The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 28 July 2020, 01:41 AM   #1
giorgio.a
"TRF" Member

Aqua Terra 8800 running outside Metas standards

My Omega Aqua Terra 8800 had always been very accurate when fully wound (+0/0.5 per day). It’s been like that for a very long time. I’ve been wearing it much less lately and now when fully wounds it runs at about -3/4 secs per day. This is outside metas standards (0/+5 secs per day).

Due to my relative lack of experience I ask: is this cause of concern? Should I do anything about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giorgio.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 05:25 PM   #2
giorgio.a
"TRF" Member

Nobody? Really?

Old 31 July 2020, 05:45 PM   #3
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
How does it run when on you wrist over 14 days?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 07:17 PM   #4
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio.a View Post
My Omega Aqua Terra 8800 had always been very accurate when fully wound (+0/0.5 per day). It’s been like that for a very long time. I’ve been wearing it much less lately and now when fully wounds it runs at about -3/4 secs per day. This is outside metas standards (0/+5 secs per day).

Due to my relative lack of experience I ask: is this cause of concern? Should I do anything about it?

If "about -3/4 secs per day" means three quarters of a second per day, then I would give it a bit more time and see how it behaves. If you mean to say it's losing three or four seconds per day, and if it's consistently like this over the course of a week or two, then I think I would ask Omega to inspect it under warranty.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 09:24 PM   #5
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Just a few thoughts, a specification is not a guarantee.

How old is the watch? Do you want it opened to have it regulated? If you are not wearing it much why does it matter?
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2020, 12:11 AM   #6
giorgio.a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
How does it run when on you wrist over 14 days?

It keeps losing a few second every day... so over 14 days it’ll be at least 20 sec behind I’d imagine...

Old 1 August 2020, 12:11 AM   #7
giorgio.a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
If "about -3/4 secs per day" means three quarters of a second per day, then I would give it a bit more time and see how it behaves. If you mean to say it's losing three or four seconds per day, and if it's consistently like this over the course of a week or two, then I think I would ask Omega to inspect it under warranty.

The latter: I mean to say it’s losing 3 or 4 seconds per day and consistently...

Old 1 August 2020, 12:13 AM   #8
giorgio.a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Just a few thoughts, a specification is not a guarantee.

How old is the watch? Do you want it opened to have it regulated? If you are not wearing it much why does it matter?

The watch is less than 2 years old. I’m not sure if I want it open, I wanted to get some feedback here to see if I should do it or not...

Old 1 August 2020, 12:45 AM   #9
CKizzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tachymeter
I am amazed at how many threads there are on seconds lost or gained on our watches...who monitors such things and how does it affect your life...or get a life!
CKizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2020, 01:20 AM   #10
giorgio.a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKizzy View Post
I am amazed at how many threads there are on seconds lost or gained on our watches...who monitors such things and how does it affect your life...or get a life!

Good, now you’re covered for your daily dose of wisdom preaching.

Old 1 August 2020, 01:39 AM   #11
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
Quote:
It doesn't affect anyone's life but when you go in and buy a Metas certified watch you hear all about it's insane accuracy and that's part of their sales pitch. You expect to get what they say you'll get at that point and when you don't, even if it's the biggest first world problem of all time, it's a bit annoying.

I bought a new SMP300 and from day one it loses about 6 seconds a day no matter if I'm wearing it everyday or not. It bugs me for sure because it's just not supposed to do that. Doesn't bug me enough to send it in but still it's way outside the guidelines it's supposed to fall in.
PhilLynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2020, 01:56 AM   #12
giorgio.a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilLynott View Post
It doesn't affect anyone's life but when you go in and buy a Metas certified watch you hear all about it's insane accuracy and that's part of their sales pitch. You expect to get what they say you'll get at that point and when you don't, even if it's the biggest first world problem of all time, it's a bit annoying.

I bought a new SMP300 and from day one it loses about 6 seconds a day no matter if I'm wearing it everyday or not. It bugs me for sure because it's just not supposed to do that. Doesn't bug me enough to send it in but still it's way outside the guidelines it's supposed to fall in.

Exactly this. It’s part of what they sell.

I’m not losing sleep over it but I just wanted to hear other people’s experience. That’s why we’re on a forum...

Old 13 August 2020, 07:02 AM   #13
dummykid
"TRF" Member

We pay a high price tag on Omega/Rolex because the ads shows high accuracy. Otherwise, I would just spend 1/10 money for a cheap one.
dummykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 07:50 AM   #14
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio.a View Post
Good, now you’re covered for your daily dose of wisdom preaching.

+1
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2020, 03:25 AM   #15
cajunron
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Quote:
Guy was just asking a question on a watch forum. Isn't that what this is for?
Old 17 August 2020, 10:52 AM   #16
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
There a tons of things that affect accuracy but if your watch has been running perfect and now gains or loses a lot of time compared to what it’s been doing it’s up to you if you want to send it in under warranty

My Rolex DJII gains a solid +4 SPD so by weeks end it’s about 30 secs fast, it’s still under warranty but for me it’s not worth sending in for 15 secs to get it possibly to there +/- 2 spd but it’s all up to the owner
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote