The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 September 2021, 10:53 PM   #31
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek_collector View Post
it may look a weird post, but i am Patek guy with few Pateks which i posted about here...

I am starting to learn a bit about of F.P. Journey to understand why is this sudden craziness and i am starting to understand a bit of the uniqueness of this brand. i wont collect it, but i would think of owning one watch to have the feel.

of course, their boutiques have no watches. i am liking the Octa Automatique Lune AL Platinum which i found for around $64K.

anyone knows anything about this watch or the price that should be associated with?

thanks.
Can't comment on the asking price, but given the trajectory of FPJ pricing in general it seems about right. I was very close to purchasing this piece a few years ago, but opted for a Chronometre Souveraine instead. In addition to being more wallet friendly at the time, I really fell for the overall case dimensions and dial layout. One of the unique design elements of the CS is the placement of the PR indicator at 3:00 and small seconds between 7-8:00. It's technically challenging to put the PR indicator right next to the crown. The movement was designed around the desired dial layout which I find charming. The movement view on the back is a treat as well, but I wouldn't let that alone drive your decision. Most of the time you'll be admiring the dial after all.

All that said, the Octa Automatique Lune is a gorgeous piece with a mirror image subdial layout of the CS with the addition of the moonphase. You get a little bit more on the dial side, but the movement view is less special and the case wears a bit thicker. Good luck whichever direction you go
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 01:56 AM   #32
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunlun View Post
Here's Mr. Journe wearing his QP, an automatic watch, and a lovely one that's among the most wearable and legible QPs around:

If I win the lottery, I'll have one of those, and also a Chronometre Optimum. I'm greedy!
rolexpatek363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 08:56 AM   #33
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
If I win the lottery, I'll have one of those, and also a Chronometre Optimum. I'm greedy!

You are not greedy enough. If I hit the lottery, I would bid for the Only Watch F Coppola Octa.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 11:23 AM   #34
crod
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ OPTIMUM
I have the Cb, CS, Octa Calendrier and just received the OCTA LUNE and I LOVE IT. The dial is beautiful the legilibity is excellent (specially compared to the calendrier) and IMO has a lot of Journe DNA on it. That said I would start with the CS any variation.
Old 10 September 2021, 01:52 PM   #35
Toffeeman
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5164A
The waiting list is probably at least 2 years now.
Toffeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 03:19 PM   #36
flava_1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3800/1J
Met with someone from the boutique on Monday and the wait list for the C Bleu is out to 2025.

Sent using Tapatalk
flava_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 09:29 PM   #37
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
You are not greedy enough. If I hit the lottery, I would bid for the Only Watch F Coppola Octa.
Yes, that is pretty cool also.
rolexpatek363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 12:20 AM   #38
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeeman View Post
The waiting list is probably at least 2 years now.
Pretty much every piece is already allocated for 2022 so earliest for anything would be sometime in 2023.

You may find a Ladies Elegante with full diamonds at a boutique, other than that, a 40mm Elegante, a CS, or Auto Lune would probably be the the quickest to obtain ( 1 1/2 to 2 years at least).

From my conversations with boutique staff recently, here are some approximate wait times for other models.

Optimum: 3 years.
Resonance: 4 years.
48mm Elegante: list was closed when it reached 4-5 years.
CB: list was closed when it reached 7-8 years.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 12:24 AM   #39
flava_1
"TRF" Member

I was very lucky to get a hold of one 5 years ago. Had absolutely no idea this was to come. Downside is that I’m a little worried about wearing it on the street now as it is more recognised and so is it’s value.

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 11 September 2021, 12:41 AM   #40
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flava_1 View Post
Met with someone from the boutique on Monday and the wait list for the C Bleu is out to 2025.

Sent using Tapatalk
I thought the Chronometre Bleu waitlist is closed? And when I spoke with the Boutique, she told me that the CB is practically non-existing and is only occasionally made for the established collector but there is no waitlist anymore.
Old 11 September 2021, 12:44 AM   #41
flava_1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I thought the Chronometre Bleu waitlist is closed? And when I spoke with the Boutique, she told me that the CB is practically non-existing and is only occasionally made for the established collector but there is no waitlist anymore.

