Old 16 November 2018, 08:01 AM   #31
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Great looking watch there, my friend!
Thanks brother Michael....

I thought it a fun picture that my wife took......

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 10:06 AM   #32
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_kay View Post
Without spending on another Patek piece, you will find it very difficult. I was very recently in this situation and although I had lots of previous history with the AD I'd never bought a Patek from them. They told me that the Aquanaut, like the Nautilus was a 'reward' piece and that the wait for the 5167 was 4 years. She said if I were to buy a Twenty4 for my wife OR a Calatrava there and then she would be able to get me a 5167 on bracelet within a year and would be able to get me a rubber strap and clasp for it too.

She also mentioned that it was better to buy sooner rather than later as Rolex were getting a price increase in the next couple of days, (This was the end of September) and she predicted that Patek would follow suit. The increase never came to fruition and I managed to get an unworn 2017 5167a with only a small increase on RRP, justified by the fact there could be a rise soon and having sold a 2009 example recently at a very strong price I wouldn't be losing out.
Fingers crossed you find one. They really are amazing watches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_kay View Post
It certainly was WofS!
It seems like you have spoken to JM at WOS.

She had given you incorrect information by saying Patek would soon increase the prices, Patek may increase the prices in March as they normally increase the prices on beginning of March or beginning of September but not in October/November. I know JM well and very disappointed to learn that someone very experienced like her giving incorrect information to her regular clients.

Fiona next door would have got you a 5167A within few months if you had bought a Calatrava or Twenty4/jewellery for your wife.
Sam Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2018, 04:34 AM   #33
lial
"TRF" Member

Just give everyone some hope. I got my 5167a on a bracelet from an AD in 2 months. I have a 6k purchase history from the same jeweler where I purchased a women’s DJ a year before(20% discount off of msrp). Nothing more. I approach the same sales lady and she said there is one person ahead of you and they want a 20% deposit.

2months later she called me. I am a happy guy, even though I paid the bracelet tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lial is offline   Reply With Quote