The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 24 August 2020, 10:41 AM   #31
"TRF" Member

I just came here looking for Chrono24 info as I saw a YG DD40 on there that interested me. However, it said it was a new 2020 model, but I could tell it was not. So, that’s it for me and that website. No way.

I don’t know enough to catch everything, but I was able to see this one, and now will always second-guess any ad on there. For this kind of money, the process must be flawless from start to finish. I will not trust the wild wild web.
2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2020, 03:05 AM   #32
cookqster
"TRF" Member

Chrono24

- great way to pay sales tax and commission
- most of the watches are put up for sale by "verified dealers". You'll notice that most of the watches pictured are stock photos. They often do not actually have the watch and must go and then acquire the watch on their wholesale grey market. This is a shadow network.
- if you are an individual seller, it's hard to get placement of the watch in the sale process. Individual seller watches are harder to find in search results. But those watches are real and tend to be priced better.

Summary - was a better place to buy a watch a few years ago, but they've leaned on their power sellers to create a subscription revenue model and tilted the site and its results in favor of volume players. That's what's happened here at Rolex Forums as well, I suppose with all of the private boutiques, but to a much lesser degree than at C24.
cookqster is offline   Reply With Quote