Interesting. Either I’m more of a collector than I think (octa lune platinum, chronometre a resonance) or they are just keeping my hopes alive to sell me other stuff

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 11 September 2021, 12:45 AM   #42
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Pretty much every piece is already allocated for 2022 so earliest for anything would be sometime in 2023.

You may find a Ladies Elegante with full diamonds at a boutique, other than that, a 40mm Elegante, a CS, or Auto Lune would probably be the the quickest to obtain ( 1 1/2 to 2 years at least).

From my conversations with boutique staff recently, here are some approximate wait times for other models.

Optimum: 3 years.
Resonance: 4 years.
48mm Elegante: list was closed when it reached 4-5 years.
CB: list was closed when it reached 7-8 years.
I think your list is quite correct. I have expressed interest at the boutique for both a 40mm Elegante and a Pt CS. I was told I will know of ETA by end of year when allocation is out, the Elegante should be a 2022 but the CS will be 12+ months from allocation so it meant at least end of 2022.

I am also working with an AD for a TV application which I hope to find out within this month. He told me if I get approved, it should be a late 2022 or early 2023. I guess TV has a different production queue. (Hope so...) My AD told me that waitlist for Octa Auto may be slightly better than CS.
Old 11 September 2021, 12:47 AM   #43
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
My understanding is that the list has been closed for quite some time now, but if you are already on it, you might still get one. If you are a well established collector, they will most likely make one for you.
Old 11 September 2021, 12:47 AM   #44
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting. Either I’m more of a collector than I think (octa lune platinum, chronometre a resonance) or they are just keeping my hopes alive to sell me other stuff

Sent using Tapatalk
Hmmm, actually you are giving me hope. When she mentioned collectors with a large collection, I pictured someone with the entire catalogue. Maybe 3-4 watches is considered large enough? Hopefully I will be there someday but with the pace of watches being delivered, I will probably be in the 90s by then.
Old 11 September 2021, 12:51 AM   #45
flava_1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hmmm, actually you are giving me hope. When she mentioned collectors with a large collection, I pictured someone with the entire catalogue. Maybe 3-4 watches is considered large enough? Hopefully I will be there someday but with the pace of watches being delivered, I will probably be in the 90s by then.

Indeed collecting FPJ takes a lot of patience. Perhaps that makes it sweeter when it does happen and knowing that I is something few people have? Best of luck. I do think keeping up regular contact with your FPJ rep does help over time. I’ve been pestering 3 of them for years

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 11 September 2021, 01:01 AM   #46
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Indeed collecting FPJ takes a lot of patience. Perhaps that makes it sweeter when it does happen and knowing that I is something few people have? Best of luck. I do think keeping up regular contact with your FPJ rep does help over time. I’ve been pestering 3 of them for years

Sent using Tapatalk

One thing I found unique with my FPJ experience at both the boutique and the AD is that both of them are real enthusiasts of watches and not just FPJ. And I don’t get the feeling that they are just there to try to maximize sales. With my other brand AD, sometimes I feel that they just try to maximize sales even when I already let them know my interests.
Old 11 September 2021, 01:09 AM   #47
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Sent using Tapatalk
FPJ popularity and waitlists have exploded over the last few years. 4 years ago, you could walk into a boutique and they had all sorts of pieces, including the CB, available. Now the only pieces you might find for sale at a boutique are full diamond Elegantes, if even that.

Unlike several of the other brands which make you spend thousands on less popular pieces to get their less expensive, highly sought pieces, FPJ welcomes new collectors. However, they want to get to know you first and make sure you are not buying a piece just because it's popular or to flip it. They will most likely not sell you a resonance or other low production piece, but will start you off with a CS or an AL.

