The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Old 13 July 2006, 01:26 PM   #1
Mr.RadioActive

New to forum!

Hello All-
My name is Michael, and I live in Arizona....Im addicted to Rolex watches. Just kidding. I am a forum administrator on another site (non related) so its kinda tough to join and get that one post status!
This year has been a big Rolex spending spree. I bought a preowned Sea Dweller, that was sold back. I bought a new Sea Dweller which was traded in! Right now I have a new (just got it about 4 weeks ago) Rose Gold Datejust, with the new style band, and thicker bezel. Its got a mother of pearl face, with rose gold roman numerals. I really like the solid gold band, it makes the match much heavier and gives it a great feel. I wear it alot! Already has a few minor scratches to prove it! But I buy them to wear!
My beater watch if you will is a (preowned bought in 2002) datejust. Its a stainless watch, with a blue face, and roman numerals. I bought both watches from a very well known Rolex dealer in AZ called Hamra. They have the largest selection of Rolex watches around.
Well Ill stop boring everyone, thanks for having me!
Mr.RadioActive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2006, 01:30 PM   #2
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Welcome to TRF, Michael we're glad you stopped in You have yourself a couple of beauties there, best of luck with them. Stop by as often as you can, have some laughs and post some pic's of those beauties if you can
Old 13 July 2006, 01:39 PM   #3
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Welcome aboard
Glad to see you like to actually wear your watches too
Those scratches are known as adding "character" to you watch

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2006, 01:45 PM   #4
Mr.RadioActive

LOL! My watches are worn every place I go! Im wearing my rose gold watch as I type! Now I dont do yard work in it........I switch it to the stainless for that!
Old 13 July 2006, 02:36 PM   #5
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Welcome to TRF Michael.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2006, 04:18 PM   #6
Mr.RadioActive

I had rec'd a PM so i wanted to tell you more about my watch, its a 11040 Gents Datejust, Steel & Pink Gold, Black MOP Roman Dial, Oyster Bracelet. Took that off the box!
Old 13 July 2006, 04:23 PM   #7
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RadioActive View Post
I had rec'd a PM so i wanted to tell you more about my watch, its a 11040 Gents Datejust, Steel & Pink Gold, Black MOP Roman Dial, Oyster Bracelet. Took that off the box!
Hi Michael,

A big welcome to TRF. Great selection you got there...please post some pics when you can.

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2006, 04:26 PM   #8
Mr.RadioActive

Ill try to get a pic to post. Its a snazzy watch Ive never seen one before. The jewler said he hadnt either.
Old 13 July 2006, 04:31 PM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Ill try to get a pic to post. Its a snazzy watch Ive never seen one before. The jewler said he hadnt either.
Just one thing, Michael. If you say it's a 11040, how can it be a steel/pink gold?? All Rolex watches with the last number as 0 should be SS.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 13 July 2006, 05:46 PM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Welcome to TRF Michael but could you check your model number again, are you sure those are the correct numbers.11040??

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2006, 06:55 PM   #11
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Hi Michael and welcome to TRF. Those are some nice watches you have. Can't wait to see a few pics of them. Hope you can stick around and have some fun here.
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2006, 12:02 AM   #12
colemanitis
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 1090
Welcome to TRF!
Member #471
colemanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2006, 08:02 AM   #13
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Let me add my welcome to TRF, Michael. Glad you found your way over to our merry madhouse. Stick around and post often. We like members who post enough to keep JJ from hoarding the bandwidth here.

And definitely post pics of those two beauties. Personally, I'm a sucker for Roman dials.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2006, 06:10 PM   #14
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex View Post
Let me add my welcome to TRF, Michael. Glad you found your way over to our merry madhouse. Stick around and post often. We like members who post enough to keep JJ from hoarding the bandwidth here.

And definitely post pics of those two beauties. Personally, I'm a sucker for Roman dials.
You love Romans, Johnny loves Arabs and I love sheep!! What the hell is wrong with us?

Old 14 July 2006, 10:20 PM   #15
Rockrolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
You love Romans, Johnny loves Arabs and I love sheep!! What the hell is wrong with us?
Has anyone ever told you that you are a very sick individual? What am I saying? Of course we have - every day.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 15 July 2006, 02:18 AM   #16
Atomic

Are you MikeS by chance?
Old 15 July 2006, 10:25 AM   #17
mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
Are you MikeS by chance?
I don't think MikeS can keep one watch that long, let alone two.
Old 17 July 2006, 12:03 PM   #18
Mr.RadioActive

Sorry dont know any MikeS! Its the numbers on the box. The watch is pink gold and stainless. However the warranty has it checked as gold. The numbers on the box are 11040 however there is a sticker on the warranty envolope this is exactly what it says..... Gents Datejust, Steel & Pink Gold, Black MOP Roman Dial, Oyster Bracelet, 11040, then another sticker 11040, 116201. On the warranty papers it says s/n D56XXXX, style 11620110WB7220 Black Mother of Pearl Roman, checked gold. Ill take a pic.
Old 17 July 2006, 12:31 PM   #19
Mr.RadioActive

I really wish I knew how to do more with computers. I took a pic with my wifes camera and its huge. I havent a clue how to resize it, so when I can figure it out, ill post a pic!
Old 17 July 2006, 04:23 PM   #20
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Sorry dont know any MikeS! Its the numbers on the box. The watch is pink gold and stainless. However the warranty has it checked as gold. The numbers on the box are 11040 however there is a sticker on the warranty envolope this is exactly what it says..... Gents Datejust, Steel & Pink Gold, Black MOP Roman Dial, Oyster Bracelet, 11040, then another sticker 11040, 116201. On the warranty papers it says s/n D56XXXX, style 11620110WB7220 Black Mother of Pearl Roman, checked gold. Ill take a pic.
116201 is the MODEL No. and that's the one you really want as proof that the watch is pink gold....the last number is 1 and that is an indication for Rose Gold. Yellow gold has the last digit as 8, TT is 3 and SS is 0.

Cheers - JJ

Old 22 July 2006, 03:30 PM   #21
Mr.RadioActive

Ahh ok thats good to know. Someones going to get me a photo program to resize pics. I stink with alot of the basic stuff like that. I dont think I have a way of resizing the pics. But soon I will. Im glad to know which number is the real model!
Old 28 July 2006, 06:04 PM   #22
Mr.RadioActive

I've downloaded a program to crop, if all goes well then this post will have a pic of my 2 watches..........lets see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT2074.jpg (38.6 KB, 49 views)
Old 28 July 2006, 06:14 PM   #23
mailman

Quote:
I've downloaded a program to crop, if all goes well then this post will have a pic of my 2 watches..........lets see.
Woah.Two beauties.
Old 29 July 2006, 11:32 AM   #24
colemanitis
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 1090
I agree, that's a stunning pair!
Member #471
colemanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2006, 11:34 AM   #25
Rockrolex

Absolute beauties, RA. Very nice. And I love the Romans. Gives them that much more class.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 29 July 2006, 05:52 PM   #26
Mr.RadioActive

Thank you, buying watches was 10000x easier then figuring out how to post a pic. I had no way of cropping it until I downloaded a free program from google. Anyway, its not the best pic. But my rose gold looks much better in person. Its a beauty and Im really proud of it. I never thought Id wear it everyday since it seems alot of rolex owners have them in boxes more then on a wrist! But I wear them everyday....I just bought a 4 watch winder, and Im ready to go! I was really excited to share it with you guys though. Most people think Im retarted buying expensive watches!
Old 29 July 2006, 06:17 PM   #27
mailman

Quote:
Thank you, buying watches was 10000x easier then figuring out how to post a pic. I had no way of cropping it until I downloaded a free program from google. Anyway, its not the best pic. But my rose gold looks much better in person. Its a beauty and Im really proud of it. I never thought Id wear it everyday since it seems alot of rolex owners have them in boxes more then on a wrist! But I wear them everyday....I just bought a 4 watch winder, and Im ready to go! I was really excited to share it with you guys though. Most people think Im retarted buying expensive watches!
That's why most people aren't here.
Old 30 July 2006, 04:52 AM   #28
Rockrolex

Quote:
Why do you think the rest of us are here, Micael. We're all refugees from the pedestrian world that doesn't understand our terrible affliction and addiction.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 18 August 2006, 05:02 AM   #29
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
I usually own one watch at a time. I have a nice Seiko back in CA, I bought a cheapie $13 Casio for work so I would not break the Seiko. Now that I'm not in such a dangerous environment I want a Rolex, but then need a home for my other watches. Ebay? Donation? What do you guys do with old watches?
astcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2006, 05:04 AM   #30
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by astcell View Post
I usually own one watch at a time. I have a nice Seiko back in CA, I bought a cheapie $13 Casio for work so I would not break the Seiko. Now that I'm not in such a dangerous environment I want a Rolex, but then need a home for my other watches. Ebay? Donation? What do you guys do with old watches?
Old watches, unless exceptionally rare, are worth bugger all. Just keep 'em for old times sake. Now go get that damn Rolex you're yearning for!