The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 October 2018, 03:02 AM   #1
kentheevil
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Advice needed!

So when I thought my direction one clear and certain that'll be picking up a d-blue dssd soon. I went to AP boutique and tried on a couple of AP yesterday. Now I'm back to a dilemma again 🤦*♀️ The 44mm was always a grail the presence on the wrist is crazy I've always wanted one. However, my wrist is a bit too small for it and suit the 42 better. Now I'm not sure where I should be heading ignore the fact that it'll be too big for my wrist ? Or just keep my current watch I'm happy with and add the dssd. Honestly a sensible option is to trade my greytheme for a rg 42 however, lately I've note been wearing my 42 just because I'm a bit too worried about it scratching while the rg daytona and hulk are taking most wrist time. What's ur thoughts? Does anyway have a 42mm rg and how does it take scratches or 44mm on a small wrist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kentheevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 06:52 AM   #2
Colin W
"TRF" Member

Go with the 44RG on a small strap - but I think you already know that.

I think the non ceramic bez ROO will always take a ding or two if you are not extremely careful.

Old 8 October 2018, 07:27 AM   #3
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

My .02, the 44mm is way too big. 42mm looks like it's cutting it close but I think you would be ok there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 08:00 AM   #4
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Ken in the 1st pic does look big but not totally OTT, however in the 3rd it looks a lot better

Thing is it’s meant to be a big watch with a presence! That’s the idea and for someone to make a 44ROO fit their wrist like you’d expect a Sub or Royal Oak too you’d need to have arms like King Kong

Personally feel the 41mm RO looks worse on a smaller wrist then the 44ROO, it’s all about design and the ROO is designed to wear big.

As long as the fit feels good to you then go for it!

Sometimes you have to go big or go home
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 09:48 AM   #5
Gh0st0
"TRF" Member

Go balls to the wall, 15407!
Gh0st0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 10:26 AM   #6
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
The 44 looks a touch big - but from close up wrist shots, it almost always will. More relevant to how it wears is how large you are overall.

For reference, I’ve got 7” wrists, but am a pretty big guy and the 44 wears perfectly (IMHO...but anyone who disagrees with me on this is clearly wrong :-) )

Looks large in the shot below, but looks fine when you step back a couple of feet

Have you tried the DSSD? I have one and it gets a good amount of wrist time, but is honestly my least comfortable watch and I would have thought that it would be really hard to get it sized properly on a wrist any smaller than 7”

HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote