The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 July 2014, 10:40 PM   #121
smc23
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
The BLNR is neither a fad nor the next iconic GMT-Master. It is, however, a very nice Rolex.
Time will only tell. With the amount of advertising I see by Rolex on the BLNR and the popularity of this model, it just may be an iconic GMT one day alongside the other ones.
smc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2014, 12:44 AM   #122
michel33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gte217e View Post
I went to a local Rolex store in Wynwood, Miami. I was told they have no idea when they would get the watch in and the best thing to do is to pre-pay for it.
I typically do not like paying that much for something I can't hold at that moment. So I told the guy to call me when it comes in. He said okay.
3 weeks later I go back to the store (I was at a restaurant across the way) and asked about the watch. They said they have no idea when they'll get them.
The next day I get a call, "we got them in, see you soon."
So I came in, one was pre-sold, the other was kindly set aside for me.

I am a blue jeans / black shirt / sneakers kind of person. The watch spoke to me. It said, "buy me now." So I did.

This is my first "sport watch" and I think it's fantastic. Not only does it match my typical outfits, but it's not as blingy as my Datejust II with the fluted bezel.

Also, I am not into fads and I am not trendy. My jeans are Levi's and not designer. The BLNR is a good looking functional watch with just the right amount of color. How can that be a fad?

This is the kind of testimony I like to read on TRF, whatever the watch is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piloto View Post
There are Coke people, Pepsi people, Classic people, and now BLNR people.

We are here to stay.
Yes we are.
michel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2014, 01:01 AM   #123
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Had it almost 3 months and it's my favorite watch at the moment, I sometimes put my sub or Pam 233 but they get 30% wrist time, the BLNR gets 70%, the others are in the bank and get 0%. So for me it's a great watch, I don't like at all the usual GMT, but this one I like a lot. The next Rolex on stand by is the Hulk I guess when I get it wrist time will be 50% Hulk, 50% BLNR...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2014, 01:11 AM   #124
Randy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Panerai
Will be as common as black ceramic GMT eventually, how long that will take is anyone's guess. Maybe Rolex will offer up a coke or something new at next Basel show.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2014, 02:30 AM   #125
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
tried it on next to a black exp2. preferred the exp2. As much as I love the look of a gmt 2, the small size will keep it off my wrist. I would not expect the next gmt 2 to be any less than 42mm. So, will it be coveted? Amongst WIS, yes. Amongst those in under 40? Not so much.
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2014, 02:58 AM   #126
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
tried it on next to a black exp2. preferred the exp2. As much as I love the look of a gmt 2, the small size will keep it off my wrist. I would not expect the next gmt 2 to be any less than 42mm. So, will it be coveted? Amongst WIS, yes. Amongst those in under 40? Not so much.
Some of us WiS are under 40 I'm 26 and the gmt is one of my favorites size wise. (7.5 wrist for reference)

It may be a long wait before we see a new case on the gmt2. But hey, with Rolex you just don't know what they are plotting.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2014, 03:20 AM   #127
Tseg
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Will be as common as black ceramic GMT eventually, how long that will take is anyone's guess. Maybe Rolex will offer up a coke or something new at next Basel show.
I never ever considered a Rolex but was attracted to the look of the Polar EXP II, also I really wanted a GMT function because I travel a lot and liked how the Rolex movement moved the hour hand vs. GMT hand in hour increments. Ultimately I wanted a moveable bezel so I knew EXP II would not be my first Rolex. I then saw the GMT black bezel. While it functionally had everything I needed it just lacked any excitement for me. It did not seem unique. There are lots of watches in market that have a similar look, which is also why I've not been attracted to the Sub.

I kind of gave up on Rolex but a few days later stumbled upon the BLNR. I could not believe how just the little splash of color completely changed my attitude... and this watch was a $1500 premium vs. a black bezel GMT in the open market! Still I could not hold myself back. While in number it may be as available as the black bezel GMT some day I find it to be a very different watch. The Pepsi, while nice, is just a bit too retro and bold for me. The Coke is more to my liking but I definitely prefer blue to red on a watch. Don't get me wrong, I like all these a lot, but from a prioritization standpoint of doling out lumps of $7K - $9K chunks of change, the BLNR remains on top.
Tseg is offline   Reply With Quote