The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 11 December 2017, 09:09 AM   #1
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

FS: Rolex 16800 Submariner Date circa 1984 w/Box, Papers, RSC Service

For Sale:
Rolex 16800 Submariner Date transition model. Serial number 8.4 million is from the year 1984. Comes with box, papers, and warranty card from having been serviced at the Rolex Service Center in 2012 (warranty is expired). During this service, a new dial, hands, bezel insert, and laser etched crystal were installed. Since this watch most likely had a gloss dial to begin with, the appearance isn't significantly different from original and you gain alot of functionality with the new parts.

Condition:
Overall condition is excellent, approximately 91-92% according to the TimeZone guidelines. This is a very clean watch with really no noticeable scratches or nicks. However, there is some wear to the insides of the lugs. Bracelet is a correct 93150 oyster with fliplock that is several years newer then the watch itself (clasp code "O") but does have the original 593 endlinks. Bracelet has 11 links total which is 1 link short. There is some stretch present as you can see, but lots of life remains. I tested this watch on a timegrapher machine and it's running perfectly at +/- 0 seconds per day with >300 degrees amplitude with the dial facing up.

Accessories:
Includes outer box, inner box, original warranty paper, warranty card from RSC service, and rare early style Submariner booklet. Please note that the inner box is the shorter of the two versions - I'm not sure if this was a mismatch from the original authorized dealer or what happened.

Price & Terms:
$5995 includes domestic (USA) overnight shipping with insurance. Bank wire preferred but paypal plus fees may be considered if buyer has good references. I am open to realistic trades for Rolex or Tudor only. No offers to trade other brands, please.

As far as my references, I have completed dozens of transactions with forum members and substantial positive feedback can be located by searching for my username "NKflyer" online or in the "who's who" section here on the forum. Please inquire if further info is needed regarding references.

I do not accept returns unless watch is significantly not as depicted. Private message or email nkflyer@earthlink.net is the best way to contact me. Thanks!

NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2017, 02:45 AM   #2
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Bump!
Old 19 December 2017, 01:10 AM   #3
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Wow, I'm surprised this is still here?
Old 21 December 2017, 02:59 PM   #4
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

C'mon, you know you want this for Christmas and I can get it there in time too!
Old 28 December 2017, 01:01 AM   #5
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Big price reduction: Now $5795 shipped!
Old 3 January 2018, 01:18 PM   #6
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Still available for $5795 or best reasonable offer.