The key, as you stated, is staying in contact with them to show your interest in becoming a collector. If you happen to live close to one of their boutiques, they have events at least once a month, and attending those will also help to establish a relationship.
Old 11 September 2021, 01:27 AM   #48
Patek_collector
"TRF" Member

I am leaning toward this Octa havana… still thinking of it. But it is growing on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patek_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 01:31 AM   #49
flava_1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
One thing I found unique with my FPJ experience at both the boutique and the AD is that both of them are real enthusiasts of watches and not just FPJ. And I don’t get the feeling that they are just there to try to maximize sales. With my other brand AD, sometimes I feel that they just try to maximize sales even when I already let them know my interests.
Fully agree - was just kidding about their sales tactics. Like a Honda in the 80s, the car that sells itself...
Old 11 September 2021, 01:35 AM   #50
flava_1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
FPJ popularity and waitlists have exploded over the last few years. 4 years ago, you could walk into a boutique and they had all sorts of pieces, including the CB, available. Now the only pieces you might find for sale at a boutique are full diamond Elegantes, if even that.

Unlike several of the other brands which make you spend thousands on less popular pieces to get their less expensive, highly sought pieces, FPJ welcomes new collectors. However, they want to get to know you first and make sure you are not buying a piece just because it's popular or to flip it. They will most likely not sell you a resonance or other low production piece, but will start you off with a CS or an AL.

The key, as you stated, is staying in contact with them to show your interest in becoming a collector. If you happen to live close to one of their boutiques, they have events at least once a month, and attending those will also help to establish a relationship.
Agree.
Old 11 September 2021, 01:38 AM   #51
flava_1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am leaning toward this Octa havana… still thinking of it. But it is growing on me.

If you like the Havana you might also like the limited run CHRONOMÈTRE HOLLAND & HOLLAND Calibre 1304. Really interesting dial and concept.
Disclaimer: I have no idea about availability though...
Old 11 September 2021, 01:41 AM   #52
flava_1
"TRF" Member

I feel obliged to post some pics

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 11 September 2021, 01:42 AM   #53
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I feel obliged to post some pics

Sent using Tapatalk

We are watch twins

Old 11 September 2021, 01:45 AM   #54
flava_1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We are watch twins

Did I mention your immaculate taste in watches?

Old 11 September 2021, 01:46 AM   #55
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
If you like the Havana you might also like the limited run CHRONOMÈTRE HOLLAND & HOLLAND Calibre 1304. Really interesting dial and concept.
Disclaimer: I have no idea about availability though...
The H&H is a limited edition and has been sold out for a long time. Only way to get one is on the secondary market (good luck finding one) and I heard the last one went for 6 figures.
Old 11 September 2021, 01:47 AM   #56
flava_1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The H&H is a limited edition and has been sold out for a long time. Only way to get one is on the secondary market (good luck finding one) and I heard the last one went for 6 figures.
Thanks Skyrider. You clearly are more in the loop than I am!
Old 11 September 2021, 01:47 AM   #57
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Great choice! I was thinking of getting one myself, but settled for the Havana CS instead.
Old 11 September 2021, 01:50 AM   #58
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks Skyrider. You clearly are more in the loop than I am!
My pleasure! I remember trying on the H&H at a boutique a few years ago. But at the time I thought $45K for a stainless steel watch with not even a seconds hands was nuts. How things have changed! That dial is a beauty though!
Old 11 September 2021, 01:53 AM   #59
flava_1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My pleasure! I remember trying on the H&H at a boutique a few years ago. But at the time I thought $45K for a stainless steel watch with not even a seconds hands was nuts. How things have changed! That dial is a beauty though!
Amazing. I got to try it on this past Monday after a visit from a FPJ rep. But it wasn't for sale
(not that I have the funds for it anyhow after buying the CR)
Old 11 September 2021, 01:56 AM   #60
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

If we go back five years, any of the watch price today would be crazy to even contemplate back then.

Just 15 months ago I was offered a 40 mm ti elegante for $8500 from an AD and now I am going to wait for probably a year and pay full price. Seems so unreal.