The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!! > eBay & Internet Sales WatchOut

Closed Thread

Old 15 November 2018, 02:14 AM   #61
A.K.
"TRF" Member

Update....Spoke with eBay's high value claims dept & then the highest level of supervisor (So they claim, could not go higher).

Long story short they followed protocol and will not reverse the refund....apparently they never look at a sellers feedback in a case.

With all that said I was however successful in demonstrating to the supervisor the scam at hand, she acknowledged to some extent that this should be looked into and it deserves review. The bad part is she claims she has nobody to send it directly to.

I was told to report the buyer and use the "Abused Buyer Protection" reason. The Supervisor informed me this will go to a dept that does not take incoming calls and will be followed up on. Unfortunately there is no guarantee of success!!!

I asked her to make sure she sends the case to her manager and to the Resolution Center Department inbox or whatever (I have worked in a call center for a huge Telecom company, I have a general understanding of how it works).

I got a service request number of the current case, nothing for the one I just opened yet (Time will tell how far I can get with it) and the eBay San Jose headquarters mailing address so I can send a registered letter to the Fraud/Resolution Center.

I will be calling up eBay twice a week until I have taken this scum bag down.

Updates to come, stay tuned.
Old 15 November 2018, 02:21 AM   #62
A.K.
"TRF" Member

Feel free to report the buyer if you do business on eBay.

As per eBay's automated response :

We'll review your report with any other information we have, including reports from other sellers. Your report is confidential and won't be shared with the buyer. However, keep in mind that we won't be able to tell you about any specific action we take.

I hope to change the last portion of this and make them take action and get my refund, regardless of the long road ahead.
Old 15 November 2018, 02:39 AM   #63
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K. View Post
a simple look at his feedback left to other sellers paints a pretty darn accurate picture of his scam.

https://tinyurl.com/y9aj4bzk
Curious to know why all the negative feedback in your link above doesn't show on his Ebay account.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...ms=positive_30

Edit:
Ah OK I see that's fb the scammer is leaving for others in order to manipulate the system and acquire refunds and merchandise for free. I'm surprised this buyer is not sanctioned by Ebay. No way anyone can be THAT unlucky.
Old 15 November 2018, 02:49 AM   #64
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY View Post
I agree with you, I hate ebay and paypal, they only protect buyers
No part of me would ever want to sell over the 'bay.

I would rather deal with TRF members.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
Old 15 November 2018, 02:51 AM   #65
A.K.
"TRF" Member

It's a devious scam indeed, but seriously I am no detective and I was able to figure it out in a few hours of digging!!!! Shame on eBay with all it's money and policies to let this fall under the radar.

These are high dollar scams, you think they would deal with them case by case, can"t be that many happening per month.

I have been provocatively contacting all the Seller that have been scammed so we can have a dialogue on how he scammed us and hopefully present a united front to eBay.

Last edited by A.K.; 15 November 2018 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: Corrected the word buyers to sellers as pointed out.
Old 15 November 2018, 03:13 AM   #66
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's a devious scam indeed, but seriously I am no detective and I was able to figure it out in a few hours of digging!!!! Shame on eBay with all it's money and policies to let this fall under the radar.

These are high dollar scams, you think they would deal with them case by case, can"t be that many happening per month.

I have been provocatively contacting all the buyers that have been scammed so we can have a dialogue on how he scammed us and hopefully present a united front to eBay.
You mean sellers? Good move. There are enough 'victims' of his scam that Ebay can't ignore what's going on.
Old 15 November 2018, 03:32 AM   #67
A.K.
"TRF" Member

Sorry about that, I meant Sellers.
Old 17 November 2018, 01:17 AM   #68
schaumburgla
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5513 Sub
Oh My! How can Ebay not read bt the lines with this guy. It seems every other item he received he claimed was a fake :(
It's just despicable that he's allowed to continue this obvious scam
Old 24 November 2018, 02:51 AM   #69
Rolex6694
"TRF" Member

I sell a lot of coins on eBay and have always been afraid of the “empty box”. From now on I’m going to open the boxes in front of the post office employee to have them verify it’s contents and pack high end items with them there! Good luck!
Old 24 November 2018, 07:00 AM   #70
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex6694 View Post
I sell a lot of coins on eBay and have always been afraid of the “empty box”. From now on I’m going to open the boxes in front of the post office employee to have them verify it’s contents and pack high end items with them there! Good luck!

If it were me, the last people I would want to show a bunch of high end items to in a box and then hand the box over to would be hourly employees at a UPS/Fed Ex/USPS outlet. So many things wrong with that picture IMO.

Perhaps video you putting the items in the box and then insure it?

OP, really sorry this happened and hope you have success changing Ebays policy.
Old 24 November 2018, 07:06 AM   #71
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
Wow never seen anything like that. Way too obvious there a scammer. Needs to be Highlighted to EBAY. Also looks like its a younger woman. Buys many hand bags and a gaming unit. Hope they can find her and put her away for fraud.

