The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 July 2021, 11:21 PM   #1
BDL
2024 Pledge Member

Cartier complimentary clean/polish

I see on Cartier's website that they offer free polishing of watches if you visit a Boutique.

Does anyone have experience with this? Do they do this while you wait or do you need to plan on them keeping the watch for a few days?

Any tips/pros/cons?

Thanks!!
BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 08:55 AM   #2
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC 4000V
I can speak for the Dallas boutique based on my conversation with a SA at boutique. Honestly, I did not know they mentioned the complimentary service on their site.

First off, visits are by appointment only. No walk ins.. sometimes they allow on slow days but weekends, no chance. Second, they don’t have in-store personnel to perform steam cleaning or polishing. They are sent to Richemont Tech Center in Fort Worth for next steps which is generally a few weeks of turnaround.

Complimentary is very subjective and not always complimentary. In most cases, they would dissuade you to polish the watch if it is close to new. However, if the watch has been worn for sometime and is in warranty, they would do some kind of movement service and case cleanup.
Old 25 July 2021, 02:20 PM   #3
ducatiti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I see on Cartier's website that they offer free polishing of watches if you visit a Boutique.

Does anyone have experience with this? Do they do this while you wait or do you need to plan on them keeping the watch for a few days?

Any tips/pros/cons?

Thanks!!
Link please..
ducatiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 02:22 PM   #4
ducatiti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumdna View Post
I can speak for the Dallas boutique based on my conversation with a SA at boutique. Honestly, I did not know they mentioned the complimentary service on their site.

First off, visits are by appointment only. No walk ins.. sometimes they allow on slow days but weekends, no chance. Second, they don’t have in-store personnel to perform steam cleaning or polishing. They are sent to Richemont Tech Center in Fort Worth for next steps which is generally a few weeks of turnaround.

Complimentary is very subjective and not always complimentary. In most cases, they would dissuade you to polish the watch if it is close to new. However, if the watch has been worn for sometime and is in warranty, they would do some kind of movement service and case cleanup.
I believe that Flagship stores like the one here in downtown SF have their in-house watchmaker. I had them buff out a scratch a week after purchase while I waited.
ducatiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 01:34 AM   #5
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC 4000V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiti View Post
I believe that Flagship stores like the one here in downtown SF have their in-house watchmaker. I had them buff out a scratch a week after purchase while I waited.

That’s interesting. Guess the Dallas is it a flagship store
Old 26 July 2021, 11:17 PM   #6
BDL
2024 Pledge Member

Here is the link: https://www.cartier.com/en-us/servic...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDL is offline   Reply With Quote