The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 September 2019, 03:54 AM   #1
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Navitimer Cosmonaute MB0210B6/BC79

I need help from you guys in buying a second hand Breitling. I don't have experience in this brand, and your help is much appreciated. Would you buy a Navitimer Cosmonaute MB0210B6/BC79 limited edition 2014 for $4,250.

Is it a good deal, bad deal, or a great deal. What should I look for in the watch? any problems with this model?
APPRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 04:48 AM   #2
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

I'm not familiar with the specific reference

Second hand breitlings are a great deal due to the value loss the brand experiences in the secondary market

Do your due diligence to make sure you are getting what you pay for..

For cost, unless the reference is very limited, a search on the major watch seller sites should help you figure out expected value.

There are lots of fake breitlings, but they are not super high quality and figuring out if you have a real or fake should be possible from pictures imo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
ricardo-sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 03:54 PM   #3
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPRF View Post
I need help from you guys in buying a second hand Breitling. I don't have experience in this brand, and your help is much appreciated. Would you buy a Navitimer Cosmonaute MB0210B6/BC79 limited edition 2014 for $4,250.

Is it a good deal, bad deal, or a great deal. What should I look for in the watch? any problems with this model?

This is the all black dial and black steel case Cosmonaute. If it is authentic, that price is very good; however, the very good price is leading me to conclude that this is a transaction you need to be careful with.

Photo credit: Jomashop

arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 05:07 PM   #4
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo-sf View Post
I'm not familiar with the specific reference

Second hand breitlings are a great deal due to the value loss the brand experiences in the secondary market

Do your due diligence to make sure you are getting what you pay for..

For cost, unless the reference is very limited, a search on the major watch seller sites should help you figure out expected value.

There are lots of fake breitlings, but they are not super high quality and figuring out if you have a real or fake should be possible from pictures imo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.
Old 26 September 2019, 05:15 PM   #5
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
This is the all black dial and black steel case Cosmonaute. If it is authentic, that price is very good; however, the very good price is leading me to conclude that this is a transaction you need to be careful with.

Photo credit: Jomashop

I can actually check the watch, and it comes with papers. This is a limited edition of 1000, and as you said the price is very good. Is the price so low because the carbon finish isn't popular on Breitlings, or is it because it doesn't come with a bracelet, and Breitling buyers love their bracelets?

I just want to buy one watch which represents the Breitling brand. Can this be it in your opinion?
Old 26 September 2019, 05:19 PM   #6
APPRF
"TRF" Member

The question is for everyone who can help. Can this be the one watch I can buy which best represents the Breitling brand?
Old 26 September 2019, 07:02 PM   #7
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can actually check the watch, and it comes with papers.
Papers are not necessarily an automatic sign that the watch is genuine, but if you have an experienced watchmaker that can do a validation, that would be good.

Quote:
This is a limited edition of 1000, and as you said the price is very good. Is the price so low because the carbon finish isn't popular on Breitlings, or is it because it doesn't come with a bracelet, and Breitling buyers love their bracelets?

Limited Edition rarely translates to greater desirability or better prices with Breitling.

I don’t know why the price is so low - only the seller can answer you that. I suspect it’s because there is possibly something wrong, but I have no idea what that is. It could also be that the buyer is motivated to sell for some other reason, sometimes debt.

Cases made out of exotic materials or coated steel are not always popular with any brand, and while Breitling bracelets are nice, many people don't like them either. The lack of a bracelet can net a saving over a watch with a bracelet, anything up to US$500ish, but this watch is priced well below that margin.

Quote:
I just want to buy one watch which represents the Breitling brand. Can this be it in your opinion?
Arguably, the watch that best represents the Breitling brand is a reverse-panda dialed Navitimer from any era. However, there are other watches in their current and past collections that some would say is also a good or better representation. Watches like the SuperOcean Heritage and ChronoMat come to mind. In the end, though, you should buy what you like, and if you like this watch, and it checks out, this could be the one to buy.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 10:47 PM   #8
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'd stick with the regular Navitimer if that's what you're looking for. You should be able to find a deal similar on a preowned Navi with the in-house movement.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote