The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 February 2014, 01:17 PM   #421
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwf6031 View Post
I have recently purchased a watch from NbTimes after hearing so much gushing reviews of him here.

I was unhappy with how the watch looked in person vs. his photographs and asked for a refund. I offered to pay shipping BOTH ways and he has flat out attacked me, said I was "a waste of time." Very unhappy with dealing with him.

I'm sure he's great if you never have a problem, but his customer service is literally the worst I've ever experienced.
I am assuming your issue was resolved amicably since didn't hear back from you.

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2014, 01:21 PM   #422
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Hi friends, hope you'll are having a great new year and getting over your holidays:), here's the latest update of the list!

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A member (member should not be a commercial seller or dealer here or elsewhere) making a recommendation will require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

Green Star status sellers:

Sellers awaiting one recommendation:
  • N/A

Sellers awaiting recommendations: [Sellers in this list below are Speculative with no prior proven forum member purchase history here, but just good references by hearsay and are yet to be tried and tested by forum regulars]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188,alanski,Vincent65,Mark020,Fro gman4me)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II, Vincent65,Frogman4me)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie,inspires,lasavoldi,vkych oo,Frogman4me)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020,shairan,psv,inspires , RLX-lvr, Beef)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires,Frogman4me , Mark020)
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike)
Jason Graham (learningtofly,alanski,badastronaut)
Derek Dier (ezinternetr,Blassy,sryukon,CdnWatchDoc)
Nick Gogas (77T,Jason71,watchcrank,motoikkyu,bluemartinifan)
Mike Wood (Ross Povey,The Laird)

Beginner reading guide threads (Please feel free to suggest some more here)

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future. So ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Old 19 February 2014, 05:00 PM   #423
magnetized
"TRF" Member

Watch: aHolic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael M. View Post
Ken Jacobs: wannabuyawatch.com
That's where I recently purchased my GMT Master 1675.. Lots of Vintage Rolex, but kinda pricey Though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (122.4 KB, 1318 views)
magnetized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 10:45 PM   #424
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetized View Post
That's where I recently purchased my GMT Master 1675.. Lots of Vintage Rolex, but kinda pricey Though
Nice, thanks for sharing!

Old 26 February 2014, 04:22 AM   #425
Tudor Fan
"TRF" Member

Does anybody has any experience with Alkis Kotsopoulos of Swiss Watch Repair Corp in New york City?
Tudor Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2014, 12:31 PM   #426
rama
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
Hi guys, just thought would be nice to have a list of trusted vintage watch sellers/shops/webistes you have previously purchased from/heard good things about in one place for easy reference. Please add in to the names here along with website/contact info if available so that we don't have to go thru" all the different threads looking for vintage watch seller recommendations.

1) Mark Lerman (mark@webstorm.com)
2) Jed aka Jedly1(http://www.thetimetraveler.co/)
3) Erik Ku (http://10pastten.com/)

** PLEASE NOTE BOTH LERMAN AND MULHOLLAND WERE REMOVED FROM THIS LIST! **
Thanks a lot for providing this information, keep it up.
rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2014, 08:31 PM   #427
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Fan View Post
Does anybody has any experience with Alkis Kotsopoulos of Swiss Watch Repair Corp in New york City?
Sorry, no idea mate though that doesn't mean anything negative about him, ask around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama View Post
Thanks a lot for providing this information, keep it up.
Thanks mate!

Old 17 March 2014, 08:33 PM   #428
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Hi guys, just repasting the list to the bottom of the thread, enjoy!

************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A member (member should not be a commercial seller or dealer here or elsewhere) making a recommendation will require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

• N/A

Sellers awaiting recommendations: [Sellers in this list below are Speculative with no prior proven forum member purchase history here, but just good references by hearsay and are yet to be tried and tested by forum regulars]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires,Frogman4me , Mark020)

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future. So ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Old 19 March 2014, 11:47 PM   #429
descartes
"TRF" Member

I am surprised that Matthew Bain (based in Miami) does not appear on this thread.

www.matthewbaininc.com

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/watch-s...a-photo-report

My understanding is that he is one of the most well-known and reputable guys in the industry.

I bought a Red Sub from him last year which I am really happy with.

Does anyone else have experience buying from Matt?
descartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2014, 12:58 PM   #430
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by descartes View Post
I am surprised that Matthew Bain (based in Miami) does not appear on this thread.

www.matthewbaininc.com

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/watch-s...a-photo-report

My understanding is that he is one of the most well-known and reputable guys in the industry.

I bought a Red Sub from him last year which I am really happy with.

Does anyone else have experience buying from Matt?
Hi mate, thanks for sharing. Not being on this list just means we have received no recommendations for the seller from members here. It doesn't mean that there are no other sellers out there who are good.

