The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 6 May 2015, 12:39 AM   #1
BDon123
"TRF" Member

Gold Watch Co a Review

Ok so this is just the overall scenario I had. I am going to be as fair as possible on my review of Gold Watch Co. in Miami FL. Overall, I feel like they tried to do the right thing but in the end it didn't work.

I specifically worked with Dennis on this.

I ordered a two tone datejust from 2000 with an oyster bracelet. I took it into my RSC to have an "estimate of service" given. After 5 minutes of sitting there the service associate came back and said. "So the crystal on this timepiece is not a rolex crystal it is a generic crystal...in order for us to proceed we need to hold a $150 deposit as we take a look at the watch further. If you proceed with our recommended services we will waive the $150. So I said OK might as well see if it's just the crystal and take the gamble.

They went through the watch and also found that the bezel while a rolex bezel was for an acrylic crystal and not for the newer sapphire crystal versions.

I spoke to Dennis about this and he essentially said something about not having a crown on the crystal and how the bezel was polished. So I brought this up to the RSC associate who said we can tell the difference between the crystal and the bezel despite it being polished.

Dennis also made the claim that he sent it to a Rolex dealer owner service place but when I asked the RSC place if there was such a place and if there was would they have a record of service they said "we have no record". That was all I could get out of them.

Anyway, their estimate was the $600 service, the $2k replacement of the bezel and a new crystal. All told I forget what it was something around $2800.

I told Dennis I wanted to send it back - he accepted and he covered half of the insurance cost for me to ship it back so I appreciate that. However, I was still out $200 or so from Rolex and the remaining insurance and without a watch.

Overall, again maybe it's fine but I feel like the in between reviews of places are often more useful than. "It was great, I have used him in the past".

The good news is the return was accepted no problems there.... just my two cents being as fair as possible.
BDon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2015, 03:40 PM   #2
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

$2800 is a rip off for a bezel and authentic sapphire crystal... I have never done business with Dennis but I have seen his sites and heard of him... Did he not offer to at least swap the bezel and crystal for the correct parts or were you just over it already?
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote