The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 1 December 2022, 11:46 AM   #61
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
All their best watches are limited editions. Tough to gain a broader audience. I was able to buy mine right, but secondary prices for the desirable sizes are high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2022, 11:12 AM   #62
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Got this on Friday and I really like it, 53mm and all.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2022, 12:46 PM   #63
sski
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛ & ✠
Icon5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Got this on Friday and I really like it, 53mm and all.

do you mean 43 mm? 53 mm would be much more bigger i'd wager.
sski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2022, 01:07 PM   #64
epicurus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
All their best watches are limited editions. Tough to gain a broader audience. I was able to buy mine right, but secondary prices for the desirable sizes are high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thats absolutely beautiful
epicurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2022, 02:22 PM   #65
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
No love for Blancpain because Swatch does not want it to be loved. Blancpain could be selling FFs like hotcakes if they listened to the customer’s need but they chose to continue with their oversized watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2022, 07:01 PM   #66
Crashblue
"TRF" Member

I don´t think they would sell a lot of 40mm FF. The 40mm ones looks odd to me, too small the proportions are wrong.

I do own two 44mm ff and I tried most if not all of the 40mm special editions they have released the last 10 years.

I do wear a lot of 40mm watches, I would never wear a Seadweller when I could wear the slimer Submariner however the FF in 40mm doesn´t work for me.

I am also pretty sure if they would see the potential to sell a lot of the 40mm ones they would have already introduced it to the regular collection.

Would be interesting to know how the mini Panerais are doing. I recently tried the 44mm Submersibles and I had the same feeling.
Crashblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2022, 12:38 AM   #67
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashblue View Post
I don´t think they would sell a lot of 40mm FF. The 40mm ones looks odd to me, too small the proportions are wrong.

I do own two 44mm ff and I tried most if not all of the 40mm special editions they have released the last 10 years.

I do wear a lot of 40mm watches, I would never wear a Seadweller when I could wear the slimer Submariner however the FF in 40mm doesn´t work for me.

I am also pretty sure if they would see the potential to sell a lot of the 40mm ones they would have already introduced it to the regular collection.

Would be interesting to know how the mini Panerais are doing. I recently tried the 44mm Submersibles and I had the same feeling.

They’ve sold every one they’ve made, and generally, prices rise on the secondary market to serve the unmet demand. I don’t know where the saturation point is, but there are many, many potential customers who walk away over the size issue.
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2022, 02:07 AM   #68
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sski View Post
do you mean 43 mm? 53 mm would be much more bigger i'd wager.
Uhh, yeah, (oops).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
No love for Blancpain because Swatch does not want it to be loved. Blancpain could be selling FFs like hotcakes if they listened to the customer’s need but they chose to continue with their oversized watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's kind of an interesting problem that Blancpain has. They only produce 10K to 20K watches per year. Which is less than 60 per day (30 ish to 55/day) with each watch being made by an individual (as I understand it). I don't believe their success is tied to meeting the demand of the masses.

https://www.timeandwatches.com/p/the...blancpain.html

Old 15 December 2022, 02:24 AM   #69
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
I don't know who "doesn't love them"? they're beautiful watches with a great history. Luxury watch market is fickle. If some celebrity hyped the FF they'd be sold out, grey prices would far exceed MSRP and everyone would all of a sudden want them
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2022, 01:36 PM   #70
thekman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szabo_martin View Post
I don't know who "doesn't love them"? they're beautiful watches with a great history. Luxury watch market is fickle. If some celebrity hyped the FF they'd be sold out, grey prices would far exceed MSRP and everyone would all of a sudden want them
Don't you think that is entirely in Blancpain (Swatch)'s hands? It's not like they shy away from sponsorship deals with Omega. Rolex, AP, Cartier, IWC, Panerai, RM all do it. Why doesn't BP pay a few celebs to get on the map?

Old 15 December 2022, 01:39 PM   #71
thekman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashblue View Post

As bobernet mentioned above it is no coincidence that every 40mm limited edition they have made has sold out almost instantly and sells over retail on the secondary market. Clearly something is undesirable for many about the regularly produced FF models. If I had to guess (based on my and watch friends' discussions) I would say it's mostly the size

Old 15 December 2022, 01:42 PM   #72
thekman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Uhh, yeah, (oops).

It's kind of an interesting problem that Blancpain has. They only produce 10K to 20K watches per year. Which is less than 60 per day (30 ish to 55/day) with each watch being made by an individual (as I understand it). I don't believe their success is tied to meeting the demand of the masses.

https://www.timeandwatches.com/p/the...blancpain.html
I completely get it that maybe they are not supposed to be the next Rolex or Tudor but I can't imagine Swatch being happy about how much of a slow seller they are, no? I see some FFs selling at close to 50% of the retail value on the preowned market.

Old 15 December 2022, 03:11 PM   #73
Yacht-Master
"TRF" Member

I have love for them, also love and own Rolex , Seiko, Omega.

It would be nice to have a forum (an active one) of Blancpain. There's forums, but with the low distribution of Blancpain and lack of advertising, the pool of owners is small - at least compared to other well known brands.

Here's mine, Ti on a bracelet.

So accurate! Durable and like mentioned earlier, in the higher league of horology.
Yacht-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2022, 08:03 PM   #74
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
I completely get it that maybe they are not supposed to be the next Rolex or Tudor but I can't imagine Swatch being happy about how much of a slow seller they are, no? I see some FFs selling at close to 50% of the retail value on the preowned market.
It's interesting that for a company with a 287 year history with their prime strength is advanced complications, what they're known for is a 70 year old dive watch. As far as discounts, I like them; it also made it easier to get one new at a discount (remember those).

Old 12 January 2023, 04:22 AM   #75
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
I came across this amazing article about the watch making industry in general. It is of interest to note where Blancpain is in this report.

https://watchesbysjx.com/2022/11/wat...-map-2022.html

As a side note, be warned, you may be surprised about some other brands.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
Rolextellstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 05:16 AM   #76
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Blancpain's 70th Anniersary Diver; it looks nice. 42mm by 14.3mm thick.

https://www.blancpain.com/int/en/70-anniversary