Truly amazing a guy/girl like this can keep operating. Apparently Ebay must think they are the most unlucky people in the world.
Old 24 November 2018, 08:17 AM   #72
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Looking at the fb left this person has been running the scam on eBay for over 5 years. How is this person still able to operate on Ebay? This is exactly the reason why sellers are avoiding the site to sell anything of value. Shame on them
Old 24 November 2018, 08:32 AM   #73
Jonnyj
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster 2
Wow that really stinks ! Hope all works out for you !
Old 24 November 2018, 09:19 AM   #74
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
I will be calling up eBay twice a week until I have taken this scum bag down.

Updates to come, stay tuned.
Yep, just be persistent. In the meantime, I would also be getting in touch with PayPal's "Executive Escalations" department. Good luck!
Old 24 November 2018, 10:07 AM   #75
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry about that, I meant Sellers.
Any updates?
Old 24 November 2018, 12:18 PM   #76
Filmprolv.com
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16014,2531.80
I think the seller Protection is great, I sold some Gucci sneakers and after the tracking said the the item was delivered the next day the guy sent me a message asking me where they are. He opened a case and froze the money. so I called PayPal and they instantly gave me the money because the tracking said delivered. As long as the seller does everything right there should not be a problem. My concern would be them returning a fake watch
Old 24 November 2018, 01:15 PM   #77
OCPaladin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
ive got a watch on there just now.. and the high bidder is a new user with zero feedback.. i'll be extra careful after your tale..
If you were smart you would cancel his bids and make sure you note that you only accept bids from people with a significant level (TBD) of positive feedback.
Old 24 November 2018, 01:22 PM   #78
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPaladin View Post
If you were smart you would cancel his bids and make sure you note that you only accept bids from people with a significant level (TBD) of positive feedback.
Bit late now. That sale took place 7 years ago LOL

Anyone shipping to someone with little to no history better make sure its signed delivery and fully insured.
Old 24 November 2018, 01:30 PM   #79
OCPaladin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmprolv.com View Post
I think the seller Protection is great, I sold some Gucci sneakers and after the tracking said the the item was delivered the next day the guy sent me a message asking me where they are. He opened a case and froze the money. so I called PayPal and they instantly gave me the money because the tracking said delivered. As long as the seller does everything right there should not be a problem. My concern would be them returning a fake watch
Mistakes can be made. I bought a Omega 2254.50 last month. No problem with the seller, but the USPS employee went to the wrong door on my property, got no answer to his knocking and simply forged a signature and threw the package of the the gate reporting that he delivered it to "an individual"!

The package never arrived at my front door and no one in my home signed for anything. I opened a claim with EBay but since the USPS tracking said the item was delivered they found for the seller immediately. USPS requires a 7 day wait to open a claim with their insurance and since their employee said it was delivered, I was going to have to prove it was not.

Fortunately I looked out into the "dog run" the next day and there on the inside of the gate on the ground was the package. False delivery information can screw a buyer is the lesson I learned. I require any valuable item to be delivered by FedEx or UPS from now on.
Old 25 November 2018, 06:48 AM   #80
mpatton4re
"TRF" Member

I don't allow PayPal when I'm selling for this exact reason. I insist on a bank wire and I wait to make sure the wire "clears" before shipping the timepiece. I use PayPal all the time when I'm BUYING stuff, but I've heard so many horror stories like this. I've also heard of them "freezing" your account so you can't get your $$$ out! I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope it all works out.
Old 8 December 2018, 03:42 PM   #81
Filmprolv.com
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16014,2531.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPaladin View Post
Mistakes can be made. I bought a Omega 2254.50 last month. No problem with the seller, but the USPS employee went to the wrong door on my property, got no answer to his knocking and simply forged a signature and threw the package of the the gate reporting that he delivered it to "an individual"!

The package never arrived at my front door and no one in my home signed for anything. I opened a claim with EBay but since the USPS tracking said the item was delivered they found for the seller immediately. USPS requires a 7 day wait to open a claim with their insurance and since their employee said it was delivered, I was going to have to prove it was not.

Fortunately I looked out into the "dog run" the next day and there on the inside of the gate on the ground was the package. False delivery information can screw a buyer is the lesson I learned. I require any valuable item to be delivered by FedEx or UPS from now on.
I’m glad that had a happy ending and got the watch. No Christmas bonus for that mailman. That should be grounds for termination for sure. I would have been highly disappointed and p’d off!
Old 9 December 2018, 02:59 AM   #82
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
OCPaladin I hope you contacted USPS so they could deal with that postal delivery person.

I wonder how he/she would feel if THAT type of 'service' happened to them.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
Old 16 February 2019, 03:07 AM   #83
A.K.
"TRF" Member

Little update on this, I got pumped one day and reported the buyer via eBay's report a buyer page.

I went crazy and reported him for every reason they have, something like 20, and copy pasted the same text explaining his modus operandi.

It worked!!!!!

He is no longer a "Registered User" meaning eBay has suspended his account and is currently investigating.

Next step it to hassle eBay to have my Money refunded from eBay.
Old 23 April 2021, 07:06 PM   #84
zineddine.zidane
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear but please fight it with PayPal crooks like this guy should be behind bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23 April 2021, 07:18 PM   #85
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
I think things may have been settled over the past few years.

But your advice is sound.

Closed Thread