The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 June 2019, 11:21 PM   #1
mhoutman
"TRF" Member

removing bracelet links and re-registration

After collecting IWC for almost 20 years, I am in the proces of buying my first Royal Oak: a 37 mm with blue dial in SS.

The dealer will be shipping the brand new watch to my country but asked my if he has to remove already some links. (AP AD’s are far away from where I live).

Tough question but my wrist measures 17cm. Any suggestion how many links to remove from the bracelet ?

The watch is already registered. Can I register again on my own name. (The green registration card is with the box

Thanks for your kind advice.
mhoutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2019, 03:45 AM   #2
Golden Ellipse
2024 Pledge Member

If you have even the slightest mechanical aptitude, then buy a precision screwdriver set (examples here: http://www.ofrei.com/page1361.html ) and just do it yourself. It’s super easy. Just go slow and don’t get in a hurry.
Golden Ellipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2019, 11:18 AM   #3
Jinson
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Older GMTs & Subs
As mentioned previously, the RO bracelet is easy to resize yourself with the right small screwdriver. If you're hesitant, your local watchmaker can easily do it for you. And you should be able to register it on AP's website which I recall extends your warranty.
Jinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2019, 07:42 PM   #4
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

If a boutique is near you, you can get the boutique staff to do it. In the Singapore branch, apparently selected staff are trained in this because when I had mine adjusted and the guy was out for a while, the counter staff told me so and I had to wait for him to return.
Rachdanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2019, 08:55 PM   #5
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
I did not think once it was registered to someone you could reregister it in your name and as far as warranty goes as long as you have the card your good
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote