The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 September 2021, 11:00 AM   #1
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
Breitling new models

Is it just me or does Breitling seem to be flooding the market with new releases this year? The Top Time; Datora; duograph; super chronomat collection; endurance Ironman; superocean pastel collection; the top time corvette/cobra/mustang collection; and now the American Airlines Navitimer.

Not sure what their marketing strategy is.

"Nothing is to too beautiful, nothing is too expensive" Ettore Bugatti.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 12:16 PM   #2
Wkdsid
"TRF" Member

Probably the late push to boost revenue before selling the company to another buyer (which was rumored in the press)

Overall they’ve done very well the past 4 years. Mostly successful releases. The AA navitimer is cheesy, but the rest on that list are cool
Wkdsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 10:34 PM   #3
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

A lot of brands that aren't Rolex, but are priced similarly, have moved to this strategy to keep buyers engaged. IWC, Panerai, Omega all have released watches outside their annual showing. I think part of the reason we have seen more from Breitling lately is due to the fact that they are in the middle of a renaissance and are shifting their lineup to lean more heavily on heritage designs.

Look at what we have seen over the past several years... The SuperOcean Heritage had has extreme success for the brand. Navitimers are fitted with B01 movements and transition back to contrasting dial/subdial layouts to indicate the difference. The wings logo is dropped in favor of the classic "B" on their heritage designs. Breitling ends its relationship with Bentley (which produced some of the most overpolished and oversized designs). The Chronomat is completely redesigned in the same heritage "blueprint." Breitling introduces new models in the Premier line with the Duograph and Datora which are absolute stunners.

Look for Breitling to continue to cut some of the modern edge and lean more heavily on their hybrid modern/heritage designs. The fastest way to do this and change brand direction is to release new models and not wait a year to do so. I think the brand is firing on all cylinders. It's still far from perfect and there are releases which deserve fair criticism, but overall, from where the brand was 7-8 years ago; it's night and day.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 07:58 AM   #4
rand8086
"TRF" Member

Breitling always ended up being a hard pass for me due to size and/or thickness whenever I've tried them on in past years despite quite liking some of their designs otherwise, especially the navitmer. I've seen a lot to like in their new releases this past year, however, and am planning to give them another try sometime in the near future.
rand8086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2021, 10:44 AM   #5
Archetype
"TRF" Member

Icon5

Does anyone know (can send me a pm if here is not allowed) where can I find their new releases at great discounts? I am looking for the gold one as shown in the photo but not looking to purchase it brand new for anything less than 35% off retail. I haven't been able to find any good discounts at the usual places. I really love this design and its thickness is OK as I do like my watch to be on the large side and have some prominence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L1020820.jpg (202.4 KB, 250 views)
Archetype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 12:49 AM   #6
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetype View Post
Does anyone know (can send me a pm if here is not allowed) where can I find their new releases at great discounts? I am looking for the gold one as shown in the photo but not looking to purchase it brand new for anything less than 35% off retail. I haven't been able to find any good discounts at the usual places. I really love this design and its thickness is OK as I do like my watch to be on the large side and have some prominence.
Good luck finding 35%. That’s basically dealer cost after you add in some of their expenses.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 12:51 AM   #7
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetype View Post
How special, let us know when you find 35% off. That's close to AD cost.

Agree, nice looking watch.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 04:39 AM   #8
Archetype
"TRF" Member

Breitling appears to me to be a close out brand or some dealers go out of business and dumb their left over stock on the grey market.

Montredo has the stainless steel version with the blue dial (AB1510171C1P1), brand new+papers+manufacturers warranty for 38% off MSRP so the gold one shouldn't be too far behind in the discount department. I have already enquired about it. I am seriously considering it if it comes with a nearly 40% discount. They informed me that all their stock is either straight from the manufacturer or from authorized dealers.
Old 30 December 2021, 02:20 PM   #9
ks58
Banned

Yea, they've come out with a ton of models and watches lately. Wonder what will be next.
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 03:20 PM   #10
Archetype
"TRF" Member

These new Breitling's at nearly 40% off have got to be a great value for money surely?