Old 23 March 2014, 12:05 AM   #431
lisandrodarica
"TRF" Member

Icon12 list

1) Erik Ku (http://10pastten.com/)
2) Mark Lerman (mark@webstorm.com)
3) Jed aka Jedly1(http://www.thetimetraveler.co/)
4) Steve Mulholland (http://www.mulhollandtime.com/)
5) Mike wood (Www.theoldwatchshop.com )
lisandrodarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2014, 05:22 PM   #432
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Hi guys, just repasting the list to the bottom of the thread, enjoy!

• N/A

Old 17 April 2014, 07:33 PM   #433
smartshoes
"TRF" Member

NB Times Fraud

Please take Ben from NB Times off your list.

We have recently lost a great deal of money through trying to deal with him. His account was hacked and we lost our money, have no watch and he is taking no responsibility.

His site is unsecure, he has been hacked and his website has recently been down.

This is backed up by Chrono 24 who put us in contact.

I have a thread over in the Watchout section seeking advice but sadly this has been shut down as TRF does not get involved but I would still like any advice on this matter. Save yourself the heartache and dont make the mistake we did.

NBTIMES = DISASTER
smartshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2014, 09:32 PM   #434
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartshoes View Post
Please take Ben from NB Times off your list.

We have recently lost a great deal of money through trying to deal with him. His account was hacked and we lost our money, have no watch and he is taking no responsibility.

His site is unsecure, he has been hacked and his website has recently been down.

This is backed up by Chrono 24 who put us in contact.

I have a thread over in the Watchout section seeking advice but sadly this has been shut down as TRF does not get involved but I would still like any advice on this matter. Save yourself the heartache and dont make the mistake we did.

NBTIMES = DISASTER

Just read your thread in the Watchout section. Sorry to hear the situation you have gotten into, a tough predicament really. I hope the police can help and advice with how to recover your money, sincerely hope you get it back. Maybe NBTimes and Chrono24 too can file a police complaint themselves in an attempt to nab the perpetrators who hacked their accounts and to help you recover the money. The criminals who do this are possibly well organised syndicates who are experts at covering their tracks.

Old 18 April 2014, 03:43 PM   #435
smartshoes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just read your thread in the Watchout section. Sorry to hear the situation you have gotten into, a tough predicament really. I hope the police can help and advice with how to recover your money, sincerely hope you get it back. Maybe NBTimes and Chrono24 too can file a police complaint themselves in an attempt to nab the perpetrators who hacked their accounts and to help you recover the money. The criminals who do this are possibly well organised syndicates who are experts at covering their tracks.
Yes thanks mate.

I have been in contact with Chrono 24 (the cel of the company called me yesterday which was a very decent thing to do) and they are trying to help. Unfortunately NB Times have ignored all contact that I have tried to make and are trying to ignore me into submission. I think this may be a case where NB Times has had their account hacked, but it is a warning that some of these dealer sites are not secure. I think I have little hope of getting the funds back, but hopefully NB Times can come to that party and help as it was their business model which failed in this case.

I have notified, my bank, and the bank the transaction was made to, the FBI and I am about to do the same with Interpol as some suggested on the last thread. Unfortunately I have little hope of getting the funds back, but may be surprised that NB Times and Chrono 24 want to protect their reputations so may help somehow.

Thanks for your thoughts, and you cannot be too careful if buying online.

If buying request pics of the watch with a name or code that you give the dealer so you know if is a fresh pic, and try and use paypal or another secondary financial party. Double double check... but still be careful.

I will update you with any new information as it comes.
Old 19 April 2014, 06:18 PM   #436
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartshoes View Post
Yes thanks mate.

I have been in contact with Chrono 24 (the cel of the company called me yesterday which was a very decent thing to do) and they are trying to help. Unfortunately NB Times have ignored all contact that I have tried to make and are trying to ignore me into submission. I think this may be a case where NB Times has had their account hacked, but it is a warning that some of these dealer sites are not secure. I think I have little hope of getting the funds back, but hopefully NB Times can come to that party and help as it was their business model which failed in this case.

I have notified, my bank, and the bank the transaction was made to, the FBI and I am about to do the same with Interpol as some suggested on the last thread. Unfortunately I have little hope of getting the funds back, but may be surprised that NB Times and Chrono 24 want to protect their reputations so may help somehow.

Thanks for your thoughts, and you cannot be too careful if buying online.

If buying request pics of the watch with a name or code that you give the dealer so you know if is a fresh pic, and try and use paypal or another secondary financial party. Double double check... but still be careful.

I will update you with any new information as it comes.

