The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 4 August 2021, 10:25 PM   #361
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Thanks but Paul will already be in the guest bedroom
its got bunk beds.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 4 August 2021, 10:27 PM   #362
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
There’s something magnificent about a horse and buggy these days. The background makes the picture outstanding!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's pretty amazing really. They settled in this area back in the 1860's and the area has such a rich history.

Unfortunately, with "progress" they are slowly be forced out and moving further away to preserve their way of life.

Old 4 August 2021, 10:59 PM   #363
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
[B]I LOVE CALIFORNIA![B]

It's funny how many Haters are out there, many who I doubt have ever been to the State.

If you live here and don't like it for whatever reason... Relocate!
Speaking for myself, i LOVE California!!!

Am so very glad CA residence are paying the funding for the overall State expenses while good folks from other States occasionally visit and enjoy the truly scenic, relatively safe, and beautiful parts. So please, if you live in CA stay where you are so others like me can visit and enjoy all the splendor and beauty your State has to offer.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 4 August 2021, 11:27 PM   #364
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
You didn't live near me in mennonite country then?

Hope they got snow tires for that thing.

In Alberta we have/had a lot of Hutterites. Only they had better transportation.
Old 4 August 2021, 11:29 PM   #365
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Hope they got snow tires for that thing.

In Alberta we have/had a lot of Hutterites. Only they had better transportation.

Old 5 August 2021, 12:52 AM   #366
Sthe
Banned

I used to stay in California till I relocated with my family. I think the state is going through a lot and it just needs time to heal. That’s my opinion though.
Old 5 August 2021, 03:57 AM   #367
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Thanks but Paul will already be in the guest bedroom
Old 5 August 2021, 04:05 AM   #368
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
Usually the basic quote from the folks that can't see past the weather. Plenty of us lived there it is not just people hating it from afar. The arrogance and quite frankly the ignorance of many folks there thinking there is nothing else but California and that is the only place to live well is just sad. Get out and explore you will see there are some other great states and great countries. California is nothing of what it used to be.

Oh and before you ASSUME folks that bash CA haven't lived there I was born and raised there. Grew up for 18 years in one of the best cities in the state, Mammoth Lakes and then spent the next 32 years in SoCal so I know about the state. Plain and simple it has become a xxxxxxxx but Ca "lifers" don't like to hear the truth because like most of the libs there they get offended.
Attachment 1236625
I expressed my genuine LOVE for where I live. That's not "arrogance" furthermore I have been all over the 50 States and personally think California has the most to offer me, that's not "ignorance". We have a place in San Diego and Mammoth so I throughly enjoy the mountain and the beach lifestyles. We will always have a home in California and might have one in another State in the future.

I'm not sure why you are so bitter and angry about California. Probably better for you that you left. Have a blessed day.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 5 August 2021, 04:35 AM   #369
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
I expressed my genuine LOVE for where I live. That's not "arrogance" furthermore I have been all over the 50 States and personally think California has the most to offer me, that's not "ignorance". We have a place in San Diego and Mammoth so I throughly enjoy the mountain and the beach lifestyles. We will always have a home in California and might have one in another State in the future.

I'm not sure why you are so bitter and angry about California. Probably better for you that you left. Have a blessed day.
Well put Larry.

Goin 2 Dirt, if you were not happy in Cali and have found a place where you are, (I guess that’s Kentucky) then good for you and enjoy your life. I know people that are ecstatic living in places I know I would be miserable, more power to them! It is finding a place, popular or not, expensive or not, good weather or not, it is all about finding a place that makes you happy. Like Larry, if that is California it is not arrogance. Pride? Maybe, but he never said people that are happy living elsewhere are any less of character. And please don’t bring politics in to this with your comment on liberals.
Old 5 August 2021, 05:05 AM   #370
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Well put Larry.

Goin 2 Dirt, if you were not happy in Cali and have found a place where you are, (I guess that’s Kentucky) then good for you and enjoy your life. I know people that are ecstatic living in places I know I would be miserable, more power to them! It is finding a place, popular or not, expensive or not, good weather or not, it is all about finding a place that makes you happy. Like Larry, if that is California it is not arrogance. Pride? Maybe, but he never said people that are happy living elsewhere are any less of character. And please don’t bring politics in to this with your comment on liberals.
Sometimes people forget that there are perspectives of each and every side in every city, county, state in the US. There is no one sided city even in the most skewed. To put down a city or state in generalization is pretty short sighted. San Diego would have to be a Top 3 city I'd imagine for 99% of Americans if asked where they would want to live. I'd put San Diego as the top American city that I've visited (though I prefer outside the cities and smaller towns like La Jolla). CA as a state has something for everyone. The whole my state vs your state or better than and city vs country folks etc etc is just meant to divide. Great people live everywhere. I've never seen you or Larry generalize about other states' people. I think most let their emotions dominate. Big difference between people and leaders as most of the former are complex, while the latter single-minded and hope to divide everyone into neatly fitting categories. Dividing into boxes is very poisonousness generally speaking
Old 5 August 2021, 05:57 AM   #371
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
Sometimes people forget that there are perspectives of each and every side in every city, county, state in the US.
Yeah, so be proud of where you're from! I am

mkl49x09dty11.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 5 August 2021, 06:11 AM   #372
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Yeah, so be proud of where you're from! I am

Attachment 1236732

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 August 2021, 02:30 PM   #373
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:

Well said! I’ve spent a good amount of time in almost all states. My best friend runs government incentive commercial real estate for a top firm moving business out of CA so run the financial side of it for business and personally many times a year. You pay a premium to live here but it about quality of life. I won’t say what side of the political line I’m on by forum rules but often people let perceived politics from news and social media affect them more than the actual policies do.

In the market for an out of state vacation home and can’t wait for the looks I get with my CA license plates as I move in.
Old 5 August 2021, 02:50 PM   #374
Lol-x
Facilitator

Saying "I wont discuss politics...blah blah blah" is in fact bringing politics into the issue.

CLOSED.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Closed Thread