The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 August 2018, 10:04 PM   #31
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampashooter View Post
Mayors Tampa is a great AD. My AD. Great employees. Suffering at the hands of Rolex or whomever is to blame for the current nonsense.

When I’m going in there. my salesman knows ahead of time, because we probably texted 5 times that day.

Know this. As mad as some here may be about availability, it’s ten fold that for the salesmen.
I don't blame their sales team, it has to be extremely frustrating. I have had nothing but great service from Mayors. This is strictly a Rolex issue.
Old 21 August 2018, 10:46 PM   #32
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdelious View Post
I figured there was nothing to see or try on. My only interest right now is a no date Sub and guessing there was not one in inventory. I haven't bought a watch from that store in about 5 years and didn't see my normal sales person.

It looks totally unprofessional to have display cases empty IMO, could almost be perceived as the store going out of business. And I know that's not the AD's fault and they feel the brunt of it.
confused as to why you dont just make the drive to orlando and pick one up from david?

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 10:49 PM   #33
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

AD in Tampa

Quote:
I figured there was nothing to see or try on. My only interest right now is a no date Sub and guessing there was not one in inventory. I haven't bought a watch from that store in about 5 years and didn't see my normal sales person.

It looks totally unprofessional to have display cases empty IMO, could almost be perceived as the store going out of business. And I know that's not the AD's fault and they feel the brunt of it.

Quote:
I don't blame their sales team, it has to be extremely frustrating. I have had nothing but great service from Mayors. This is strictly a Rolex issue.

There is always the chance it is purposeful since that is a Mall location. Those locations are susceptible to the rise in smash-grab thieves.

All the ADs have a problem keeping the new popular Professional models in stock but they likely have many DJs and PM models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 11:14 PM   #34
Tampashooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
There is always the chance it is purposeful since that is a Mall location. Those locations are susceptible to the rise in smash-grab thieves.

All the ADs have a problem keeping the new popular Professional models in stock but they likely have many DJs and PM models.

There are tons of DJ41 and PM on display.
Tampashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 11:21 PM   #35
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampashooter View Post
There are tons of DJ41 and PM on display.

Thanks I thought they had decent stocking.

Maybe just the time of day affected what was out on display. I know my local AD brings it all back into the safe at day’s end. And it sometimes takes a couple of hours to get it all back out into the cases after opening each day.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2018, 12:17 AM   #36
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
confused as to why you dont just make the drive to orlando and pick one up from david?
That is probably what I will end up doing when I finally decide to pull the trigger.
Old 22 August 2018, 12:19 AM   #37
captainron62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King 40mm
Quote:
That is probably what I will end up doing when I finally decide to pull the trigger.
That is exactly what I did two weeks ago and honestly after dealing with DAVIDSW, I really don't anticipate dealing with an AD in the future.
captainron62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2018, 12:49 AM   #38
bullsfan01
"TRF" Member

This is the exact store I purchased my Kermit at, and at the time they took trades. I went back several years later and their policies changed, no more trades and the salesman that I dealt with was no longer there, I don't think it was related. Since this time I have shy away from them as they are corporate. I go to Harold Freemans in Belleair (AD), since it's closer to home and they have always had what I've wanted or service needs. People there are friendly and very knowledgeable about Rolex.
bullsfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2018, 02:43 AM   #39
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:

I bought a Sub from David this past weekend, slightly used, looked new some stickers. He had a new one in stock and several used ones that were in new condition. Always wanted a Sub after having several Sub Dates in different forms. I was very happy with the purchase and the whole experience.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2018, 11:06 AM   #40
The Watchmaven
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub
Harold Freeman Jewelers are Patek and Rolex Ads. A real watch shop and not a store. Check out their Facebook page.
The Watchmaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2018, 05:45 AM   #41
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Well I guess the Rolex strategy worked on me. I just ordered a new DJ41
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2018, 01:30 PM   #42
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchmaven View Post
Harold Freeman Jewelers are Patek and Rolex Ads. A real watch shop and not a store. Check out their Facebook page.
That is the perfect product mix to carry as an AD. The top 2 brands in the market and nothing else....great work on their part.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2018, 01:46 PM   #43
webprotege
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Should have mentioned what you wanted while in there as their Orlando (Millenia) location texted me Tuesday as they had a 114060 arrive. I passed. Ring them up and see if it is still in the system for transfer. Worst case is a no.
webprotege is offline   Reply With Quote