The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 August 2020, 10:59 PM   #3991
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quiet morning, August doldrums, lack of real news, Apple price target street high of 600.

Jobless claims on Thursday and retail sales on Friday.

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/5-...-monday-081020
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2020, 11:05 PM   #3992
kearez
"TRF" Member

Planning on adding Walmart to my portfolio today. Will see how that plays out.
kearez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2020, 11:15 PM   #3993
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBradleigh View Post
Thanks Beshannon
Here is more reading, I am sticking with STOR and would add on any pullback below my cost basis

https://seekingalpha.com/article/436...ide-is-turning
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 10 August 2020, 11:59 PM   #3994
-dustin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Dropped RKT, added OPGN and TCNNF. High expectations for the week.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 12:03 AM   #3995
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Re-entering NET on weakness today, looking for 36.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 12:09 AM   #3996
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
I added more DKNG today.

What's the consensus here on DKNG's earnings forecast for Friday.

2 of 3 US major sports are in bubbles & have been playing w/o interruption so far (bubbles).

The NFL is the "make or break it" for this stock from betting & daily fantasy though.
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 02:24 AM   #3997
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Value back in play today

MOS, CAT, CNX, NUE, MMM, PPG, UNP . . . too many to list

Looks like investors are positioning for a rotation and a recover into next year

I am long CAT and MMM
Old 11 August 2020, 02:48 AM   #3998
RBradleigh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 Polar
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Here is more reading, I am sticking with STOR and would add on any pullback below my cost basis

https://seekingalpha.com/article/436...ide-is-turning

My key takeaway from the article which I appreciate you posting by the way is 1) For the most part rents are being covered 2) Majority of properties are in less impacted Covid areas 3) dividend payout is fairly safe

- Russell
Old 11 August 2020, 07:01 AM   #3999
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Ugh... I took a look at SRNE today... the stock that caused me a big headache when I lost nearly $20K in May after I didn't dare hold it any longer while it was plummeting...

Guess I should have. Hindsight.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 07:56 AM   #4000
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonline View Post
I added more DKNG today.

2 of 3 US major sports are in bubbles & have been playing w/o interruption so far (bubbles).

The NFL is the "make or break it" for this stock from betting & daily fantasy though.
i think dkng is good long term regardless as states start legalizing sports betting slowly
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 08:17 AM   #4001
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i think dkng is good long term regardless as states start legalizing sports betting slowly

Hey Huncho,

true. I added 75% more to my position today.

I’m a fan of both FanDuel and DraftKings for daily fantasy sports so sports betting is icing on the cake. The daily fantasy is huge enough business plus booking only wins most of the time (not all).
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 09:57 AM   #4002
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey Huncho,

true. I added 75% more to my position today.

I’m a fan of both FanDuel and DraftKings for daily fantasy sports so sports betting is icing on the cake. The daily fantasy is huge enough business plus booking only wins most of the time (not all).

How bout PENN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 10:19 AM   #4003
logo
"TRF" Member

Anyone with thoughts on gold spot price? I have a few gold mining stocks and calls, and while long term I believe gold will run higher, but I’m trying to decide what to do with my calls (October expiry) as I do worry a bit we could see a bit of a temporary retreat in gold prices, just not sure yet for how long or when. I know it’s a bit of a market timing question, which isn’t easy, but curious to hear other members’ gold forecasts.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 11:01 AM   #4004
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Anyone with thoughts on gold spot price? I have a few gold mining stocks and calls, and while long term I believe gold will run higher, but I’m trying to decide what to do with my calls (October expiry) as I do worry a bit we could see a bit of a temporary retreat in gold prices, just not sure yet for how long or when. I know it’s a bit of a market timing question, which isn’t easy, but curious to hear other members’ gold forecasts.

It seems a bit extended at the moment, but I’m not one to speculate on timing. I definitely wouldn’t be opening a new position right now, but I haven’t learned enough about options yet. My guess is it trades a bit sideways for a while at best.

JWD531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 11:02 AM   #4005
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
Ugh... I took a look at SRNE today... the stock that caused me a big headache when I lost nearly $20K in May after I didn't dare hold it any longer while it was plummeting...

Guess I should have. Hindsight.

It’s like looking at car prices after you buy one. Just don’t do it...

Old 11 August 2020, 11:08 AM   #4006
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
College football looks unlikely in the fall

Quote:
I added more DKNG today.

