The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 11 November 2007, 09:00 AM   #1
sleedawg
"TRF" Member

Icon5 Let's play... Is it real or fake?

Big fan of the site. I've been a lurker for a long time, but this is my frist post. I currently own a couple of Rolexes all purchased new from a wonder AD in New Jersey, but now I'm looking to pick up a Sub for an everyday "beater." I figure I'd look for a "bargain" because I don't really care as much about what happens to it. So being a gambling man... I'm gonna throw down on an eBay gamble. Apparently the fakes are getting to the point where it's getting almost darn hard to tell, and now apparently they're selling them with boxes and documents?!

After reading about XELOR post http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=21039 about a horologist being fooled and the RSC in NY initially not able to identify a fake until they took a better inspection during servicing, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is the original box set that came with a 2002-2003 Y series watch and is there any warning signs with this watch?

I'll be sending it to the RSC in NY the second I receive it for it's 5 year service, but before I buy I wanted to make sure there's no major warning signs.

If you can poke holes in this collection set I'd GREATLY appreciate it. And yes, I know buy the seller before you buy the product.

Thanks in advance!
sleedawg is offline   Reply With Quote