All the best, hope it all works out for you, do let us know how you go and thanks for the advice. I will flag a warning in the list to beware of dealing with hacked emails and websites. Don't let your Rolex dream die because of that bad experience getting scammed though, hang around on this forum and the helpful members here can assist you in finding a nice one!

Cheers

Old 21 April 2014, 03:39 PM   #437
smartshoes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
All the best, hope it all works out for you, do let us know how you go and thanks for the advice. I will flag a warning in the list to beware of dealing with hacked emails and websites. Don't let your Rolex dream die because of that bad experience getting scammed though, hang around on this forum and the helpful members here can assist you in finding a nice one!

Cheers
Cheers Cruvon,
It has not stopped the itch, but certainly made me weary of the process.
It may take a while (and some saving) to ever get back on the horse.
Thanks.
Old 13 May 2014, 09:19 PM   #438
Ivanamarie
"TRF" Member

Hey everyone! I need your help guys to determine what year is my rolex

Sent from my iPhone
Ivanamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2014, 11:51 AM   #439
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanamarie View Post
Hey everyone! I need your help guys to determine what year is my rolex

Sent from my iPhone
Glad to help, post a new thread with pictures of your watch and first few digits of your serial number which are located between the lugs(seen when you take the bracelet off).

Old 19 May 2014, 09:22 AM   #440
EEParker
"TRF" Member

Picked up my 16750 at Wanna Buy a Watch (Ken Jacobs) earlier this week. Probably the best vintage Rolex selection in Los Angeles with super knowledgable staff. Website could use some work but I highly recommend them, especially if you can check out the store, which is stocked with incredible watches.
EEParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2014, 10:09 PM   #441
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEParker View Post
Picked up my 16750 at Wanna Buy a Watch (Ken Jacobs) earlier this week. Probably the best vintage Rolex selection in Los Angeles with super knowledgable staff. Website could use some work but I highly recommend them, especially if you can check out the store, which is stocked with incredible watches.
Thanks for sharing!

Old 22 May 2014, 11:13 AM   #442
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Hi guys, posting the list with a note added to beware of dealing with hacked accounts and websites when dealing with sellers

• N/A

Hacked Accounts: There have been some instances when sellers accounts (websites and emails) have been hacked into and used by criminals to dupe buyers. Please try atleast making a phone call to the dealer besides the usual email communication before sending funds out to reduce the risk of being duped and ensure you are dealing with the right person.

Old 4 June 2014, 12:29 AM   #443
tantovincoio
"TRF" Member

I bought several times from this italian great dealer and friend :
Roberto Randazzo NewOldTime http://www.newoldtime.it/ aka "Jatucka "on VRF,O&P etc etc
100% guarateed
tantovincoio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2014, 02:01 PM   #444
sink1joe
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6238 & 6265
I see that Ken at wannabuyawatch has had a couple of hits but is not listed with a green * accidental omission??

Totally good guys! Have bought 6 Rolexes from him. Clean!!!
sink1joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2014, 09:57 AM   #445
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantovincoio View Post
I bought several times from this italian great dealer and friend :
Roberto Randazzo NewOldTime http://www.newoldtime.it/ aka "Jatucka "on VRF,O&P etc etc
100% guarateed
Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink1joe View Post
I see that Ken at wannabuyawatch has had a couple of hits but is not listed with a green * accidental omission??

Totally good guys! Have bought 6 Rolexes from him. Clean!!!
Thanks for the referral, will check if he fits the criteria for being in the green star list. I need 3 referrals having a minimum of 50 posts each from regular posters in the vintage Rolex section for inclusion.

Old 8 June 2014, 10:35 AM   #446
sheldonsmith
2024 Pledge Member

Jacek, Eric Ku, and Josh at Fourtané are my go to guys. Josh and Eric are good friends, and Jacek used to work with Eric.
Old 8 June 2014, 12:49 PM   #447
sink1joe
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6238 & 6265
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the referral, will check if he fits the criteria for being in the green star list. I need 3 referrals having a minimum of 50 posts each from regular posters in the vintage Rolex section for inclusion.
Got it.. and understood! Will post often and buy more from him
sink1joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2014, 09:51 PM   #448
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Any one ever deal with Mark Gonzales in London?
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2014, 12:47 PM   #449
aardvarkbark
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Fan View Post
Not for vintage Rolex, but he is the sole certified watchmaker for Lange & Sohne and Moser in the US (maybe North America). The Lange crowd is very familiar with him and he is very highly regarded not just for his excellent repair work, but for his honesty and integrity as well.
aardvarkbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2014, 09:09 PM   #450
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink1joe View Post
Got it.. and understood! Will post often and buy more from him
Cheers Joe, looking forward to more posts from you!