Bad for DKNG. NFL may or may not work out. Forgetting about that stock, I think football should play in spring 2021.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 11:23 AM   #4007
jltait
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200
Quote:
Value back in play today

MOS, CAT, CNX, NUE, MMM, PPG, UNP . . . too many to list

Looks like investors are positioning for a rotation and a recover into next year

I am long CAT and MMM
Yes! Be sure to check out CMI as well.
jltait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 11:32 AM   #4008
jltait
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200
Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Gold bug here. Why own the miners and not the physical metal itself? If you believe the purchasing power of the world’s major currencies is going to continue to erode as it has for the last century or so, then gold has nowhere to go but up. Central banks continue to hoard the stuff while most investors choose to stay away for reasons that are beyond me. I tend to believe they know something we don’t.

Over the next couple of months I believe we’ll see a pullback lasting into October, with $4000/oz within the next two years. Buy with both hands and hold, the real stuff, not paper.
jltait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 11:39 AM   #4009
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Bad for DKNG. NFL may or may not work out. Forgetting about that stock, I think football should play in spring 2021.
nfl would never do spring, they'd have to wait til next fall. i think this season wont go well though
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 12:24 PM   #4010
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltait View Post
Gold bug here. Why own the miners and not the physical metal itself? If you believe the purchasing power of the world’s major currencies is going to continue to erode as it has for the last century or so, then gold has nowhere to go but up. Central banks continue to hoard the stuff while most investors choose to stay away for reasons that are beyond me. I tend to believe they know something we don’t.

Over the next couple of months I believe we’ll see a pullback lasting into October, with $4000/oz within the next two years. Buy with both hands and hold, the real stuff, not paper.
Thanks. Yes I agree we will see gold go way up long term. My rationale for miners is that lets say gold is $1800/oz, and operating cost for that 1 oz is $800. That's $1000 profit for the miners. If gold goes up to $2400 then that's a 33% increase in gold price, but a 60% increase in profit for the miners. So I figure they have more room for upward movement, assuming operating cost remains stable (and it has in fact decreased due to cheap oil).
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 08:46 PM   #4011
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltait View Post
Yes! Be sure to check out CMI as well.
Yes that is another good one, I prefer CAT at this point, higher yield and far more beaten down
Old 11 August 2020, 09:13 PM   #4012
beshannon
"TRF" Member

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/5-...tuesday-081120

Futures up on vaccine news, some earnings but mostly quiet trade. I will look to fade this move higher as it is not sustainable IMHO
Old 11 August 2020, 11:11 PM   #4013
np2016
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP,
Definitely a major shift to deep cyclicals from technology going on.
np2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 11:20 PM   #4014
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by np2016 View Post
Definitely a major shift to deep cyclicals from technology going on.
Value rotation, protecting gains and not enough liquid money to move both the DOW and the NASDAQ at the same time.

We are getting very toppy, I am selling into this (fake) rally off the back of the news cycle today.

Where some people see risk-on I see panic buying. Funds and ETF's had massive outflows in July and that money is now FOMO.

Stay cautious and protect your gains
Old 12 August 2020, 12:15 AM   #4015
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Just started a small position in PPG

Not selling anything yet
Old 12 August 2020, 12:22 AM   #4016
Uggi
Banned

Aston Martin now up by 45% in 3 weeks (7.5% today). I moved out of some Google to finance this trade and will let it run as I believe in the new management team and strategy.
Also plan to buy more NET today or tomorrow (target is 35 for me)
Nothing else happening for me - I'm still holding everything I have.
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 12:43 AM   #4017
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
Aston Martin now up by 45% in 3 weeks (7.5% today). I moved out of some Google to finance this trade and will let it run as I believe in the new management team and strategy.
Also plan to buy more NET today or tomorrow (target is 35 for me)
Nothing else happening for me - I'm still holding everything I have.

Took some profits from AMD the other day due to being overbought and overvalued. Bought some more JPM premarket as my cyclical play. So far so good. Will dip my toe in some NET soon as well once it establishes a new bottom. Same with FSLY once it recovers from wherever it finds a bottom.

Old 12 August 2020, 12:45 AM   #4018
AshCashEmAll
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 114060
Talking Stocks 2.0

Quote:
Just started a small position in PPG

Not selling anything yet

Me too but I’m tempted to dump fsly for I’m worried where it’s new bottom will be...

AshCashEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 12:50 AM   #4019
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshCashEmAll View Post
Me too but I’m tempted to dump fsly for I’m worried where it’s new bottom will be...

Cannot help there I have no opinion on FSLY other than the rotation out of tech in general is going to continue
Old 12 August 2020, 01:01 AM   #4020
AshCashEmAll
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Cannot help there I have no opinion on FSLY other than the rotation out of tech in general is going to continue

Oh well stocks were fun but I’m back to the amount I had 3 months ago going into this game. It was a fun ride and I’m glad I didn’t lose anything.

AshCashEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote