The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 30 December 2021, 08:26 AM   #1
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR126720
Any long term reviews of Seamaster NTTD (Bond Watch)? #titanium

So, I didn't think I was going to love the new seamaster NTTD bond titanium watch, but I tried it on yesterday when running errands and the pictures just don't do it justice. The "vintage" colors really do work as a part of the overall design/aesthetic in a way that feels authentic to the watch and intent, and the no date dial is athletic, elegant and understated. I'm loving it and how different it is from my GMT, Milgauss and other watches. And, this would be my first omega - I've been wanting to add one for quite some time, but was waiting for one to really sing to me like this one.

And the light weight nature of the titanium makes it unbelievably comfortable on the wrist - more than any other seamaster or speedy I've tried.

That all said, any long term reviews out there from individuals that have had this watch for a couple of months or more?

My AD is offering me 15% off (which is what I've received from him on most watches over the past 5-6 yrs). He only has one bracelet in stock, and a few others have inquired, so he said he would hold for me until tmrw, otherwise I would need to order, wait, and depending on when I decided to proceed the discount may change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pj1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 11:03 AM   #2
train-time
"TRF" Member

I have owned both models and kept the Nato version but put an OEM Omega Leather strap and Titanium Deployant clasp on it. Many seem to like the titanium mesh bracelet, but I found it too rigid. Based on the watch on your wrist in the picture if you get the mesh bracelet it looks like you will need the AD to order the shorter version for you. The Nato in the picture looks too long. I am not sure if the Nato is available in different lengths, but I know that the mesh bracelet is. I am very pleased with the watch and really like it on the Leather strap. I especially like the aged look of the dial against the titanium case. I am pretty certain that they are sold out at Omega, at least that is what my AD has said, so stock at boutiques and dealers is all that is remaining.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 12:10 PM   #3
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Really helpful! Thank you and it's good to know you still love it after owning for awhile. I agree re: nato was too big for me. My wrist is about 7.25", so my AD thought the normal mesh would work. He did recommend a leather or normal strap V’s the natos based on my flagged wrists. Do you have any pics of yours on the leather strap that you wouldn't mind posting?

Old 30 December 2021, 12:13 PM   #4
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
I have owned both models and kept the Nato version but put an OEM Omega Leather strap and Titanium Deployant clasp on it. Many seem to like the titanium mesh bracelet, but I found it too rigid. Based on the watch on your wrist in the picture if you get the mesh bracelet it looks like you will need the AD to order the shorter version for you. The Nato in the picture looks too long. I am not sure if the Nato is available in different lengths, but I know that the mesh bracelet is. I am very pleased with the watch and really like it on the Leather strap. I especially like the aged look of the dial against the titanium case. I am pretty certain that they are sold out at Omega, at least that is what my AD has said, so stock at boutiques and dealers is all that is remaining.

P.S. My AD said this is the only two they have gotten in a while and the Omega Boutique near us said they had two on a nato and might get a few more bracelets, but it might be months before they come back into the boutique. So supply seems very low right now to your latter point.

Old 31 December 2021, 03:41 AM   #5
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

I have had it for a month now and I love it. Like you said, I didn’t think much of it from pics but when I put it on my wrist I was sold. The more I wear it the more I like it. I have 7 3/4” wrist and mesh bracelet is a must, for me. It completes “the look”. The lume lume on the bazel is also great!
I just love it!
Hopefully this helps.
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2021, 03:47 AM   #6
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

I have had it for a month now and I love it. Like you said, I didn’t think much of it from pics but when I put it on my wrist I was sold. The more I wear it the more I like it. I have 7 3/4” wrist and mesh bracelet is a must, for me. It completes “the look”. The lume on the bazel is also great! I haven’t received any discount but I did get an extra strap. According to my AD they get 1 or 2 every couple of months.
I just love it!
Hopefully this helps.
Old 31 December 2021, 03:53 AM   #7
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Thank you!! Very helpful takes, @train-time and @nodzex! I just went ahead and reserved mine and will pick up later today - with bracelet! Stay tuned and appreciate hearing about your feelings after having the watch for awhile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 31 December 2021, 05:41 AM   #8
Daytonaboy1977
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
It's a great watch, I have owned 2 now. The first one I sold to fund my latest Rolex acquisition. I immediately regretted it when I sold it and once again loved putting it back on my wrist when I managed to grab another one. It says it all when you are happy to buy a watch more than once!
Daytonaboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2021, 07:36 AM   #9
train-time
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1369 View Post
Thank you!! Very helpful takes, @train-time and @nodzex! I just went ahead and reserved mine and will pick up later today - with bracelet! Stay tuned and appreciate hearing about your feelings after having the watch for awhile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Congrats! You will love it. I still may order the titanium mesh bracelet but am really enjoying it on the Omega strap.

train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2021, 08:09 AM   #10
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
Congrats! You will love it. I still may order the titanium mesh bracelet but am really enjoying it on the Omega strap.

Love the leather strap! I may need to get one!

Old 31 December 2021, 08:36 AM   #11
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Any long term reviews of Seamaster NTTD (Bond Watch)? #titanium

Just picked it up! Thanks for the advice and insights all, on this thread and other related threads!

I'm loving the mesh bracelet. I have a 7" wrist and even though there are a layers of metal (see last pic below), it is really comfortable and because the watch case is so light, and the bracelet is even lighter, the clasp area seems to provide a very balanced feel to the watch case itself, where as my BLNR/Rolex Batman is too heavy and the watch shifts move versus this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk lol
Old 31 December 2021, 10:19 AM   #12
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1369 View Post
Just picked it up! Thanks for the advice and insights all, on this thread and other related threads!

I'm loving the mesh bracelet. I have a 7" wrist and even though there are a layers of metal (see last pic below), it is really comfortable and because the watch case is so light, and the bracelet is even lighter, the clasp area seems to provide a very balanced feel to the watch case itself, where as my BLNR/Rolex Batman is too heavy and the watch shifts move versus this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk lol
Perfect fit, great choice. Wear it in health!
Old 31 December 2021, 07:19 PM   #13
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Congratulations a great choice. I've had mine just coming up a year and it is still one of my favourites
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 09:14 AM   #14
nigelUK
"TRF" Member

Congratulations ! I randomly tried one on in Spring while visiting my local (empty) Rolex AD. I knew straight away I had to have it... but didn't have the cash.

When I got the opportunity to trade with a friend a couple months back, I jumped on it. Haven't took it off since

7.25 wrist and its been on mesh 100% of the time. I also have the official NATO but never worn it on the watch. To me the mesh is best.
Old 1 January 2022, 04:10 PM   #15
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelUK View Post
Congratulations ! I randomly tried one on in Spring while visiting my local (empty) Rolex AD. I knew straight away I had to have it... but didn't have the cash.

When I got the opportunity to trade with a friend a couple months back, I jumped on it. Haven't took it off since

7.25 wrist and its been on mesh 100% of the time. I also have the official NATO but never worn it on the watch. To me the mesh is best.

Great insight! Thank you. I've been wondering if I should order the NATO to make it a "complete set", but I've just never been a NATO guy and I'm really loving this mesh bracelet more and more.

Old 1 January 2022, 08:59 PM   #16
jagwap
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC IW389001
I have had mine on the mesh for a few months. It is great. The light weight aspect still surprises me when I put it on after a few days, and easily my favourite piece since I bought it. I am also luck it seems because the standard size bracelet fits me so well. It helps that it doesn't need to be a snug fit, as if it moves about on your wrist, it is so light it doesn't bother you.

Like many I am not a fan of fauxtina. But this colour scheme is so well matched, it is obviously a deliberate choice to be this colour from the start, and it only alludes to vintage styling, rather than trying to be it. That plus the grey sheen of the titanium makes it look more of a tool watch than any sub, and far stealthier. I love that mostly only I know I have a great watch on. It is nearly as stealthy as my ceramic chrono IWC.

So comfortable, accurate, and discrete. Also gorgeous, if it speaks to you.
jagwap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 03:48 AM   #17
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagwap View Post
I have had mine on the mesh for a few months. It is great. The light weight aspect still surprises me when I put it on after a few days, and easily my favourite piece since I bought it. I am also luck it seems because the standard size bracelet fits me so well. It helps that it doesn't need to be a snug fit, as if it moves about on your wrist, it is so light it doesn't bother you.

Like many I am not a fan of fauxtina. But this colour scheme is so well matched, it is obviously a deliberate choice to be this colour from the start, and it only alludes to vintage styling, rather than trying to be it. That plus the grey sheen of the titanium makes it look more of a tool watch than any sub, and far stealthier. I love that mostly only I know I have a great watch on. It is nearly as stealthy as my ceramic chrono IWC.

So comfortable, accurate, and discrete. Also gorgeous, if it speaks to you.

Yeah the weight is amazingly light at about 95grams. All my other watches (Rolex, Oris, Panerai) except for my bulgari octo finissimo (which came in under 60grams) are above 150grams. I forgot to take it off last night and slept with it - which is rare for me. And, I agree the colors are more creamy and deliberate than like the Fauxtina found in the Tudor BB58 for example.

Old 3 January 2022, 12:35 AM   #18
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
I've had one for a while now and agree it's very comfortable on the mesh bracelet, which for me is the only way to go as I don't like nato straps and don't think it works very well on leather.

My only complaint is that it’s a pity they didn't do a better job with the AR. Under spotlights the brown dial really looks great, but outside or under dimmer lighting it appears a dull grey in effect. This is probably me being over fussy, but I think it's disappointing. I mentioned it to the Omega AD in London and was told it's because it's only got single AR, although to me it doesn't look like it has any.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2022, 12:38 AM   #19
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Nice watch.
Old 3 January 2022, 12:43 AM   #20
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
I've had one for a while now and agree it's very comfortable on the mesh bracelet, which for me is the only way to go as I don't like nato straps and don't think it works very well on leather.

My only complaint is that it’s a pity they didn't do a better job with the AR. Under spotlights the brown dial really looks great, but outside or under dimmer lighting it appears a dull grey in effect. This is probably me being over fussy, but I think it's disappointing. I mentioned it to the Omega AD in London and was told it's because it's only got single AR, although to me it doesn't look like it has any.
I totally agree!
Old 3 January 2022, 04:38 AM   #21
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post

I agree. The reflection is a little annoying but I also think I'm use to it from my Rolex Milgauss which is also only one coating.

Old 3 January 2022, 03:11 PM   #22
jagwap
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC IW389001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodzex View Post
I totally agree!
But AR on the outside gets scratched so easily, and then looks old fast. I polish off any outside AR after it starts to look worn. 3um diamond paste works well.
jagwap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 02:12 AM   #23
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagwap View Post
But AR on the outside gets scratched so easily, and then looks old fast. I polish off any outside AR after it starts to look worn. 3um diamond paste works well.
None of my watches have ever had scratched AR. I personally think Omega should've put AR on the outdside suface. My only other Omaga, a Seamaster Planet Ocean, has double AR and the crystal and dial really 'pop', totally making the watch. I wish the NTTD was the same.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote