The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 1 July 2014, 07:50 AM   #1
aaronb03
"TRF" Member

Icon8 Stolen rolex submariner - stolen by jermaine nicholas dillon & candice dillon

I know its a longshot, but thought I may as well put it up here just in case and to help future people. I was contacted via an online ad to sell my watch, after doing some research I thought FedEx Express Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) would be the best option to facilitate the transaction being that the Fed Ex person I spoke to said they would verify authenticity of the cashiers check when they picked up. I shipped the watch out on 6/27/2013 and was delivered on 6/28/2013 to the name and address listed on the ID picture I was given by the buyers. On Monday 6/30/13 I went to cash the check and was told it was a fraudulent cashiers check.

I had spoken multiple times with the buyer and his wife on the phone, their phone number is (713) 826-7099 7138267099. The man's name is Jermaine Nicholas Dillon, D.O.B 07/29/1981, Driver's License # 37594074 and the wife's name is Candice Dillon, Driver's License # 26364052. Both of them were Texas licence numbers and their address which I also had the watch shipped to is: 3131 Hayes Rd. #314, Houston, Texas, 77082

Info on my watch: Model # 16613 Serial # A698689
Offering $1,500.00 Dollar Reward.
Please contact me with any information here: CLICK TO CONTACT

Theft Pics and Info:
Jermaine Dillon 3131 Hayes Rd. #314, Houston, Texas, 77082, D.O.B 07/29/1981

aaronb03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2014, 11:11 AM   #2
hdrazor251
"TRF" Member

Watch: is recovered!!
I assume you have filed a police report, correct?

Best of luck catching the scum.
Old 1 July 2014, 11:19 AM   #3
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

call the police immediately if you have not already contacted them
Old 1 July 2014, 11:47 AM   #4
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Some things are not adding up here: You have all their info, you should contact the police. Secondly if someone was willing to pay you $8585 for a A serial 16613, you should have known it was a scam. On a good day, you may get 6k for that watch. Anyway I hope you get some answers.....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2014, 01:47 PM   #5
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

You did the right thing by getting a copy of the DL but are sure it's real? I would recommend to other dealers or sellers to ask for a work email to verify employment and identity. Anybody with $8500 to spend on a watch should have a verifiable email address and wouldn't want you calling their employer in case of fraud. It also makes sense to Google where you are shipping to and use some common sense. The apartment you shipped to definitely doesn't scream $8500 Submariner.
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2014, 01:50 PM   #6
mjm800
"TRF" Member

I know hind sight is 20/20 but why would you not use bank wire transfer? Even paypal would have been a safer bet than a cashier's check pickup by a Fedex guy!
Old 1 July 2014, 05:48 PM   #7
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
I'm amazed that checks are still this widely used since it's clearly a forum for crime.

I've seen a check once in my life in Finland (not kidding!) and that was payment for a house. That check was presented to the bank, and of course this bank called and verified the authenticity of this check with the bank who had written it.

Best of luck. The Police is where you should start.
Old 1 July 2014, 07:02 PM   #8
applebook
"TRF" Member

Never accept a big check from unknown people.

Even if you get to hold onto your watch while the check clears, it might bounce and cost you a service fee and wasted time.
Old 1 July 2014, 07:03 PM   #9
applebook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Some things are not adding up here: You have all their info, you should contact the police. Secondly if someone was willing to pay you $8585 for a A serial 16613, you should have known it was a scam. On a good day, you may get 6k for that watch. Anyway I hope you get some answers.....
Maybe it's NOS, but even then that's a big premium.
Old 1 July 2014, 09:22 PM   #10
andrewd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
I'm amazed that checks are still this widely used since it's clearly a forum for crime.

I've seen a check once in my life in Finland (not kidding!) and that was payment for a house. That check was presented to the bank, and of course this bank called and verified the authenticity of this check with the bank who had written it.

Best of luck. The Police is where you should start.
Yes the stone-age banking system in the USA surprised me when I moved here. Before moving here I hadn't used a cheque book for 20 years. They don't even use chip and pin credit cards here so credit card fraud is rampant. Seems strange that a country that is so innovative in some areas is so backward in its banking systems.
andrewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2014, 12:03 AM   #11
Rootbeer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewd View Post
Yes the stone-age banking system in the USA surprised me when I moved here. Before moving here I hadn't used a cheque book for 20 years. They don't even use chip and pin credit cards here so credit card fraud is rampant. Seems strange that a country that is so innovative in some areas is so backward in its banking systems.
Well said Andrew and you beat me to it. While there are huge plusses to the USA there are some areas in which it is way behind. The return and indeed proliferation of cheques was a surprise, as was paying fees to withdraw cash from another bank's machine or paying more to buy fuel other than with cash. And back to landline phones (that are almost unusable due to robocalls and marketing spam) and hospital departments using fax machines to comminucate with each other rather than computers. But I digress.

