The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 March 2019, 07:48 AM   #31
lawrence1
"TRF" Member

i made a post about this several months ago. i was told the same story. it was a good store and seemed to be doing well as they always had very little stock in the case.
lawrence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:42 AM   #32
RTG
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
So what is inside a Rolex only store? Employees? Because surely not any watches.
Datejusts are watches too.
RTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:50 AM   #33
Yobber76
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
There are at least 5-6 ADs in the Chicago area, some with multiple stores, I haven't heard of any losing their Rolex status. But in light of all these announcements, and my AD saying That Rolex plans to trim 30% of the Ads nationally, it is disturbing. I have a good relationship with one, no relationship with the rest. Is Rolex going to keep them all?
Yobber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:50 AM   #34
RaceDoc11
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs
You can add the middle east: Kuwait, Qatar and UAE however they need to have a citizen of those countries as a local partner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoshop View Post
Not sure that is true. In Italy, France and Germany I could confirm there are stores that only sell Rolex exclusively with no other brand name next to it. I will assume they are owned or franchised by Rolex. My point if it exist it can’t be unique to Switzerland
RaceDoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 08:52 AM   #35
Ticknaway
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb521 View Post
One of the AD's in Sacramento CA is no longer on the AD Rolex website.

Grebitus Jewelers RIP....

Curious what happened. They were talking about doing the required remodel.

I am really wondering what Rolex is planning on doing. My only guess is removing AD's and setting up Boutiques everywhere to control sales.
Holy crap! That’s my AD or was!
Ticknaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 05:35 PM   #36
clb521
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty22 View Post
I stopped in that AD earlier this week while on a business trip. The assistant manager said they had been selling Rolex since WWII and the owners decided to sever the relationship because they were tired of turning customers away and couldn’t get watches to meet demand. I don’t know if that was the real story, but the place seemed legit. Their Rolex display was small and tired, so the potential remodel may have been a factor. The references remaining in the cases were the usual suspects....the place itself was a beautiful, old school place that sells a few other mid-tier lines and has a nice selection of watches cases and winders...too bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah they had one case devoted to Rolex and it barely had anything whenever I went by. Never had purchase history so had no shot of getting any sports watches.

Devons is the only AD left. One in Stockton and one in roseville about an hour apart.

Otherwise we got to go to bay area.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
clb521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 06:58 PM   #37
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceDoc11 View Post
You can add the middle east: Kuwait, Qatar and UAE however they need to have a citizen of those countries as a local partner.
AKA an independant AD owner

its still an AD arrangement. The warranty card shows who the AD is. Its not Rolex.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote