The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 November 2023, 07:20 AM   #1
fauxataraxia
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: yes please
Recent AP Clearwater Experience

Hey y’all. I had my 15300OR serviced by AP Clearwater earlier this year.

Great experience. Got the watch back and it sat in my safe for most of the year.

A few weeks back I wore the watch for a wedding and kept wearing it for a few days. Then I noticed that the watch was losing significant time when I didn’t wear it (behind about 25 mins overnight for a couple of nights straight).

Sent the watch back to AP Clearwater for service and they’re taking care of it as part of the service warranty.

When I asked what might have caused the watch to lose time so soon after service, they asked me if I kept the watch on a watch winder. I said no, and they said that’s the problem.

To prevent future issues with losing time, I need to put the watch on a winder on I get it back from service.

Does that sound right to y’all?
fauxataraxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2023, 07:29 AM   #2
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I’ve experienced this with my 44mm Offshore. If I don’t wear it and it stops it can behave as though it desperately needs a service when I wear it again, if it’s on a winder then there’s no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2023, 08:11 AM   #3
rcwatchcollector
Banned

Get a wolf programmable winder. They wind for 6-8 hours then sits the rest of the time. I swear my watches have been working better since I’ve had them on a wolf winder. I have this 3 space winder and a few singles winders. So all my watches are on winders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rcwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2023, 08:29 AM   #4
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

That’s concerning. No watch should have reliability issues like the situation you faced just bc you didn’t use the watch for a few months.

Using a watch winder should be about convenience especially if you have grand complications or maybe a QP. But the fact that you have to use one for a three hander to function regularly sounds like BS or some serious QC problem
In-N-Out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2023, 12:47 PM   #5
doze
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
That’s concerning. No watch should have reliability issues like the situation you faced just bc you didn’t use the watch for a few months.

Using a watch winder should be about convenience especially if you have grand complications or maybe a QP. But the fact that you have to use one for a three hander to function regularly sounds like BS or some serious QC problem

sounds like a lame excuse from AP. I'd like to hear the reasoning / logic behind that statement.
doze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2023, 12:48 PM   #6
JettyOne
"TRF" Member

It’s a bullshit blame game. If a $30k watch needed a winder to keep time, AP should have supply one with every purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2023, 07:09 PM   #7
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
AP does recommend regular winding.

On clearly written on the website under caring for your watch: You should wind your mechanical watch at least once a month. For a selfwinding watch, we recommend at least 30 turns of the crown to keep the movement components well lubricated.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 11:47 AM   #8
squall1
"TRF" Member

Sorry, deleted because I can't read properly.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote