The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 November 2018, 06:15 AM   #31
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
Have you taken them out to a nice dinner yet? I’d recommend a bottle of white or champagne at $300 price point or higher and then with dinner a nice red in the $600 range. This should move you up one place in the list.

From 132nd to 131st. Sounds like a solid investment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mwlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 06:17 AM   #32
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
I’m afraid that it may be that you’re not even top of the list of first-time buyers. They are more likely to prioritise someone who pops in regularly and is likely to buy other jewellery and watches from them as a result.

And then there are the loyal customers that have been buying from them for years!

AD’s get a bad rep from lots of people on forums, but I wonder if people sometimes forget that they are in business, they don’t owe anyone any favours. Part of their process will be to judge the potential of any new customers, if you are marked as low potential (I.e. only showing an interest in a sought after watch that you can immediately flip for a significant profit) then I suspect you could be waiting a very long time.

I hope I’m wrong and that you get the BLRO soon, and if they have taken your deposit with little intention of supplying you in a reasonable timeframe then that is poor, they could have just taken your name and number. It’s not as if they have ordered it in specially, or that they will struggle to sell it if you change your mind.

And by the way, any statement from them about getting an increased supply at the end of the year is going to be fabricated I would think.

Thank you. I take everything they say with a grain of salt. I’m sure they’ve sold tens of BLROs so far even if I was the first to ask and the first to prove a deposit.

Old 22 November 2018, 06:18 AM   #33
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klenboy View Post
If you really want to get one at an AD where you have no history I suggest you save up for a PM BLRO. Guaranteed you will get that watch right then and there with that.

I have thought about this very many times

The reality is that even if I did this, I’d still want the steel bastard..... :(

Old 22 November 2018, 06:18 AM   #34
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fett1972 View Post
Which AD are you dealing with?

Id prefer not to disclose this information in order to protect the integrity of the AD

Old 22 November 2018, 06:19 AM   #35
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlee00023 View Post
This is sad. You have to buy gifts to a sales rep so they can take your money first. Just sad.

Trust me, I feel very sad and pathetic for being in this situation and lusting over this bloody watch so much...

Old 22 November 2018, 06:20 AM   #36
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlinden View Post
Thank you. I take everything they say with a grain of salt. I’m sure they’ve sold tens of BLROs so far even if I was the first to ask and the first to prove a deposit.

I doubt they have sold tens of them. My BLRO is the only one that my AD has had in so far. They are hoping to get between two and four per year, but so far that is looking ambitious.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 06:22 AM   #37
ahlee00023
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Trust me, I feel very sad and pathetic for being in this situation and lusting over this bloody watch so much...

Didn't mean any offense to you my friend. I was just making a comment of the state of things we're all in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 22 November 2018, 06:23 AM   #38
BT1985
"TRF" Member

I just bought a few hot references from an AD at MSRP where I had no purchase history so never say never. The most satisfying thing was getting my deposit back for the reference I was on the list for while wearing it on my wrist....

BT1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 06:25 AM   #39
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlee00023 View Post
Didn't mean any offense to you my friend. I was just making a comment of the state of things we're all in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No worries, no offense taken! The current state of things is really tragic

Old 22 November 2018, 06:26 AM   #40
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT1985 View Post
I just bought a few hot references from an AD at MSRP where I had no purchase history so never say never. The most satisfying thing was getting my deposit back for the reference I was on the list for while wearing it on my wrist....

I am very aware about this and already congratulated you on your previous post - I was the one that asked you if you were the first time buyer. Very lucky indeed. Doubt I’ll have the same fortune however

Old 22 November 2018, 06:26 AM   #41
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
You're the wrong guy in the wrong country at the wrong time, Bruce.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 06:27 AM   #42
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Prefer to pay grey prices and look in the mirror in the morning with dignity
Old 22 November 2018, 06:29 AM   #43
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am very aware about this and already congratulated you on your previous post - I was the one that asked you if you were the first time buyer. Very lucky indeed. Doubt I’ll have the same fortune however

Yea it was more for those that are saying there is no chance. Not trying to rub it in!

