The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 March 2019, 07:28 AM   #1
makrxx
Banned

Rolex in Doha

Anyone knows what’s the situation here, don’t suppose there’s any SS going around?

Which Rolex store is worth going anyway, Lagoona mall?
makrxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 07:50 AM   #2
987fanatic
"TRF" Member

The AirPort has a few SS last time I stopped by (2 weeks ago).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
987fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 04:01 PM   #3
makrxx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 987fanatic View Post
The AirPort has a few SS last time I stopped by (2 weeks ago).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s interesting. I passed by a week ago and the guy said we stopped selling SS.
Old 17 March 2019, 12:39 AM   #4
ScottishSubby
"TRF" Member

No chance here unless you are a local. Been on a waiting list for two years went in coming up for two year and told still 100 ahead on the waiting list.
Then you go out to Instagram and there is someone selling Daytona’s, Pepsi, Hulks and Batman’s all above retails. Another two while Daytona’s appeared today, bought yesterday from the AD yesterday - asking price £17000.
ScottishSubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 01:08 AM   #5
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Forget it
In-Cog-Neeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 01:23 AM   #6
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSubby View Post
No chance here unless you are a local. Been on a waiting list for two years went in coming up for two year and told still 100 ahead on the waiting list.
Then you go out to Instagram and there is someone selling Daytona’s, Pepsi, Hulks and Batman’s all above retails. Another two while Daytona’s appeared today, bought yesterday from the AD yesterday - asking price £17000.
Exactly, shortage my a#$....
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 09:02 PM   #7
Remi B
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712/1A
Was in the Lagoona Mall boutique yesterday evening. Had loads of TT Subs, GMT Masters and Daytonas. For Steel Sports, they had an Explorer and Yachtmasters in Blue and Silver dial. Plenty of Steel Datejusts as well.

No chance for steel Subs, GMTs or Daytonas of course.
Remi B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 09:20 PM   #8
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Its the same everywhere. The situation has gotten out of control. I just wish all of this madness ends soon. Its actually putting off so many new customers of Rolex now surely its going to hurt them long term. I know plenty of people that have been turned off the entire brand due to the situation.

Walk in ANY AD there is absolutely nothing. Walk 15mins up the road to a gray dealer they have 5 x Hulks, 5 x BLNRs, 5 x Pepsi, 5 x Daytona's etc etc....there is definitely NO shortage of these pieces just everyone is in it to make money in the current bubble.

Honestly I cant wait for it for burst.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 09:55 PM   #9
Pangit
"TRF" Member

I live in Doha. Not much chance in the airport store but the lagoona mall AD does have stock coming through. It does help if you have a purchase history with them. I managed to get a Submariner last month which took a week after my initial enquiry. Four of my friends have also picked up black bay 58’s in the last two months.
Pangit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 10:02 PM   #10
ScottishSubby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi B View Post
Was in the Lagoona Mall boutique yesterday evening. Had loads of TT Subs, GMT Masters and Daytonas. For Steel Sports, they had an Explorer and Yachtmasters in Blue and Silver dial. Plenty of Steel Datejusts as well.

No chance for steel Subs, GMTs or Daytonas of course.
They had a Black Explorer II in last month I was going to buy it but the salesman told me he could get me a GMT the following week. And guess what - no GMT appeared.

Have to admit I find the shop at Lagoona Mall very off-putting, the sales assistants almost laugh at you when you ask if they have any SS models in stock and don't want to speak to you / build a relationship. Then a local walks in and they are all over them. Very poor customer service / brand ambassador skills.

Luckily, have had good experiences with other Rolex ADs so not being put off.
Old 17 March 2019, 11:06 PM   #11
zeeww
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They had a Black Explorer II in last month I was going to buy it but the salesman told me he could get me a GMT the following week. And guess what - no GMT appeared.

Have to admit I find the shop at Lagoona Mall very off-putting, the sales assistants almost laugh at you when you ask if they have any SS models in stock and don't want to speak to you / build a relationship. Then a local walks in and they are all over them. Very poor customer service / brand ambassador skills.

Luckily, have had good experiences with other Rolex ADs so not being put off.
Couldn’t agree more. Although it was over 2 years ago when i visited Lagoona Mall they were really clear that they weren’t interested, not even paying lip service to have a quick chat.

On the other hand, i’ve had great customer service with the Salwa Road branch, regardless of what stock levels they’ve got.
zeeww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2019, 12:56 AM   #12
ScottishSubby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeww View Post
Couldn’t agree more. Although it was over 2 years ago when i visited Lagoona Mall they were really clear that they weren’t interested, not even paying lip service to have a quick chat.

On the other hand, i’ve had great customer service with the Salwa Road branch, regardless of what stock levels they’ve got.
Yeah I got a couple of Tudor’s off them and they were great.
Old 18 March 2019, 03:21 AM   #13
makrxx
Banned

Was in the Lagoona Mall store today. Like the above posts, not a good experience with the service. They’ve a DJ41 in Blue dial (which I diddnt see in the window of at least 10 ADs in in London).
Old 18 March 2019, 03:22 AM   #14
makrxx
Banned

Was in the Lagoona Mall store today. Like the above posts, not a good experience with the service. They’ve a DJ41 in Blue dial (which I diddnt see in the window of at least 10 ADs in in London).
Old 18 March 2019, 06:22 AM   #15
Capcy
"TRF" Member

Couldn’t agree anymore appalling customer service been in a few times and the lagoona branch are awful.
Capcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 02:23 PM   #16
bprince92
"TRF" Member

I have a family member who has moved to Doha and is living there now. I have asked them to try and get a Hulk, any advice regarding which AD we may have the best luck with?
bprince92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 02:25 PM   #17
ozwatchguy
"TRF" Member

I was passing through the airport and there was a sub date on display, I walked in tried it on and didn’t buy it. That’s was August 2016 not sure it’s still there..
ozwatchguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 02:37 PM   #18
ScottishSubby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprince92 View Post
I have a family member who has moved to Doha and is living there now. I have asked them to try and get a Hulk, any advice regarding which AD we may have the best luck with?
There is only one AD in Doha with two locations so no real choice to be honest. Get your family member to befriend a high up local who buys lots of watches / jewelry from the shop is the best chance.

A colleague, who has bought from the local AD in the past, wanted to get a Sky-Dweller. He contacted them this weekend and was told 'no-chance' not even allowed to be put on a waiting list as there was no point.

As i said above really appalled by the 'Customer Service' in Doha.
Old 26 March 2019, 02:42 PM   #19
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
Doha Airport? Zero chance. I just walk in and walk out when I fly through. It's been years for me since I've picked anything up from there.
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 02:56 PM   #20
bprince92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There is only one AD in Doha with two locations so no real choice to be honest. Get your family member to befriend a high up local who buys lots of watches / jewelry from the shop is the best chance.

A colleague, who has bought from the local AD in the past, wanted to get a Sky-Dweller. He contacted them this weekend and was told 'no-chance' not even allowed to be put on a waiting list as there was no point.

As i said above really appalled by the 'Customer Service' in Doha.
Thanks for the reply, but ouch that sounds pretty tough then.
I think there is 3 ADs now in Doha, 2 of them are the same retailer like you said.

I guess we will see how it goes, and fingers crossed.
Old 26 March 2019, 04:50 PM   #21
ScottishSubby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, but ouch that sounds pretty tough then.
I think there is 3 ADs now in Doha, 2 of them are the same retailer like you said.

I guess we will see how it goes, and fingers crossed.
There are two ADs outlets in Doha owned by 51 East, one in Lagoona Mall the other on Salwa Road. There is a third shop in the airport owned by the same people but don't really count that one as it is just luck if you happen to be passing.

The Rolex site shows a third AD in the Gate Mall - this is actually in Kuwait not Doha. It is a mistake.
Old 26 March 2019, 05:22 PM   #22
bprince92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There are two ADs outlets in Doha owned by 51 East, one in Lagoona Mall the other on Salwa Road. There is a third shop in the airport owned by the same people but don't really count that one as it is just luck if you happen to be passing.

The Rolex site shows a third AD in the Gate Mall - this is actually in Kuwait not Doha. It is a mistake.
Oh fair enough yeah I couldn't find any information on the Gate Mall store.
Thanks for your help, and hopefully we can get a Hulk.
Old 26 March 2019, 07:57 PM   #23
ScottishSubby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh fair enough yeah I couldn't find any information on the Gate Mall store.
Thanks for your help, and hopefully we can get a Hulk.
Will keep any aye open for you, there are definitely some going about!

Good Luck!
Old 26 March 2019, 08:02 PM   #24
jaydav2306
"TRF" Member

Two tone sub in Dubai airport 10 mins ago only SS professional they had in (so they said)
jaydav2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:04 PM   #25
wytrader
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozwatchguy View Post
I was passing through the airport and there was a sub date on display, I walked in tried it on and didn’t buy it. That’s was August 2016 not sure it’s still there..

Bravo
126610LV
wytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 09:33 PM   #26
bprince92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Will keep any aye open for you, there are definitely some going about!

Good Luck!
Thanks, fingers crossed!
Old 28 April 2019, 08:16 PM   #27
alzheimer
"TRF" Member

anyone has experience on buying from grey dealer in doha? as i can see from previous post, it is very difficult to get from AD.
alzheimer is offline   Reply With Quote