The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 18 September 2018, 08:44 AM   #1
jhondo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai Pam 91
Alex Collector doesn't honor purchase agreement

I had negotiated a purchase price with Alex Collector on a watch he listed on multiple forums. The next day I requested his shipping information ( name, address) for sending my payment. Later that day he texted me saying that he had a higher offer and asked if I could match it. I don't know when he was going to let me know that he had backed out on our agreed upon price. It says something when you don't honor an agreement. I haven't received any further contact from this seller.
jhondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2018, 11:59 AM   #2
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Trust is a definite asset as a seller. This would appear to be a blot for Alex - and I hope he can come here to explain this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2018, 08:42 PM   #3
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhondo View Post
I had negotiated a purchase price with Alex Collector on a watch he listed on multiple forums. The next day I requested his shipping information ( name, address) for sending my payment. Later that day he texted me saying that he had a higher offer and asked if I could match it. I don't know when he was going to let me know that he had backed out on our agreed upon price. It says something when you don't honor an agreement. I haven't received any further contact from this seller.
Was the watch listed on this forum?

The rules here prohibit raising the price above the posted asking price. If the watch was listed elsewhere, no such guarantee applies. Did he clearly say he was selling you the watch, or was the conversation open ended?
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 11:32 AM   #4
jhondo
"TRF" Member

It wasn't an open ended conversation. We agreed upon a price. I don't know why a seller with thousands of posts and multiple positive feedbacks would do this. I will just chalk this up to experience and move on. It sure isn't a post I wanted to make. The watch was listed on this forum.
Old 19 September 2018, 11:57 AM   #5
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
I will invite him to comment here.
Old 19 September 2018, 12:17 PM   #6
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
What watch was it?

He posted a price, you made an offer, he agreed, someone made him a better offer and he bailed on you????

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 06:32 PM   #7
Alex Collector
2024 Pledge Member

Dear follow Members and Moderators.

Last week I had a serious car accident ( My car was Totaled) , and I haven't feel well since. Plus I had a lot of stress from my regular job lately.

Maybe for that reason I made a mistake to text Jeff, on Sunday, if he could match an text message offer I got last Sunday, from the price we agreed upon.

The same day, last Sunday, before I could contact Jeff again, I drop my cell, it cracked and died, that's the reason I couldn't contact him. I took my cell phone for repair on Monday, the store let me know that my phone was not fixable, then yesterday I got a new one, that had to be set it up and I had to get all my backups from Icloud.

Then I texted Jeff ( At 6;21 PM ) providing my excuses for my last message and ask if he still wants the watch for the price we agreed.

Later, the same Day ( Tuesday , at 6;58 PM PST ), I got a PM from "Old Expat Beast", letting me know about this thread, witch I had no idea.

From this concatenation of circumstances, we had bad communication with Jeff.

I still have the watch Jeff was interested on and I had been rejecting all offers, I will wait until he will contact me.

My sincere apologies to Jeff and all members of this great community for my mistake,
Old 19 September 2018, 10:44 PM   #8
77T

Alex Collector doesn't honor purchase agreement

I hope the OP is satisfied with the outcome and that this settles the situation. He can now move forward to buy the watch he wanted at the offered price.

I can’t comment further on the facts or situation - I take each person at their word. I hope Alex recovers from his accident, too.

The one thing I’d say for readers of this thread is that we’ve seen the power of friendly persuasion here. I think this makes TRF a place unlike any on the internet for fairness.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 12:49 AM   #9
City74
Banned

Watch: Speedy Reduced
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Collector View Post
Dear follow Members and Moderators.

Last week I had a serious car accident ( My car was Totaled) , and I haven't feel well since. Plus I had a lot of stress from my regular job lately.

Maybe for that reason I made a mistake to text Jeff, on Sunday, if he could match an text message offer I got last Sunday, from the price we agreed upon.

The same day, last Sunday, before I could contact Jeff again, I drop my cell, it cracked and died, that's the reason I couldn't contact him. I took my cell phone for repair on Monday, the store let me know that my phone was not fixable, then yesterday I got a new one, that had to be set it up and I had to get all my backups from Icloud.

Then I texted Jeff ( At 6;21 PM ) providing my excuses for my last message and ask if he still wants the watch for the price we agreed.

Later, the same Day ( Tuesday , at 6;58 PM PST ), I got a PM from "Old Expat Beast", letting me know about this thread, witch I had no idea.

From this concatenation of circumstances, we had bad communication with Jeff.

I still have the watch Jeff was interested on and I had been rejecting all offers, I will wait until he will contact me.

My sincere apologies to Jeff and all members of this great community for my mistake,
So because of a car wreck and stress from work, that made you text someone and request more money on an already made deal, because you had other higher offers? That doesn’t make any sense to me at all
City74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 12:53 AM   #10
MonBK
Banned

x2 ^
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 12:56 AM   #11
Beckster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
I think what Jeff meant by a mistake is an error of judgement on his part. Not ideal but at least he has attempted to rectify the situation.
Old 20 September 2018, 01:06 AM   #12
jhondo
"TRF" Member

I hope Alex is okay and recovering from his accident. Concerning the watch in question, I'm no longer interested and he can sell it to the higher bidder.
Old 20 September 2018, 01:13 AM   #13
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Considering the unfortunate events with accident and phone,
It’s sorted as best it can be, comments made are sufficient to come to your own conclusions.

The OP either:

1)Accepts the deal
2)Makes a better lower offer
3)Walks away
Old 20 September 2018, 04:10 AM   #14
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
It wasn't an open ended conversation. We agreed upon a price. I don't know why a seller with thousands of posts and multiple positive feedbacks would do this. I will just chalk this up to experience and move on. It sure isn't a post I wanted to make. The watch was listed on this forum.
Good of you to post this behaviour and like you I would not have bought that watch anymore from this dealer
Old 20 September 2018, 12:15 PM   #15
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Have you ever considered that due to multiple listings
on various sites according to your post might I remind you
and multiple offers yours may have gotten caught up in
the mix ???

Just thinking out loud that’s all ... on the other hand I’m sure
what ever you were interested in was not one of a kind...
just sayin ...
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 01:31 AM   #16
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Have you ever considered that due to multiple listings
on various sites according to your post might I remind you
and multiple offers yours may have gotten caught up in
the mix ???

Just thinking out loud that’s all ... on the other hand I’m sure
what ever you were interested in was not one of a kind...
just sayin ...
Keeping the sales straight is a seller responsibility. TRF has rules about pricing. Maybe other sites don’t but if you’re going to sell here you should invest the effort to keep track of your sale. I’ve purchased from a seller that has dozens of watches available on many sites, and he managed to keep my transaction clean and appropriate to the advert. It’s what keeps his rep pristine.

There seems to be one off circumstances here. And people can make up their own mind about how much those events contributed to the OP’s complaint. But your point of having multiple sales going at one time isn’t a valid excuse to bump the price on a done deal.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 01:44 AM   #17
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Keeping the sales straight is a seller responsibility. TRF has rules about pricing. Maybe other sites don’t but if you’re going to sell here you should invest the effort to keep track of your sale. I’ve purchased from a seller that has dozens of watches available on many sites, and he managed to keep my transaction clean and appropriate to the advert. It’s what keeps his rep pristine.

There seems to be one off circumstances here. And people can make up their own mind about how much those events contributed to the OP’s complaint. But your point of having multiple sales going at one time isn’t a valid excuse to bump the price on a done deal.
Point taken but my point wasn’t to excuse the price hike.
I was just giving the benefit of the doubt to the seller who’s
been on TRF for awhile.
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote