The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 21 September 2019, 12:39 PM   #31
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
I was bored and wanted to try it on a strap; but then I realize after a while I probably would screw something up, scratch the crap out of the lug holes and not like the result anyway. And then of course public opinion and peer pressure that convinced me of the wrongness of my ways. Even Tom (GB man) got all fired up. Never seen him like that lol

Maybe I'll go get a 5726 on a strap or 5712R or 5980R on strap....la la la

I think you’re correct. Better chance of scratching the lug and costing yourself 2k if you decide to sell down the road.
Old 21 September 2019, 12:51 PM   #32
tng11
"TRF" Member

This was possibly a worse idea than me suggesting I bust down my 5712.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=694630
Old 21 September 2019, 01:24 PM   #33
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Blasphemous Nautilus Conversion kit (Made in China)

Quote:
Look, I didn't realize that it was being sold with a deployant and a strap that was infringing on Patek's brand - for that I apologize.

I clicked the link in your original post, and within 30 seconds of browsing that site, you know they are selling counterfeit (not “aftermarket”) branded parts. You said you had been thinking about buying from them for a while, so don’t play dumb.

Old 21 September 2019, 01:27 PM   #34
TJMike
Banned

I checked the website. Did not see it mentioned being made in China. Why make mention the county of origin in the subject heading? It may well have been made in Italy. Or the US. Even if it states it was made in China there is a good chance it was outsourced to another country like Vietnam.
Old 21 September 2019, 02:08 PM   #35
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
I clicked the link in your original post, and within 30 seconds of browsing that site, you know they are selling counterfeit (not “aftermarket”) branded parts. You said you had been thinking about buying from them for a while, so don’t play dumb.

Not going to take the bait here. I'll just say that I've been looking for a conversion kit for a nautilus for a very long time and I was excited to find one. I really don't give a tinker's toot about cheap straps and whether they have a logo on the front, the back or on your presumptuous forehead - most of us who own multiple Pateks usually have them custom made by Camille Fournet anyway. The conversion kit links and screws is rare and I've never seen one.
Old 21 September 2019, 02:10 PM   #36
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
I checked the website. Did not see it mentioned being made in China. Why make mention the county of origin in the subject heading? It may well have been made in Italy. Or the US. Even if it states it was made in China there is a good chance it was outsourced to another country like Vietnam.
It says shipped from China under the shipping policy section.
Old 21 September 2019, 02:12 PM   #37
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
It says shipped from China under the shipping policy section.
In other words, you do not know where it is made.
Old 21 September 2019, 02:13 PM   #38
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
In other words, you do not know where it is made.
True. Assumptions are a dangerous thing. You got me there.

PS: I am Chinese/Singaporean so I get to assume Chinese with a get out of jail free card k?
Old 21 September 2019, 03:39 PM   #39
martinr
"TRF" Member

It’s made on Mars, factory owned by Elon Musk and subsidized by the US government so you are indirectly paying for it.
Old 21 September 2019, 04:35 PM   #40
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not going to take the bait here. I'll just say that I've been looking for a conversion kit for a nautilus for a very long time and I was excited to find one. I really don't give a tinker's toot about cheap straps and whether they have a logo on the front, the back or on your presumptuous forehead - most of us who own multiple Pateks usually have them custom made by Camille Fournet anyway. The conversion kit links and screws is rare and I've never seen one.

Whatever your intentions, you choose whether or not you will support counterfeiters. You’re not the first rich guy that has chosen to do business with shady outfits, and you’re not the first to claim “I didn’t know”.
Old 21 September 2019, 08:00 PM   #41
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
True. Assumptions are a dangerous thing. You got me there.

PS: I am Chinese/Singaporean so I get to assume Chinese with a get out of jail free card k?
I thought u were Korean. Doh
And GB man is Tom....