COD in the UK always meant cash on delivery to me. Best of luck.
Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2014, 01:20 AM   #12
rlp
"TRF" Member

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Looks like this guy also sells custom skate attire to the ladies in Houston...here's the number to his business if it's the same dude. Call him up and order a few thousand pair.
rlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2014, 02:02 AM   #13
aaronb03
"TRF" Member

Yes in hindsight I should have done some more research. On the price of the watch, I had put the ad up at $8500 because that is what my local watch shop said they would sell it for. I thought I was pretty safe with shipping and payment because the FedEx rep specifically told me multiple times that they did verify authenticity of the check when they pick it up, and it was a cashier's check, not a personal check. I did call cops and filed police report immediately, but we'll see how that goes, Houston PD didn't seem like they were that excited about investigating it. I'm just praying FedEx C.O.D insurance covers it at this point.
Old 2 July 2014, 02:25 AM   #14
kbar
"TRF" Member

^ looks like the same guy.
Just curious, have you tried getting in touch with him afterwards?
It doesn't seem like he over-planned this scam.
By that I mean: no fake id or address(as it appears)
Just a counterfeit check.
kbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2014, 02:32 AM   #15
Kringkily
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster, Rolex
That check looked like someone type wrote it in...
Kringkily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2014, 03:19 AM   #16
aaronb03
"TRF" Member

Yes I know its hindsight, but I thought it was a pretty safe way to sell it being that the FedEx representative told me multiple times that they verify authenticity of the check before they release the item. On the price of the watch, my local watch guy told me that's what they would sell for if it was for sale at their shop, so that's the amount I posted the for sale ad for. I have already filed police reports locally and in Houston, thanks to @rlp for the facebook page. I have his new number now. I'm waiting for Houston PD to go by the delivery address. (Not moving very quickly) I'm praying the FedEx C.O.D shipping insurance will cover it, but we'll see.
Old 2 July 2014, 03:58 AM   #17
Lgear080
Banned

Aaron ... It's widely known all cod is a scam. You were offered $3k over valuation at best
On your watch. I'm completely confused. Where was the original "AD"
You placed located?
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2014, 05:03 AM   #18
function12
"TRF" Member

Same phone # here.
http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...php?p=12709320
function12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2014, 07:14 AM   #19
dstacy
Banned

Watch: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronb03 View Post
Yes I know its hindsight, but I thought it was a pretty safe way to sell it being that the FedEx representative told me multiple times that they verify authenticity of the check before they release the item. On the price of the watch, my local watch guy told me that's what they would sell for if it was for sale at their shop, so that's the amount I posted the for sale ad for. I have already filed police reports locally and in Houston, thanks to @rlp for the facebook page. I have his new number now. I'm waiting for Houston PD to go by the delivery address. (Not moving very quickly) I'm praying the FedEx C.O.D shipping insurance will cover it, but we'll see.
I hope insurance does indeed cover it, but I'm not going to hold my breath. If you read the FINE PRINT on FedEx's website you'll see FedEx does NOT insure watches. Even if you have a declared value they won't pay out if it is a loss on a watch. Most guys I know, and myself, use these guys.
http://www.g4si.com/en/
dstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2014, 07:19 AM   #20
dstacy
Banned

Watch: A few
3131 Hayes Rd (the address on his license) is an area full of crack houses, gangs, and thugs. Very rough area.
I'm sorry but it really looks like you got taken.
dstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2014, 03:52 PM   #21
Goiguidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex vintage
Good luck!
Goiguidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2014, 04:16 PM   #22
MortgageGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Sounds quite simple to find and catch this criminal. Hope a positive outcome will prevail.
Old 2 July 2014, 08:52 PM   #23
red98a4ss
"TRF" Member

Post this on www.officer.com maybe some Texas detective might take interests in this.
red98a4ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2014, 04:47 AM   #24
applebook
"TRF" Member

Finding this guy is easy enough, but that actually scares me because he's unconcerned.

I would tread carefully with this guy.
Old 3 July 2014, 04:56 AM   #25
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
An "A" serial dates back to 1998. My TT Blue is a "T" 1996 and listed for 5800.00 when I bought it new in Feb 1997. There is no way you could get 8500 for that watch even if it was a safe queen since it was new. Somebody fed the OP a line of B.S. in the first place.
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2014, 06:23 AM   #26
aaronb03
"TRF" Member

So update, actually called this guy and I'm thinking someone either stole his ID or somehow got a picture of it, then went forward with the fraud check and purchase after. In any case, FedEx failed to check ID when they delivered the package. Yes, I agree that's a lot to pay for the watch, but I had initially placed the ad asking for that amount. In my local market that seems close to what they are going for. The price is really a moot point now.
As I said, in hindsight I should have done more research into the FedEx C.O.D shipping program, I thought I was safe being that I suggested it after calling my local FedEx office and they assured me that they verified the cashiers check and the identity of the buyer upon delivery before they handed over the package. At this point my only hope is that FedEx shipping insurance covers it.
Old 3 July 2014, 08:26 AM   #27
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Did you ship it direct signature or adult signature required?
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2014, 12:22 PM   #28
ice_lester
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub/BLNR
I think what you didn't saw in his Driver License is the Expiration. The date of the expiration is to long. Usually the longest expiration date is only four years. His DL is seven years. So, for that you'll have a RED FLAG. That the DL is a FAKE. Even though the buyer send you a Photo of his DL, this doesn't mean his a trusted buyer. You can ask the DMV, to verify his DL. Before you make a deal.
ice_lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2014, 12:27 PM   #29
drifter01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5500 Air-King
Some DLs have up to 7 years or more. I know here in NC I had one with a 7 year duration before expiration one time.

Dave
Ace of Clubs
"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." - Hunter S. Thompson
drifter01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2014, 12:15 AM   #30
function12
"TRF" Member

AZ license go 20 years.
function12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rolex 116613 , stolen , texas