BT1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 06:30 AM   #44
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I doubt they have sold tens of them. My BLRO is the only one that my AD has had in so far. They are hoping to get between two and four per year, but so far that is looking ambitious.

Rolex sales are up by double digits in the US this year. I highly doubt that ADs are getting fewer than 5 BLROs each year...... Instead of telling customers “sorry but I’d rather sell this watch to 100 other people before you” they’d rather harp on about how little supply they are getting from Rolex..... I mean, how is their business even sustainable if they’re sending 1 sports watch every 2 months.....

(I anticipate Incoming messages about most ADs selling higher margin items such a diamonds and jewelry)

Old 22 November 2018, 06:31 AM   #45
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
You're the wrong guy in the wrong country at the wrong time, Bruce.

I am not sure who Bruce is. I wish I was Bruce....Wayne, or Almighty. That might give me a small chance of getting this.....

Old 22 November 2018, 06:40 AM   #46
Token74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Rolex sales are up by double digits in the US this year. I highly doubt that ADs are getting fewer than 5 BLROs each year...... Instead of telling customers “sorry but I’d rather sell this watch to 100 other people before you” they’d rather harp on about how little supply they are getting from Rolex..... I mean, how is their business even sustainable if they’re sending 1 sports watch every 2 months.....

(I anticipate Incoming messages about most ADs selling higher margin items such a diamonds and jewelry)

Firstly they sell more than just sports watches, DJ’s remain mighty popular and in good supply.

Secondly, they make c.40% margin so they’re doing ok ok that front.

Thirdly, jewellery sales are super-profitable, which helps.

And finally, they are absolutely suffering from short supply. I have an excellent relationship with my AD and I know this to be true. And if you doubt my relationship with them, the proof is in the pudding - I received a BLRO four months after Basel, likewise with the Daytona 116500, and I was the first on here to receive a 116600.

Being disparaging about AD’s is probably not the way to win any favour.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Old 22 November 2018, 06:48 AM   #47
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Firstly they sell more than just sports watches, DJ’s remain mighty popular and in good supply.

Secondly, they make c.40% margin so they’re doing ok ok that front.

Thirdly, jewellery sales are super-profitable, which helps.

And finally, they are absolutely suffering from short supply. I have an excellent relationship with my AD and I know this to be true. And if you doubt my relationship with them, the proof is in the pudding - I received a BLRO four months after Basel, likewise with the Daytona 116500, and I was the first on here to receive a 116600.

Being disparaging about AD’s is probably not the way to win any favour.

Thanks for the insight. I guess customers and ADs are suffering in that case.... :(

it is very difficult for me to maintain a positive outlook when I’ve been the first to provide a deposit to this AD, been told I’m at the top of the “list” by the same AD and then seeing so many “incoming” posts in this forum.....

Old 22 November 2018, 06:59 AM   #48
Token74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the insight. I guess customers and ADs are suffering in that case.... :(

it is very difficult for me to maintain a positive outlook when I’ve been the first to provide a deposit to this AD, been told I’m at the top of the “list” by the same AD and then seeing so many “incoming” posts in this forum.....

I understand your frustration, but this forum can be misleading, most on here that are revealing incoming BLRO’s have good relationships with their AD’s and have impressive watch collections.

It’s worth bearing in mind that some AD’s keep an eye on this forum, especially when you have revealed some specifics about things such as chocolates etc.

Also worth bearing in mind that it will taste sweeter when it eventually happens, and you’ll be surprised at how your treated at other AD’s when you walk in with a BLRO on your wrist. Good things come to those who play the long game

Old 22 November 2018, 07:01 AM   #49
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

a lot of the people who are getting blro's at msrp have relationships with their ADs. its a shitty time so you can't expect to be at the top of anyone's list with no purchase history and especially when your only communication with them was through the phone

unfortunately you will have to wait or go grey market
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 07:09 AM   #50
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Hope you sent dark chocolate. Ad’s like dark chocolate vs. milk chocolate.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 07:10 AM   #51
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I understand your frustration, but this forum can be misleading, most on here that are revealing incoming BLRO’s have good relationships with their AD’s and have impressive watch collections.

It’s worth bearing in mind that some AD’s keep an eye on this forum, especially when you have revealed some specifics about things such as chocolates etc.

Also worth bearing in mind that it will taste sweeter when it eventually happens, and you’ll be surprised at how your treated at other AD’s when you walk in with a BLRO on your wrist. Good things come to those who play the long game

Thank you. I appreciate your messages. Yes it seems like there’s a lot of major league players in this forum, yourself included!

If my AD “figures me out” from this forum then I hope that the message they receive from this post is that I’m trying everything I can to be a good first time customer.

As a “first time buyer” I’m just doing everything I possibly can in order to get this dream watch on my wrist.... I wish that I’d been able to build up a sales history, unfortunately I’ve just now reached the point in my career that allows me to afford this dream.

You make an interesting point about being treated differently in other ADs if I were to wear a BLRO. May i please borrow yours for just one day? Hahah. In all seriousness though, if this AD sells me the BLRO, then I’m a loyal customer for life as the ordeals I’ve been through to get this BLRO will not be forgotten any time soon.

Old 22 November 2018, 07:11 AM   #52
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Hope you sent dark chocolate. Ad’s like dark chocolate vs. milk chocolate.

Fantastic insight. thank you!!!

To quote Sandy Lyle: “white chocolateeeee”

Old 22 November 2018, 07:13 AM   #53
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
I am not sure who Bruce is. I wish I was Bruce....Wayne, or Almighty. That might give me a small chance of getting this.....

The one who dies hard.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 07:17 AM   #54
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Hang in there, sometimes you get lucky
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 07:18 AM   #55
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
The one who dies hard.

Yippee Ki-Yay, motherlover !!!

Yes, I am the John McClane of the watch world......

Old 22 November 2018, 07:18 AM   #56
mwlinden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Hang in there, sometimes you get lucky

Thank you very much !

Old 22 November 2018, 07:20 AM   #57
Token74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you. I appreciate your messages. Yes it seems like there’s a lot of major league players in this forum, yourself included!

If my AD “figures me out” from this forum then I hope that the message they receive from this post is that I’m trying everything I can to be a good first time customer.

As a “first time buyer” I’m just doing everything I possibly can in order to get this dream watch on my wrist.... I wish that I’d been able to build up a sales history, unfortunately I’ve just now reached the point in my career that allows me to afford this dream.

You make an interesting point about being treated differently in other ADs if I were to wear a BLRO. May i please borrow yours for just one day? Hahah. In all seriousness though, if this AD sells me the BLRO, then I’m a loyal customer for life as the ordeals I’ve been through to get this BLRO will not be forgotten any time soon.

I’m very minor league compared to the major league on here!

It’s amazing how quickly things can change, so just stay patient and try to enjoy the wait, half the excitement is in the chase!

It took me two years of searching (which included calling EVERY UK Patek dealer, and visiting several) to get a Nautilus on my wrist. I didn’t get frustrated at any point, I just kept trying and waited patiently...and it was worth it!

Old 22 November 2018, 07:21 AM   #58
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
If they were willing to take your deposit I think at least they are taking the “list” seriously, which is a good sign. You should get one at some point if you are willing to be patient.

The chocolate though is a bit over the top IMO, haha. It sort of revealed your state of mind which is desperation; not necessarily a good thing in business dealing. You are the one with money, no need to be desperate.
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 07:24 AM   #59
Bxtek
"TRF" Member

Sad truth is that the AD's use these high demand watches to their advantage to drum up more business. They really don't want to sell to a buyer that might potentially only buy that one, and never to be seen or heard from again. I follow Federico Talks Watches on YouTube. Check out this video as he talks about trying to buy a steel Daytona. He talks about the "list" as well. The steel GMT is in the exact same situation imo. Start viewing at 2:17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCO8Rnsf11Q
Bxtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 07:26 AM   #60
dan993
"TRF" Member

I'm based in the U.K too and my AD has had 3 since release at Basel. I have currently spent around 15k this year with them and I have been told that hopefully I may get mine next year! I haven't spent 15k on watches I don't want but unfortunately this is the game now!
dan993 is offline   Reply With Quote