ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6 June 2018, 09:34 PM   #17
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Omega Water Resistance..

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post

Wouldn't water get past perished gaskets without all this swimming and springboard diving misinfo?

My comment was illustrative and refers to how pressure affects water resistance. We all know depth in water increases pressure on us and our watches. A gasket that may be hardened from age could resist simple contact with static water. But the same gasket under pressure would allow water to intrude, don’t you agree?

Now apply some physics of pressure at sea level. You’re washing your car with a Sub on your wrist. The same perished - my word for that hardened gasket - piece of material may resist the splashed droplets of water your watch encountered. But set your hose nozzle for maximum and blast it against your wrist and the increased pressure may allow water to pass the hardened gasket.

Now let’s move to the pool. The moment of inertia climaxing in contact with water increases pressure on a swimmers watch. The energy of the stroke - slow is less, fast and furious is more - into pressure waves in a similar fashion of my car washing example. Diving from a 1m springboard has one effect and diving from a 10m board increases that pressure.

Pressure is the enemy of water resistance - hope my examples helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote