So it's possible.....
If this happened exactly as you described (with no extra context), then you got extremely lucky. But sure, anything *can* happen. It's also probably worth noting that there is a lot more wealth in the NYC metro area (and New England generally) than in South Carolina, so there are certainly places (like SC) where this stroke of luck is more likely to occur than others (though still highly unlikely anywhere).

In any case, congratulations on your LV.
RealMadrid1988 is offline   Reply With Quote