The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 June 2021, 09:57 AM   #1
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Record your timing results

I recently bought a Wish 1900 and have unsuccessfully tried to find a readymade spreadsheet to record results. No success. So I have put this together after lots of reading on the Rolex Forums and some feedback from one of the members @saxo3

So I am offering it for anyone else that may find it useful as a Google Sheet. If you find it useful, great, if you have any ideas to improve, even better. Please post those here as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 05:47 PM   #2
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

The protocol in this sheet is taken from saxo3 offered by him in another thread.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...highlight=32xx
Old 8 June 2021, 06:03 PM   #3
saxo3
"TRF" Member

I add that the 12U watch position is not considered (also not by Rolex) because 12U is a very uncommon wrist/watch position.

The mentioned times after full winding (15 min) and after each position change (3 min) are based on my personal experience, also the chosen measurement length (2 min).

It does not mean that different times result in "worse" or "better" results.

I always use the same measurement parameters so that results are comparable for my watches.

Good luck!
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 06:55 PM   #4
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
So I am offering it for anyone else that may find it useful as a Google Sheet. If you find it useful, great, if you have any ideas to improve, even better. Please post those here as well.
Hi,

Wow thats some spreadsheet but the word OVERKILL springs to mind.

I am not great with spreadsheets but I created a very simple one.

Have a look at Post 846 in the thread ...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=786299

That is basically what i produced .
it is super simple to copy and use.
From that almost all the data you collect can be put there.

I also have a Weishi 1900 .. its a good machine but I did find there are correct and wrong ways of using it. many make a simpole mistake of where the criown should be. Please place the crown against the FIXED end not the moving end. This is the best direct contact to the microphone.

Pleae set the Lift angle correctly for your watch. It is NOT always 52 at all. the 32xx movements use 53 basically.

Change the reading from 999 to 99.9 for much better accuracy.

Do the correct sequence of positions and dont vary from set of reading to set of readings.

When you place your watch on the bracket arm .. Wait 5 mins before taking readings.
After that ...... 3 mins after a change of position and 2 mins of readings to settle down nicely Thats 5 mins in total every position.

Obviously only use 5 positions .. Dont use 12U. thats pointless.

If you see the phrase CH or CB ... CH is DU CB is DD.

There is a learning curve when starting out ... Its not steep and wont take long for you to master it.

Then the fun will start and you will be driving your friends nuts measuring their watches

Apart from the above please post your results in the thread i made a ling to above and all the data will be in one place and can be collated and learnt from.

If you need any help just ask by PM as i dont often come over to this section.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 08:20 PM   #5
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
Hi,

Wow thats some spreadsheet but the word OVERKILL springs to mind.

I am not great with spreadsheets but I created a very simple one.

Have a look at Post 846 in the thread ...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=786299

That is basically what i produced .

it is super simple to copy and use.

From that almost all the data you collect can be put there.

I also have a Weishi 1900 .. its a good machine but I did find there are correct and wrong ways of using it. many make a simpole mistake of where the criown should be. Please place the crown against the FIXED end not the moving end. This is the best direct contact to the microphone.

Pleae set the Lift angle correctly for your watch. It is NOT always 52 at all. the 32xx movements use 53 basically.

Change the reading from 999 to 99.9 for much better accuracy.

Do the correct sequence of positions and dont vary from set of reading to set of readings.

When you place your watch on the bracket arm .. Wait 5 mins before taking readings.

After that ...... 3 mins after a change of position and 2 mins of readings to settle down nicely Thats 5 mins in total every position.

Obviously only use 5 positions .. Dont use 12U. thats pointless.

If you see the phrase CH or CB ... CH is DU CB is DD.

There is a learning curve when starting out ... Its not steep and wont take long for you to master it.

Then the fun will start and you will be driving your friends nuts measuring their watches

Apart from the above please post your results in the thread i made a ling to above and all the data will be in one place and can be collated and learnt from.

If you need any help just ask by PM as i dont often come over to this section.

No one's saying that you have to use! It's there if you want. I'd also think that anyone collecting this data is somewhat ocd so overkill doesn't apply. The 12U is in fact very important if you are a lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 9 June 2021, 07:34 PM   #6
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The 12U is in fact very important if you are a lefty.
I am just wondering if you are a lefty.

If so do you wear your watch on your LEFT or RIGHT wrist. It is still very common to see left handed people wearing their watch on their left wrist.

If you wear it on your LEFT wrist there is no difference at all to being Left or Right handed as the watch is in the same place.

If you wear you watch on your RIGHT wrist if you have your watch in the standard normal position and fitting the dial would face outwards. If that is the case the 12U position is still not an important one and would not be common at all.

If you wear your watch with the dial towards your body you would be one of the very great minority and would be putting your watch head at risk of more knocks and scratches etc. But in that case 12U would possibly be a factor.

You would of course be better off buying a Left handed watch.

Now we come to the fact that you are in Australia.
I have been trying to work out if there would be any directional change being in the Southern hemisphere.

Water going down a plug hole reverses when in the Southern hemisphere as opposed to the Northern.

Is the same true at all for watches ?
Old 9 June 2021, 08:41 PM   #7
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
I am just wondering if you are a lefty.

If so do you wear your watch on your LEFT or RIGHT wrist. It is still very common to see left handed people wearing their watch on their left wrist.

If you wear it on your LEFT wrist there is no difference at all to being Left or Right handed as the watch is in the same place.

If you wear you watch on your RIGHT wrist if you have your watch in the standard normal position and fitting the dial would face outwards. If that is the case the 12U position is still not an important one and would not be common at all.

If you wear your watch with the dial towards your body you would be one of the very great minority and would be putting your watch head at risk of more knocks and scratches etc. But in that case 12U would possibly be a factor.

You would of course be better off buying a Left handed watch.

Now we come to the fact that you are in Australia.
I have been trying to work out if there would be any directional change being in the Southern hemisphere.

Water going down a plug hole reverses when in the Southern hemisphere as opposed to the Northern.

Is the same true at all for watches ?

No I don't use myself. It has been created for anyone who wants. Add, delete, modify, but deletion is easy, creation not necessarily. A few months ago I posted for someone else to share what they use. No one did so I made myself and offered for no gain to me. Reading your post and another, I'm wondering why.

Scratch head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 9 June 2021, 08:46 PM   #8
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Scratch head!
I did NOT understand one bit of your reply there so yes ... I am scratching my head