ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 July 2023, 04:43 PM   #1
100thmonkey
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Are Beautiful
Rolex Datejust 41 Mint Green - 126334

My thoughts and ramblings of the DJ 41 MG

On The Wrist

Straight out of the coffin it was a perfect first! This surprised me as I have a 7.25” Wrist and the DateJust seems to be sized to just a smidge over that without the comfort link open, I imagine that with the comfort link open and a slide of the clasp internals a few notches it will be closer to 8” which is standard ish on Sports Models. It fits like a glove, that’s the joy of years of wearing Oyster bracelets they just always feel like an old friend.

I had originally considered the datejust on a jubilee, the debate will forever rage on but I think being sensible it is fair to say that actually having the choice of both allows you to adapt the watch to your lifestyle and desire, the jubilee is more dressy, some say more comfortable yet I find it feels wrong on me, hard to explain but sort of light and flimsy but it certainly is not. As I am in jeans and t shirts more than suits and ties the Oyster was a far better option and I feel it directs the eye towards the dial more whereas the jubilee makes the ‘whole’ watch a bling thing which isn’t a bit of me, I think the GMT is the only watch I would have on a jubilee personally.

Dial

It’s all about the dial. I had previously had a Slate dial which I passed to a friend on the understanding he would always return it to me and that was the only Datejust I would have previously considered but then along comes the Mint Green and it is fantastic, not only quintessentially Rolex as Green is the Trademark but a lovely burst and subtle at the same time. I have always wanted Rolex to produce a deep red/burgundy/maroon dial but doubt they will, however if they did it would be top of my list if they got the hue and saturation right.

We haven’t mentioned the Blue that is often raved about, I place it 3rd or 4th in the datejust 41mm range behind Slate Grey and possibly the Wimbledon but when the same dial is placed in a Sky-Dweller then it is definitely No 1 in blue with a green a close second. Weird how the additions on a dial can change its look and feel.

Dial is clean and clear with 5 min written text and the now standard inner Renault engraved ‘Rolex Rolex Rolex’ and perfectly aligned with the minute markers (Usually an easy way to spot a fake). If I was a betting man I would suggest we may see a slight change in dial colour for the Mint Green, maybe a shade darker but this is pure speculation based on customer comments at certain levels!

Bracelet

Oyster - The best all rounder, strong, comfortable and easily adjustable. Polished Center links for added bling which compliment the fluted bezel perfectly, the brushed polished contrast across the watch are balanced and harmonise to make each one pop along with the dial Center stage.

Movement

I wont pretend to ever fully understand a movement but think we can agree that the 3235 is an improvement over the previous fantastic 3135, that said there were reported problems on release! This is nothing new as historically movements have been problematic when placed in differing cases, when I was in the trade full time we had forever problems with 26mm and 29mm Datejust as the case size seemed to influence the movement and those early reported problems with the 3235 reported on the internet (we all know they only report the 2 that don’t work rather the the 2000 that do) now appear to be over so looks like someone has tweaked the production line in Geneva.

Conclusion

Less is more, The datejust does not need to try to hard to be superb, understated class and a splash of special colour on the dial make this my No 1 choice in the DJ range, add the standard 5 year warranty and comfort of reliable and rigid customer service standards and you have to raise a glass to a watch that hasn’t broken the mould but it has certainly iced the cake.

Thanks for Reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 01:31 AM   #2
Raiderred11k
"TRF" Member

Great Watch! I really like that dial. Like you said less is more I feel like just right shade of green, Just bright enough to have character but not too flashy. Oyster bracelet is a great fit instead of jubilee for this one IMHO.
Raiderred11k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 01:18 PM   #3
GoldenMotif
"TRF" Member

Very nice, I just got a 2023 DJ41 Ref 126333 with Gold Motif Dial.I’d really like some help on how to share my first post!
GoldenMotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2023, 06:38 AM   #4
Skabadi
"TRF" Member

Collecting mine from AD tomorrow. Really excited. Will post some pics tomorrow
Skabadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 06:36 PM   #5
Kenwiin
"TRF" Member

Lovely dail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kenwiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 07:36 AM   #6
jamesmayfield
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch! I like the black dial or blue dial with stick markers and fluted bezel. My grail is the black dial piece like the one here. I have seen this model go back as early as 2018 and almost purchased one but it had the roman numerals on the dial.
jamesmayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2024, 11:51 PM   #7
ch11
"TRF" Member

I love the Mint Green Dial
ch11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2024, 11:51 PM   #8
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Great in depth review and photography
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2024, 11:05 AM   #9
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
Wish they had a SS 36mm OP in mint green.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 12:25 PM   #10
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

Great review. I am on the list at a bunch of ADs for this very watch, with the Oyster.

I personally find the Oyster helps to just "tone down" the fluted bezel.
GrailTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 02:52 PM   #11
StellarisCollection
"TRF" Member

most definitely a timeless piece.
simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
StellarisCollection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 12:34 AM   #12
rudeangel
"TRF" Member

beautiful!
rudeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2024, 02:04 PM   #13
brockytop
"TRF" Member

Wow! That's a beautiful DJ 41, Monkey.

I recently got a call from an AD saying they had a DJ 41, silver dial, fluted, jubilee for which I had gotten on the list but didn't expect to hear from them! Needless to say, I cleared out space on the credit card and plunked it down.

I thought that the silver dial is the only one I would consider on the DJ but your Mint Green has me thinking otherwise. And, since the jubilee was made for the Datejust, I feel that should be the bracelet of choice but the oyster goes brilliantly with the MG dial. I wanted a DJ 41 to have a dressy watch so silver/fluted/jubilee is still the only way I would go but the MG on the oyster perfectly fills your desire for a more casual, everyday watch.

Dang, I may have to get on the list again...

Well done!
brockytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2024, 10:19 PM   #14
Fashiongirl24
"TRF" Member

So beautiful😍!
Fashiongirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 09:33 AM   #15
CJNJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oysterdate
Super handsome watch...I want one too!
CJNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 10:47 PM   #16
wgdaytona
2024 Pledge Member

Beautiful.
wgdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2024, 10:49 AM   #17
Aviela.W
"TRF" Member

In-depth review spiced with great photography to do justice to this timeless piece.
Aviela.W is offline   Reply With Quote