The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 27 March 2016, 07:44 AM   #1
jmorin28
"TRF" Member

Unique servicing question.

Hi this is my very first post representing my first Rolex time piece which is a new ceramic sub date. I have a question regarding servicing and what servicing means for the condition of the movement. I have searched through the many servicing topics and cannot get a answer regarding my curiousity. Here goes. Does servicing bring the condition of the movement back to brand new? Lets say I have two watches. Watch #1 is a 3135 movement serviced every 5 years for 20 years. Watch 2 is a 3135 never serviced for 20 years. If I have watch #2 serviced for the first time aftwr 20 years will it be in the exact same condition as the watch serviced every 5 years? Lets say I have the money and ask the independant watch maker with a parts to replace the movement altogether? Will they do it? Thanks for answers.
jmorin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2016, 07:18 PM   #2
SearChart
TechXpert

The movement will never be new again, but parts with too much wear will be replaced and after a good clean and new oil the watch that ran for 20 years will keep just as good time as the new one. I recently serviced my old Omega which had water damage and kept very poor time, sure the movement doesn't look new but it keeps great time, within COSC rating. And that thing is almost 50 years old.
If a movement gets serviced every 5-10 years it should last way more than a lifetime.

Oh and yes, enough money can get you a new movement, but why would you even want that.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote