The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 24 September 2021, 09:34 PM   #31
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126333
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
I wouldn't sweat the box issue, especially since they are willing to replace it with another fine replica. But if you have any concerns at all with the watch, I concur with Wade (@donas) above - you won't be happy until it's been certified. And the only way to do that is to send it to the RSC. Ask for an estimate for service (the estimate is free) and they will let you know if any parts are not authentic.

Seriously: for the money that you spent, it's worth it for peace of mind. IMHO.
Do the photos lead you to believe the box is a replica? Others seemed to come to the conclusion it’s authentic. Just curious before I speak with them.

And yes, I know my mind will not be 100% at ease until I do that — I completely agree. However I don’t have any “valid” concerns with the watch; there is not a single thing wrong with it or off about it. My mind just can’t help but jump the worst scenario instead of enjoying a good thing.
jbreyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2021, 09:43 PM   #32
midwesterner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreyette View Post
Cushion and inner-tray seem fine as well…. Just the “wave” pattern and the crown falling off has me thrown.
Watch pillow looks legit. I can’t say for sure about the box, but if it’s a TS I wouldn’t sweat it too much. Boxes are often damaged and replaced.
midwesterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2021, 09:49 PM   #33
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterner View Post
Watch pillow looks legit. I can’t say for sure about the box, but if it’s a TS I wouldn’t sweat it too much. Boxes are often damaged and replaced.
It’s a VERY well known TS with over 25 years in the business and a beautiful store location in a nice area where I purchased my watch — recommended by local friends and 100’s of online reviews. Don’t know why I’m so paranoid.
Old 25 September 2021, 12:41 AM   #34
mike morris
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN -116234
on card year was 2017 .
mike morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 01:10 AM   #35
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike morris View Post
on card year was 2017 .
I definitely see 17 over 14. At this point I’m not even sure it’s worth bringing up to them — I just want to stop obsessing in my head and enjoy my watch like I should be doing. Clearly everyone here has said it’s authentic; I don’t want to let a broken logo on a box or date change on a warranty card ruin it for me.
Old 25 September 2021, 01:22 AM   #36
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Box looks just like all my boxes. But the heavy pen and wiggly squiggly on the card would've made me pass. Doesn't look like it was just penned in naturally. Someone went over it, for some reason, perhaps as noted, to change the 4 to a 9.
GGGMT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 01:33 AM   #37
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
Box looks just like all my boxes. But the heavy pen and wiggly squiggly on the card would've made me pass. Doesn't look like it was just penned in naturally. Someone went over it, for some reason, perhaps as noted, to change the 4 to a 9.
I agree. But at this point I am concerned that if I bring it up to the TS they will think I’m just trying to get some type of $ back or something of the sort.
Old 25 September 2021, 01:46 AM   #38
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Julian, this may come off harsh and if so please excuse me as it’s not meant to.

Put the warranty card back in the box with the pillow and all the other stuff, put that box inside the outer box and stuff it in your coat closet. Put your watch on your wrist and wear it everywhere. I understand it’s a pretty sizable purchase and due to all the horror stories you can scroll through on this forum you’re letting your mind run with anything it can find. Don’t be overly critical, it’s a gorgeous watch and deserves to be worn.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 02:45 AM   #39
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
Julian, this may come off harsh and if so please excuse me as it’s not meant to.

Put the warranty card back in the box with the pillow and all the other stuff, put that box inside the outer box and stuff it in your coat closet. Put your watch on your wrist and wear it everywhere. I understand it’s a pretty sizable purchase and due to all the horror stories you can scroll through on this forum you’re letting your mind run with anything it can find. Don’t be overly critical, it’s a gorgeous watch and deserves to be worn.

Mr. Goat, with this comment you are proving your title as “The Goat” lol.

Not harsh at all. In fact, this was exactly what I needed to hear. I did speak with the seller and I’m gonna swing by their shop next week for a new box, which will
then be stuffed deep in a closet.

Thank you to everyone for your help in making my wandering mind come full circle and finally just enjoy my watch.
Old 25 September 2021, 03:25 AM   #40
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Mr. Goat, with this comment you are proving your title as “The Goat” lol.

Not harsh at all. In fact, this was exactly what I needed to hear. I did speak with the seller and I’m gonna swing by their shop next week for a new box, which will
then be stuffed deep in a closet.

Thank you to everyone for your help in making my wandering mind come full circle and finally just enjoy my watch.

MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 04:55 AM   #41
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Box is real Rolex. No need to discuss further.
100% matches several that I received with new watches at two AD's.
Just shove some 5 minute epoxy in the holes and reinstall the emblem.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 05:04 AM   #42
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
Box is real Rolex. No need to discuss further.
100% matches several that I received with new watches at two AD's.
Just shove some 5 minute epoxy in the holes and reinstall the emblem.
Thank you. Yes, I agree no need to discuss further as we’ve solved this issue. Going to mark in thread title.
Old 25 September 2021, 05:18 AM   #43
javier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post

This !!!
javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 08:05 AM   #44
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
The box looks fine but the dots and slash lines seem odd on the date on the warranty card. It's usually one or the other separating the month, day, and year -- not both.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 08:14 AM   #45
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
I definitely see 17 over 14. At this point I’m not even sure it’s worth bringing up to them — I just want to stop obsessing in my head and enjoy my watch like I should be doing. Clearly everyone here has said it’s authentic; I don’t want to let a broken logo on a box or date change on a warranty card ruin it for me.
Was it sold as a 2019 watch? If so, and the card originally said 2014, or has otherwise been tampered with, then you don't have the almost three years left on the warranty that you paid for.
Old 25 September 2021, 08:20 AM   #46
wb55
"TRF" Member

What would RSC do if you sent that watch and the card off for service and the date had been changed? Would they withhold the warranty card, issue a new one?

I'd return purely based on the warranty card.
wb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 08:25 AM   #47
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Was it sold as a 2019 watch? If so, and the card originally said 2014, or has otherwise been tampered with, then you don't have the almost three years left on the warranty that you paid for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb55 View Post
What would RSC do if you sent that watch and the card off for service and the date had been changed? Would they withhold the warranty card, issue a new one?

I'd return purely based on the warranty card.
It was sold as 2019, yes.

When I go to pick up the new box I will show them the card and see what they have to say. I’m not going to return the watch over a warranty card possibly being tampered with though — I’m happy with it and just want to enjoy wearing it.

With my trade-in and cash payment I made out with a good deal, so I’m honestly not too concerned about “paying” for the 5-year warranty, or what was left of it.
Old 25 September 2021, 08:29 AM   #48
wb55
"TRF" Member

Quote:

When I go to pick up the new box I will show them the card and see what they have to say. I’m not going to return the watch over a warranty card possibly being tampered with though — I’m happy with it and just want to enjoy wearing it.
Call or visit RSC first.

I wouldn't touch a watch with doctored papers. Wouldn't even consider it.
Old 25 September 2021, 08:40 AM   #49
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Call or visit RSC first.

I wouldn't touch a watch with doctored papers. Wouldn't even consider it.
I’ll give them a call and see what they have to say, but as long as my watch is authentic, which everyone has confirmed it is, I’m happy.
Old 25 September 2021, 10:56 PM   #50
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
As long as you're happy with the watch without warranty (the date of the original purchase was in 2014 and tampered to 2019), you're OK, I think the watch is authentic.

I don't understand why they changed the date if they are trusted seller.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
, Seiko: SRPA21,
Benzsiam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 02:38 AM   #51
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

With my trade-in and cash payment I made out with a good deal, so I’m honestly not too concerned about “paying” for the 5-year warranty, or what was left of it.
Personally, I’d be wondering what else they “tampered” with. We’re talking 5 years and watch being sold as having an existing warranty.