Learn something every day
Old 22 September 2019, 02:01 AM   #42
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
Regardless of what parts you use or don’t use you’re supporting these counterfeiters by buying anything from them. Rationalize it anyway you want but it’s a fact.
it is a joke man. nothing but a joke. why come down heavy?
Old 22 September 2019, 02:14 AM   #43
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam66 View Post
What’s a joke? All I’m saying is if you’re buying from a counterfeit dealer and using part of the product you are keeping them in business regardless of the part you keep and the part you through away.
Old 22 September 2019, 02:24 AM   #44
Fat_ninja
Banned

I don’t think any of us here buy from counterfeiters... probably just an honest mistake and caught up in the moment. Aprobably tunnel vision and only noticed the link portion. I know when I clicked on the link that’s all I noticed until you guys all called it out
Old 22 September 2019, 02:34 AM   #45
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey don’t worry about it bro, I am good. Folks are entitled to their opinion, no skin off my back. I am glad I pulled the plug on the purchase thanks to everyone. As to people that questions my intentions, I could care less. Now strongly considering a 5726 or 5712r next for the look. ;)
Old 22 September 2019, 03:09 AM   #46
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey don’t worry about it bro, I am good. Folks are entitled to their opinion, no skin off my back. I am glad I pulled the plug on the purchase thanks to everyone. As to people that questions my intentions, I could care less. Now strongly considering a 5726 or 5712r next for the look. ;)

If being wealthy enough to afford those pieces makes you feel better (and it would make me feel better ;-), then good for you. FWIW, I wasn’t questioning your intentions. Just expressing my distaste at supporting those businesses, even a little bit.
Old 22 September 2019, 03:48 AM   #47
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
If being wealthy enough to afford those pieces makes you feel better (and it would make me feel better ;-), then good for you. FWIW, I wasn’t questioning your intentions. Just expressing my distaste at supporting those businesses, even a little bit.
Understood man and I respect your opinion. You guys stopped me from making a mistake here
Old 22 September 2019, 04:55 AM   #48
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Ha ! Not to worry Jin both our subscriptions to PP magazine are intact . :-)
Old 22 September 2019, 06:22 AM   #49
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What’s a joke? All I’m saying is if you’re buying from a counterfeit dealer and using part of the product you are keeping them in business regardless of the part you keep and the part you through away.
look for my money i can buy what i want and so can the OP. if he thinks it is fun then so what. you want to shame him or get him arrested? i really dislike that kind of judgmental attitude.
Old 22 September 2019, 06:26 AM   #50
Fat_ninja
Banned

I got ur back Jin

Old 22 September 2019, 06:46 AM   #51
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Got heavy real quick in here.
Old 22 September 2019, 06:55 AM   #52
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
look for my money i can buy what i want and so can the OP. if he thinks it is fun then so what. you want to shame him or get him arrested? i really dislike that kind of judgmental attitude.
I have no idea what you’re talking about in relation to the posts I made in this thread. You guys can buy whatever you want but I can say what I want about it. Shaming him or getting him arrested? What are you talking about? I pointed out he’s buying a counterfeit product, are you saying he wasn’t or that you approve of counterfeit stuff being sold online? As far as having a judgemental attitude and your dislike of it, boo hoo, cry me a river.
Old 22 September 2019, 07:04 AM   #53
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have no idea what you’re talking about in relation to the posts I made in this thread. You guys can buy whatever you want but I can say what I want about it. Shaming him or getting him arrested? What are you talking about? I pointed out he’s buying a counterfeit product, are you saying he wasn’t or that you approve of counterfeit stuff being sold online? As far as having a judgemental attitude and your dislike of it, boo hoo, cry me a river.

i can tell that you have no idea what i am talking about. if you make your point with a less judgmental attitude it may come across better.
Old 22 September 2019, 08:32 AM   #54
timepieceluvr
"TRF" Member

Some serious business going on here on the internet watch forum....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 September 2019, 12:56 PM   #55
tng11
"TRF" Member

/facepalm
Closed Thread