Giving you the wrong box could be a mistake. Tampered with the date on a warranty card...
Guess there are different definitions of “very reputable”. I’d return the watch regardless of their explanation. Good luck OP.
Old 26 September 2021, 03:03 AM   #52
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Without doubt, The 7 was changed to a 9, on the warranty card. It’s possible the previous owner did that, not the retailer from whom you bought it. So, definitely bring that up. Perhaps they will give you a small refund, since there is only one year of warranty left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 03:07 AM   #53
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
Personally, I’d be wondering what else they “tampered” with. We’re talking 5 years and watch being sold as having an existing warranty.

Giving you the wrong box could be a mistake. Tampered with the date on a warranty card...
Guess there are different definitions of “very reputable”. I’d return the watch regardless of their explanation. Good luck OP.
Thanks for the well wishes — I really just want to enjoy it and move on. Unfortunately proving more difficult than anticipated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Without doubt, The 7 was changed to a 9, on the warranty card. It’s possible the previous owner did that, not the retailer from whom you bought it. So, definitely bring that up. Perhaps they will give you a small refund, since there is only one year of warranty left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree that I see a 7 originally, especially when I look at it in person at different angles. I won’t return the watch over it, but I was thinking the same to maybe get a little $ back at least.
Old 26 September 2021, 03:54 AM   #54
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Mr. Goat has said it all, never mind the warranty, you don’t need it anyway
Old 26 September 2021, 04:06 AM   #55
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Mr. Goat has said it all, never mind the warranty, you don’t need it anyway
Honestly… I concur! Thank you all for the input, I think it’s time we officially consider this case closed.
Old 26 September 2021, 04:08 AM   #56
smym18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Honestly… I concur! Thank you all for the input, I think it’s time we officially consider this case closed.
If my memory is right, the super jubilee was discontinued in 2018. Your watch has the latest clasp on it, which didn't exist in 2017. So whoever wrote on the card could have made a mistake. Maybe now the case is super closed?
smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 04:16 AM   #57
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smym18 View Post
If my memory is right, the super jubilee was discontinued in 2018. Your watch has the latest clasp on it, which didn't exist in 2017. So whoever wrote on the card could have made a mistake. Maybe now the case is super closed?
Totally can’t believe I missed that. When I was doing my research before purchasing I was told by the rep at Tourneau that Super Jubilee was discontinued in 2017, but he could have been off by a year.

Either way, date was either tampered from 2017 to 2019, or to you point maybe just simply a mistake. We are still going with case super closed haha.
Old 26 September 2021, 05:13 AM   #58
wb55
"TRF" Member

This whole thread is an absolute "what the hell".

Doctored warranty card, concerns over the authenticity of the box, questions over the clasp due to the age yet the OP just wants to move on and enjoy the watch.

Should have just bought a loose if you're not bothered about the rest. You would have saved some money.
Old 26 September 2021, 05:38 AM   #59
jbreyette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This whole thread is an absolute "what the hell".

Doctored warranty card, concerns over the authenticity of the box, questions over the clasp due to the age yet the OP just wants to move on and enjoy the watch.

Should have just bought a loose if you're not bothered about the rest. You would have saved some money.
Concerns over authenticity of box were remedied. I don’t see the clasp style as an issue, but quite the opposite. More so proves warranty card wasn’t doctored from 2014, perhaps from 2017. I’m sorry if you feel it’s a “what the hell” type of response, but as others have said it’s rather pointless to overthink it further.

I really do appreciate all the feedback, but at this point it seems like some really would just rather I find flaw in the situation instead of move on and enjoy.

Wishing everyone a great weekend — I’m going to go on and enjoy mine.
Old 26 September 2021, 08:05 AM   #60
tike71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Concerns over authenticity of box were remedied. I don’t see the clasp style as an issue, but quite the opposite. More so proves warranty card wasn’t doctored from 2014, perhaps from 2017. I’m sorry if you feel it’s a “what the hell” type of response, but as others have said it’s rather pointless to overthink it further.
DJ41 came out in 2017 and was the successor to the DJ2. Neither of which ever had the super jubilee.